Hi-

I recently moved up to a 8330 (vzn) but I'm having some issues with slacker. It works fine, however when I plug in headphones it switches to them, then back to the external speaker. It will repeat this randomly for 30 seconds or so, and then it will just play out of the ext spkr. Any thoughts? It doesn't seem to matter if I plug the headphones before I load slacker or after it starts playing. Oem headphones on .119 OS..

Thanks!

Lachlan

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-15-09 08:47 AM
    No one else experienced this? Man, trust me to have the problem that no one else is having..haha

01-15-09 10:56 AM
    I occasionally get something similar with my bluetooth FM transmitter in the car. Slacker will play through the car radio then switch to the Curve's speaker for a few seconds then switch back. It's only happened once or twice in the week i've been using Slacker.
    01-15-09 11:20 AM
    Slacker plays out of the speaker of my 8330 all the time. I can't get it to use the earphones.
    01-15-09 12:27 PM
    I occasionally get something similar with my bluetooth FM transmitter in the car. Slacker will play through the car radio then switch to the Curve's speaker for a few seconds then switch back. It's only happened once or twice in the week i've been using Slacker.
    Never crossed my mind that I could do something like that. What bluetooth device are you using to have this done? Any others you would recommend? Also, Is it complicated or easy to use this way?
    01-15-09 12:41 PM
    Never crossed my mind that I could do something like that. What bluetooth device are you using to have this done? Any others you would recommend? Also, Is it complicated or easy to use this way?
    Motorola T505 bluethoth speaker phone with FM transmitter. Slacker, Media Player, or phone calls are sent by bluetooth to the MOTO, which then sends it via FM transmitter to my car radio.

It works great and is very easy to use. It has auto station signal location and playback, so when you tell it to find an FM station it automatically searches for an available frequency and then tells you what it is so you can tune your radio.

It has features to control media player so you pause the music, skip a track ahead or back. I expected these functions to work with Slacker, but they don't. Probably Slackers proprietary player.

When you make or receive a phone call, the media player will pause, and the resume when you are done. With the Slacker, the hear the voice com, but the music keeps going on the BB, so unless you manually pause Slacker, you will miss part of the music.
    01-15-09 01:25 PM
    Very informative. Thank you wvm. I believe I HAVE to get one of those for the slacker. I love the comedy channel.
    01-15-09 01:59 PM
    Slacker plays out of the speaker of my 8330 all the time. I can't get it to use the earphones.
    Does it try and switch when you plug them in?

01-15-09 02:32 PM
    I am having this same problem with the headphones switching on and off randomly. (slacker), sometimes more often like every 20 seconds for a couple minutes. It is very annoying and I will not attempt to listen to slacker in public through the headphones for sure. Could be embarrassing with some of the explicit music I listen to.

Anyone finf a fix? Does this also happen with blutooth headsets?

01-23-09 11:38 PM
    Yea I can't get slacker to play through the headphones either. Only through the BB speakers. Anyone know a way to fix it?
    01-30-09 12:17 PM
    I also was unable to play Slacker through the headphone jack on my Curve, I also had some problems with my speaker being too quite (both ear and speaker).

I was able to fix this by taking my battery out and putting it back in. Now slacker plays through my headphones when they are plugged in - simple fix, hope it works for you.
    01-31-09 07:03 PM
    Weird. I've never had this problem before: Slacker works perfectly with wired headphones and fairly well (lots of skips but no switching to speakerphone) with my bluetooth.
    01-31-09 08:05 PM
    I just dl'd slacker tonight. It works fine with my wired, noise cancelling heaphones and my ipod buds.

Wondering about battery life though - is this app a big drainer?

01-31-09 09:56 PM
    I am still having this issue?
    Was their any fox for it? I try to listen to slacker at night for sleep music and I just annoy my fiancee because it only comes out the phone speakers.
    I re-downloaded last night and it worked for that night and now its back to its old self again

Anyone care to let me know if there was a fix?

02-25-09 11:35 PM
    Haa I had the same problem when I tried the program so long ago...I dismissed it as a limitation of the program and never posted the question. Will be trying the batterypull to see if that gets it to play through the headphones...will post back with results.

02-25-09 11:57 PM
    As will I
    I will be back in 3 or so minutes

02-26-09 12:06 AM
    Well the battery pull worked for tonight, let's see if I have to do it again tomorrow night
    Ahh classical, now I can sleep
    Good night, lol
    Its weird because I like death metal and classical helps me sleep

02-26-09 12:12 AM
    It worked!!!! I also upgraded to the latest version when it prompted to so I don't know if that contributed to it working. Man you have to love this forum...too scared to ask a question search and someone probably already has and it worked for me...thanks for allowing me to eavesdrop and find the solution to my problem. I will be Slacking tonight.

02-26-09 12:17 AM
    Np man any time

02-26-09 12:32 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD