When I try to use the camera on the my Storm 9530 (Verizon) after using the Slacker Radio app, I get the following message: "Could Not start the camera. Close other applications and try open the camera again." Even when all other apps are closed (with the exception of the 5 that always remain running in the background).

I hadn't encounterd this problem before the installation of the Slacker app or the update on the OS (running v4.7.0.148 official). I'm not really sure which of the two may be causing the issue.

Is anyone else encountering this issue of any sort???

Thanks for your help.
    06-27-09 02:09 PM
    Yes, I'm having the same issue!! On the boat fishing, listening to slacker, nice fish caught and can't take a picture with the phone!! I get the same message. The only fix is to do a battery pull, closing everything out doesn't help. Granted, still have my digital to take pics with but it's nice to attach the photo to message and sent it out at the time.

I've pretty much gotten over most of the storms bugs and learned to deal with them, but this bug really erks me! This is one of the reasons I bought the storm, email, music and taking pics on the boat...it can't get the job done while running slacker...that suks!
    06-27-09 04:23 PM
    Anyone have a fix for this issue, or know what's causing it?
    06-28-09 11:33 PM
    I always have this problem also but I just can't part with my slacker app.what I do when I get the error for camera and video is in this order I turn off my network connection,turn off device,then I pull the battery.that fixes the problem almost everytime for me,also my main problem is during playing slacker and a good song comes on I use the camera to replay the song( left convenience key)open camera then close it.I hope slacker finds out why there app is conflicting with BB media and fix it soon.we all know that will probably will never happen and slacker dosent know the meaning of support.n
    07-19-09 02:41 AM
    I too am having this issue. I did not install the Slacker app but it is in my application folder wanting be to Agree to the terms. When using the convenience button for the camera the storm turn off. I will try removing the battery but I feel this is going to happen every time I use the camera.

Update: Removed the battery waited 5 min and then placed the battery in the phone, turned phone on and now the camera works....what a pain!
    Last edited by mengman; 07-19-09 at 07:05 AM. Reason: Update
    07-19-09 06:56 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD