added a radio station to cache, but when i turned off radio, nothing played. how does caching work - i read something about having to hook up to a PC, but what then? how many songs does it cache, etc?
    iotaostore likes this.
    07-16-09 03:11 PM
    added a radio station to cache, but when i turned off radio, nothing played. how does caching work - i read something about having to hook up to a PC, but what then? how many songs does it cache, etc?
    Cacheing saves a particular station or set of songs to your memory card so you can play the music without streaming data. The amount of space you cache I guess depends on the size of your memory card.
    07-16-09 03:14 PM
    i understand that, but why does slacker say i need to connect to a PC to download the radio station to my card? i thought it did it on the fly
    07-16-09 03:16 PM
    i understand that, but why does slacker say i need to connect to a PC to download the radio station to my card? i thought it did it on the fly
    To cache a station, you need to connect to the PC. You are going to be downloading a ton of songs, and so the PC is much faster at doing it, than using the phones connection.

You can get more information by going to support.slacker.com and searching cache
    07-16-09 04:52 PM
    This might work for other BBs too:

1) You need an SD card in your device, otherwise Caching doesn't work. Make sure you have Mass Storage mode on and enabled so you can see it in Windows Explorer when attached by USB.

2) Make sure you browser emulation is set to Blackberry.

3) I couldn't use the latest Slacker software (Slacker Radio), I had to use v1.1.23 for Blackberry. You can get the actual .jad file here: http://www.slacker.com/dwls/bb/slacker_mobile.jad

4) You also need the Slacker Station Refresher installed on the PC:
    http://www.slacker.com/support/help/..._refresher.htm

5) Now, I noticed after I marked stations to cache on my BB and then attached the USB cable, it just sat there. Then I went to the SD Card folder and found slacker.synclauncher.exe and an autorun.inf file there. This wasn't autorunning when USB attached. This is the Station Loader app and needs to be launched manually to begin caching. I created a folder on my desktop and copied both files there so I can easily sync when I plug in.

The first time I got a VC++ error on the loader app, I found out I needed to update my Microsoft Visual C++ runtime files. Easy enough, just get it here:
    Download details: Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable Package (x86)

I found upgrading to v2.0 broke my sync and lost my stations, so I'm staying with v1.1.23 .

Hope this lengthy solution helps!
    07-17-09 07:33 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD