I can't seem to find enough to sway my decision in either direction. I thought I saw a thread like this a while back but can't find it anymore. So I could use some opinions and explainations as to why you think one is better than the other and help me decide what to use...Thanks in advance
    06-06-09 12:04 PM
    I've never really used these before, I just liked iheartradio for my local stations...
    but then I tried out slacker because the main page on CB said it was a new storm compatible app..

I liked it alot, but you pick from their choices... and some of the already made stations really suck. I searched the Beatles and got every genre. rock/pop/even jazz and rap.
    Pandora lets you choose from your favorite song and works almost as Genius on iTunes does. I chose eminem and the first song was eminems new song. Then I got D12, and some remixes, but stayed within the genre.

its all preference, the upside to slacker is they have an option to pay for it, and they give you lyrics, artists info and bio, which is awesome (bio and info is available on free) but if your just using it to listen to music, like a party or your car, you don't really need to read the info.

So my choice is Pandora, but try them both out, they're both free with 6 skips per station
    06-06-09 12:57 PM
    Thanks for the reply. It was very educational. I was hoping to get a couple more responses to help me out as well....Anyone out there?
    06-06-09 01:16 PM
    Thank You. I tried searching but couldn't really find much on them being compared so far seems like Pandora is the way to go...Any Slackers out there?
    06-06-09 01:22 PM
    Ok so I tried Pandora but I have a Hybrid .148 OS with the .148 Radio on T-Mobile which you cannot use with WAP only BIS to keep EDGE can Pandora be configured for BIS or am I screwed?
    06-06-09 02:34 PM
    I'm playing with both right now on my storm. Im not so sure the sound quality is better on pandora over slacker. i dont get as much static over my bt headset with slacker. I do agree pandora picks better music for my preferences but on slacker you can put on your fav artist or song and create a station. you dont just have to pick from there choices. but again pandora does a better job of matching music up with my choice.

To me its still a toss up

Not to get off topic but can someone explain exactly what cache is? What exactly goes on my memory card? how does it get songs if there is no signal? Maybe Im just goofy but I really don't know. Did a search and couldn't find anything.
    Last edited by jshaffer75; 06-06-09 at 05:17 PM.
    06-06-09 04:35 PM
    I have both installed. I find myself using Pandora more but that's just me.
    06-06-09 05:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD