I'm listening to Slacker Radio on the 9700 using T-Mobile's 3G netowrk. All I can say is - Amazing. Very good fidelity, no drop-offs, it runs great.
    11-18-09 02:47 PM
    it is sweet isn't it?
    11-18-09 02:56 PM
    I'm listening to Slacker Radio on the 9700 using T-Mobile's 3G netowrk. All I can say is - Amazing. Very good fidelity, no drop-offs, it runs great.
    I had this App on my 9000 and it was fantastic, the only downside was that I used it constantly and my battery died really fast....An extra battery quickly solved the problem
    11-18-09 03:23 PM
    I have been listening to mine for over 4 hours today and still have over 50% left. On the cb homepage today they were talking about doing a test with this because the the dev. conf. someone reported that you could listen for 30 hours? CB is going to test this and see how true it is.
    11-18-09 03:26 PM
    Slacker works great! Only used it on wifi so far, so its nice to hear 3g does a good job
    11-18-09 03:38 PM
    Good to hear! I have an 8900 now and listen to Slacker allll day everyday while working but it sucks on EDGE . Can't wait till tomorrow to experience it for myself!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-18-09 03:43 PM
    Yea this app is really cool I use it everyday and don't have a problem with my battery or the application
    11-18-09 07:14 PM
    Is this the same as Pandora? Favor this over Pandora?
    11-18-09 08:46 PM
    Pandora and Slacker are similar, the main difference is that Slacker allows you to cache your stations so that it can play without any network coverage of any type.
    06-09-10 01:54 AM
    I prefer Slacker over Pandora for a couple of reasons. As the previous poster mentioned, you can cache stations which improves performance. Second, the windows player allows better customization. I often listen to my custom stations at work, and can ban songs I don't want to hear.

The performance of Slacker on the 9700 is amazing compared to my 8320. Pandora probably works as well, but Flycast is a better bet. I just added that, and I'll probably add iHeartRadio.
    06-09-10 06:11 AM
    I like Slacker a lot (Pandora too). I listen daily on my commute...which isn't that long. It works great over 3G. Wifi is awesome. There aren't many radio stations at our place in VT, so Slacker really really fills the gap there. Plus, you're not hearing the same local commercials over and over when you leave the radio on. This time of year, we'll eat dinner on our patio. Hook up the ol' 9700 to my ancient "shelf system" which is wired to outside speakers and we're good to go.
    06-09-10 07:00 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD