Hi, I am using an storm and everything work fine but I do not have 3G and I am only using the EDGE network here in Canada.

I have installed every Radio APP and not one has worked. Is this because I am on EDGE and not 3G? Is their setting I have to do to my phone to get these any of these apps to work?

HEEELLLPPPPPP...

Thanks.
    05-20-09 10:17 AM
    Anyone..............?
    05-25-09 11:14 PM
    read the fine print. I don't think it is all of them, but some of them won't work because you are in Canada and they are only meant for u.s. I think Pandora is one of them. Anyway check the FAQ of the respective sites and make sure.
    05-25-09 11:23 PM
    Here is what the founder of pandora said about the streaming in Canada.

"It's just a terrible thing for music that there's not even a licensing structure available that would allow a webcaster to stream legally outside the U.S."
    05-25-09 11:29 PM
    *The Slacker Personal Radio Mobile application is currently available for U.S. customers only.

As for Flycast I believe appworld has flycast canada that might work for you.

I didn't find any info on nobix, but maybe someone else will know.
    Last edited by manny99; 05-26-09 at 12:22 AM.
    05-25-09 11:34 PM
    First i download FlyCast and was a bit annoyed that there are only a few American radio stations available... so i deleted it.

Then i hear there is "FlyCast_Canada" - great! I download that only to find the exact same lists of American radio stations!!! What the *&^$*&%* is that?!

Where can i get my Canadian Radio? Short Wave?

-Canadian Radio is Awesome
    Last edited by BlueGazoo; 06-15-09 at 08:26 PM.
    05-31-09 01:13 PM
    I just downloaded Nobex, and it has ALL (but 1) of the Canadian Radio stations i'm looking for.

Short list if you're interested in good canadain radio:

102.1 CFNY... This is a great station with an awesome history, and some really good "DJ's".... but 2 shows in particular: "Explore Music" and "The Strombo Show" are prerequisites (in every sense of the word)... If big business radio ever sinks their teeth into this station again: no problem - these guys are grass roots, everlasting. Spirit of the Edge.

107.1 Q107... Nobody does classic rock better, especially Psychedelic Psundays (with Toronto's Andy Frost).

91.1 JAZZFM... Without question, this is one of the worlds best Jazz Radio stations because it is one of worlds last "public radio" stations (and if i need to explain why that is important then.... sucks to be you, Sam!)

And talk radio...
    610 CKTB- Larry Fedoruck has great show, and a unique outloook and format for the stage of discussion of current events... one of the few radio programs that is better than TV .

This station used to have a ground breaking show called "Knock Out" where both sides of an argument were always discussed - the format put a stop to barricades that prevent healthy debate; it was also very entertaining, and discussed both light and heavy topics. Hopefully it comes back.

1010 CFRB - Bill Carol defends the Right and Attacks the Left (too bad), but if you ever want to hear how magically biased and unwittingly hypnotizing the Right can be, its worth a listen and a laugh.

This station also used to have a great show called "Two Bald Guys" that also debated ALL sides of a conflict. Too bad one of the hosts "is not there" anymore and we are left with another arogant rightee, trying to doctrinate and remind us how stupid we all are... but again, it's an interesting look into Rightee Radio.

Ever changing Canadian Radio... worth a listen.
    Last edited by BlueGazoo; 06-15-09 at 08:27 PM.
    05-31-09 02:19 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD