For those of you that have used both, what do you prefer and why?

I have been using Pandora a little lately and I do like that I can somewhat determine the type of music I listen to.

I have just been reading about Slacker and no nothing of it. What is it like. I would DL it and try it, but I don't get a good reception out where I live.

thanks

JJ
    03-21-09 10:01 PM
    If you would have done a search you would have found the answer.. But anywho.. Pandora has a better quality to me.. The thing i like about slacker is being able to cache stations on your media card.
    03-21-09 10:02 PM
    does the volume keys work with either? like if you used the media player and decrease the volume it actually works, does it do that in either?
    03-21-09 10:40 PM
    I have heard slacker is awesome
    03-22-09 01:44 AM
    Volume keys work in Slacker. Only tried Pandora for a few minutes.
    03-22-09 06:12 AM
    Volume kes work with pandora. Now I haven't used slacker as of yet but I do like pandora due to its audio quality and that it searches out the music by stlye of the artist that you type in. To give an example when I wrote "no doubt"; expecting to hear just them as a test run. I also got green day. When I typed in evanecence I got linkin park, when I tried Ozzy I got iron maiden, guns, nirvana and many more.

Also what I do like of pandora is that there are no comercials and little to no load time (none between songs but a brief load time when creating a new station).

I hope that helps you out on your situation.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-22-09 06:24 AM
    pandora just works faster for me for some reason, but slacker had better choices and options, along with caching stations.
    03-22-09 10:53 AM
    no i meant using the volume keys when the phone is locked. i know that it works in the multimedia player, but does it work on slacker? i know it doesnt in pandora
    03-22-09 11:05 AM
    im using iheartradio for the local OTA stations. seems to work pretty good
    03-22-09 11:22 AM
    I am using both on my bbry. Caching is nice with Slacker, although I don't always have time to hook up my phone and update. One issue with Slacker is that when I get a phone call it pauses the music and I have to go back and manually start it playing. Pandora goes right back to the music at the end of the call. Audio quality is better with Slacker when caching, of course, but I'm leaning tword Pandora right now.
    03-22-09 12:36 PM
    I have known about Pandora longer.I recently found slacker which is better help?
    09-13-09 08:18 PM
    I use and love both for their own merits. As others have mentioned, Slacker has the awesome caching ability, so you can listen when there's no service, on airplanes, etc. Pandora, when you really put time and patience into customizing a station, it becomes a near-mind-reading beast. Also, at one time there was a lot of lag between songs on Slacker. That has been remedied with new versions. If you have room, get both. If you're tight on space, Pandora is much smaller. If you really need caching, Slacker is the only way to go. If you want the best music discovery experience, Pandora owns. So, it's a toss-up depending on your needs.

09-13-09 10:59 PM
    I also use both and they are amazing in their own right. Slacker is def. Awesome for caching stations. However I'm a punk/metal guy and to be honest the songs pandora plays suit my taste much better. Also with slacker the adds can get annoying!

09-14-09 01:00 AM
    I have used both and I did enjoy slacker for about 6 months I like pandora better just because I can have more control over what I listen to.

09-14-09 01:16 AM
    I too prefer Pandora. I like being able to cache but like other I like how Pandora gives me tons of options for whomever I type in.
    09-14-09 11:28 AM
    slacker radio lets you choose your music..all you have to do is search and it will play music related to the search..just like pandora
    02-21-10 12:49 PM
    Pandora FTW!
    02-21-10 01:28 PM
    I tried them both a few months ago and thought the sound quality was much better on Slacker, especially when routing it through my car stereo. I'm a SQ snob, so Slacker wins for me.

Unless pandora upgraded its sq. then i'd be willing to try them again.
    02-23-10 03:01 PM
    Another vote for pandora here.

02-23-10 06:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD