Searched the forum but could not find anyone provided a solution. I've seen people asking login issues but not the same. I made sure I have data EDGE working by surfing online. I also verfied my username/password on Slacker.com. "compatibility mode" is also disabled. Any idea?

Slacker: OTA installed latest version
    Last edited by ouki; 02-06-09 at 01:20 PM.
    02-06-09 01:12 PM
    It happened to me too!

For me I had Slacker running perfect on 75 but once I installed 99 last night it went in the toilet.

What I did was I started a new account with another email address I have and it worked.

Do ya have another email address you can use and start a new account via your Storm?
    02-06-09 01:29 PM
    It happened to me too!

For me I had Slacker running perfect on 75 but once I installed 99 last night it went in the toilet.

What I did was I started a new account with another email address I have and it worked.

Do ya have another email address you can use and start a new account via your Storm?
    Trying it now. Did you create the new account on the Storm or on a PC? It gave me "Error creating account." when I did it on the Storm.
    02-06-09 01:35 PM
    I seen a commonality here. We are all running the .99 beta OS, and we are all having cache issues with Slacker.

Has anyone found a work around yet to getting Slacker caching on .99? I like Slacker more than the BB OS, and may just downgrade back to OS .75, if we can't figure it out.
    02-06-09 03:41 PM
    I did it on the Storm.
    02-06-09 04:19 PM
    I did a reset account and it was able to work. You might want to try that.
    02-06-09 04:56 PM
    I did a reset account and it was able to work. You might want to try that.
    What do you mean by 'reset' an account? creating a new one? did you do it on a PC and then login on your storm?
    02-06-09 05:02 PM
    I had installed slacker and could not get it to work no matter what. Had the "Error 401 Login Failed" error that many people here have been reporting lately. I deleted the application, then re-installed the newly released version, (version 1.0.22, just released this afternoon). The new version worked flawlessly!! (I had 1.0.20).

Try that. Good luck.
    02-06-09 08:17 PM
    I'm still on OS .99 [edit: I said .90 earlier by mistake], with Slacker 1.0.20. Was getting Error 401 all day, but have resolved my issues without any upgrades/downgrades.

Suggestion to all having Error 401 or login issues:
    1) Reboot Storm and try again.
    If that doesn't work
    2) Reboot PC and try again.
    If that doesn't work
    3) In Slacker Mobile, choose menu option "Reset Account" then repeat Step 1 and 2 as needed.

Some combination of the above solved things for me. I can now cache stations on Storm OS .90 with Slacker 1.0.20.
    Last edited by JavaDevelop; 02-06-09 at 09:28 PM.
    02-06-09 08:49 PM
    I, too had these issues after my upgrade to .99 (this morning).
    After reading this thread, I tried Slacker again. It is working fine as I type. I did not change a thing. Could it have been a problem on Slacker's end? I think so.
    02-06-09 09:04 PM
    I have tried all the above mentioned solutions with absolutely no success! This is gonna drive me nuts!
    02-08-09 02:58 AM
    Scratch that it just started working. The BBerry gremlin strikes again.
    02-08-09 03:13 AM
    I had this problem running OS .75 I set all permissions to "Allow" and it works fine now.

Hope that helps.
    02-10-09 07:56 AM
    Im trying with OS .90, could that be my problem? i have all permissions to allow and my login/password verified on the slacker site, still no luck
    Running out of options, HELP!
    02-10-09 09:26 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD