as of now i am running slacker but ive been hearing alot about pandora as of late. whats so great about pandora that slacker cant do? which app do you run on you blackberry?
    04-24-09 06:11 PM
    Pandora creates stations around a song or artist that you input.
    04-24-09 06:15 PM
    Pandora by far.

But you have to be careful. According to your bio you have verizon.

Even if you have the unlimited plan, your terms and condition states.

. The Unlimited plans cannot be used: (1) for any applications that tether the device to laptops, PCs, or other equipment for any purpose, (2) for uploading, downloading or streaming of movies, music or games, (3) with server devices or with host computer applications other than the BlackBerry Enterprise Server, including, without limitation, Web camera posts or broadcasts, continuous jpeg file transfers, automatic data feeds, telemetry applications, automated functions or any other machine-to-machine applications, (4) as substitute or backup for private lines or dedicated data connections.
    Data sessions automatically terminate after two hours of inactivity unless used with a Mobile IP-capable device. We reserve the right to deny or terminate service, without notice, to anyone who uses the Unlimited plan in any manner prohibited above or whose usage adversely impacts our network or service levels. We also reserve the right to terminate service upon expiration of Customer Agreement term.
    Which means that if you use verizon, even with the unlimited plan, and they can disconnect your phone for using pandora. If they disconnect your phone you will have to pay the fees associated with disconnection.
    04-24-09 06:40 PM
    Pandora seems much better to me. I had Slacker for a long while and just recently downloaded Pandora. It seems to have a better screen format and has a few more options.

Also like ne0s0u1 said, Pandora creates the station for you where Slacker does not.

Pandora also seems to have less of a delay between songs.
    04-24-09 06:43 PM
    I use both. Also, Slacker will create stations around an artist too. Same way as Pandora. Enter "Artist X", and it'll play a song by Artist X, then about 3 songs from similar artists, then a song by Artist X, lather, rinse, repeat. I have a whole bunch of Slacker stations like that.
    04-24-09 07:08 PM
    I like Pandora, and I'm on Verizon.

As long as you don't go crazy with the streaming apps like 16 hours a day, every day, I don't think they'll get you.
    04-24-09 07:12 PM
    Pandora by a mile-i started using it years ago on my pc, station selection/playlists are incredible-that said, what was posted above kinda freaks me out-never had a problem after 3 mos. of pretty regular use on by bb w/ Verizon though......

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-24-09 07:24 PM
    Pandora loved it on my iphone, love it on my Bold

04-24-09 07:48 PM
    i actually have and use all of the following for different reasons.

Pandora
    Nobex Radio
    I Heart Radio
    Slacker
    Shazam
    04-24-09 08:22 PM
    i was using slacker and i heart radio and just recently started using pandora and i have to say i really like it a lot. its seemless from song to song!
    04-24-09 08:34 PM
    I like Pandora, and I'm on Verizon.

As long as you don't go crazy with the streaming apps like 16 hours a day, every day, I don't think they'll get you.

That is why I said becareful. I just love companies. That say unlimited data TM

It is only unlimited if you use it how and when they want you to use it.

This is like me allowing you to borrow my car but saying that you have to drive it 15 miles reverse for every 1 mile you drive it foward or I charge you 10 bucks a mile.

It is not honest and is very self serving.

And it is also very nice to now that the company wants to make sure it has a reason to disconnect you and charge you fees for it, when ever it feels like it. Unfortunately it is typical verizon.
    04-25-09 12:41 AM
    I love pandora's features, However the sound quality is terrible compared to slacker.

I don't know what it is, or why it's like that. But Slacker sounds like a digital copy, while pandora.. well, sounds streaming.
    04-25-09 12:44 AM
    i like pandora personally its a good app. slacker is good don't get me wrong but its a real battery killer i ran it for about an hour and my battery was almost dead
    04-25-09 01:12 AM
    Yeah I use Slacker just for that reason, the quality is amazing...
    04-25-09 01:14 AM
    I personally prefer Pandora. Slacker was a bit sluggish but that was before the latest version. VZW better knock that ish off. Thanks for the post, thedarkfinder.
    04-25-09 01:14 AM
    I loooove Pandora!... I've been using Pandora for a while via PC so I was juiced when it was available on my BlackBerry ..... As for slacker I hated it. It ran super slow and did the same to my phone. Even when it wasn't running my phone would still b slow. And I could never cache the stations to my memory card

04-25-09 01:33 AM
    Pandora all the way. It works way better than Slacker for me personally.
    04-25-09 11:23 AM
    I like Pandora on my phone, and Slacker for my PC at work. I only use Slacker for the comedy channels though.

04-25-09 11:59 AM
    I didn't even know Slacker was availble via PC......

04-25-09 12:03 PM
    On Pandora, if I get a text or other message and the alert sound plays, the song restarts...wtf. Slacker ftw.
    04-25-09 12:26 PM
    I didn't even know Slacker was availble via PC......

Slacker has been available for PC for a looong time. It's where it originated. It's not a new discovery.

04-25-09 12:34 PM
    But if ya gave it a shot, u might like Slacker via PC waaay more than via BB. Won't freeze up ur pc. Haha

04-25-09 12:36 PM
    Tried then all. Listening to rage on slacker as I type this.
    04-25-09 02:00 PM
    slacker, hands down.
    04-25-09 05:32 PM
    I like slacker a little more but pandora is growing on me, I don't have to skip as much as I do on slacker. Well that's why I have both radios, they have their own uses.

04-25-09 05:42 PM
39 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD