This is basically my question. Once I have cached a station or stations and they are placed on my memory card, do I have to keep the Slacker app installed in order to play the music that has been cached? Thanks.
    04-02-09 08:59 PM
    Yes. The data will only play with the Slacker app. I think Slacker is still working with it's site OTA anyway.
    04-02-09 09:05 PM
    This is basically my question. Once I have cached a station or stations and they are placed on my memory card, do I have to keep the Slacker app installed in order to play the music that has been cached? Thanks.
    And you would delete the app because...?
    04-02-09 09:08 PM
    Yes. The data will only play with the Slacker app. I think Slacker is still working with it's site OTA anyway.
    Thank you. BTW...how do I find the cached stations on my media card? When I go to media I do not see a file for it.
    Last edited by classc1; 04-02-09 at 10:10 PM.
    04-02-09 10:06 PM
    And you would delete the app because...?
    Because I am having problems with these music apps draining my battery. Correction..so far...I only know for sure that Iheart drains my battery. I am likely going to uninstall iheart (unfortunately) and keep Slacker until I can determine if it wears down my battery too. If it does, I wanted to know if I would be able to keep the music anyway that I cached.
    04-02-09 10:09 PM
    Uhhh..... Playing music is gonna drain the battery no matter what app you do it with

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-02-09 11:24 PM
    Uhhh..... Playing music is gonna drain the battery no matter what app you do it with

You know what...I'm glad you said that. I think that the bottom line is that I either accept the battery drain or delete the programs.

04-02-09 11:43 PM
    Or you can get one of those extended batteries. The biggest adds a bit to the back of of your phone but the summary of the product says it adds 140% more life.

I'm having a problem cacheing stations. Biggest is that it won't actually do it.

04-03-09 04:11 AM
    Thank you. BTW...how do I find the cached stations on my media card? When I go to media I do not see a file for it.
    There should be a folder named Slacker in the root of your media card.
    04-03-09 07:03 AM
    There should be a folder named Slacker in the root of your media card.
    The root of my card? I have no idea what or where the root of my card is. Does that mean that I will see this folder while on my BB or will I only see it on my PC. Sorry to be so dense.
    04-03-09 08:43 AM
    Or you can get one of those extended batteries. The biggest adds a bit to the back of of your phone but the summary of the product says it adds 140% more life.

I'm having a problem cacheing stations. Biggest is that it won't actually do it.

I never knew they had extended memory batteries...I will have to look into this.
    Sorry you can't cache your stations...I did it for the first time last night. Did you plug your phone into the PC after hitting the cache button on Slacker? You have to do this before it will actually cache the station.
    04-03-09 08:44 AM
    The root of my card? I have no idea what or where the root of my card is. Does that mean that I will see this folder while on my BB or will I only see it on my PC. Sorry to be so dense.
    You would see it on your PC when you have Mass Storage Mode turned on (on your BB). You won't see it on your BB unless you have something life FileManagerPro installed.
    04-03-09 08:51 AM
    You would see it on your PC when you have Mass Storage Mode turned on (on your BB). You won't see it on your BB unless you have something life FileManagerPro installed.
    Thank you!!
    04-03-09 11:59 AM
    Do you play the cached music through the Slacker app or directly from the Slacker file in Media Player?
    04-03-09 12:49 PM
    Do you play the cached music through the Slacker app or directly from the Slacker file in Media Player?
    It plays through the app on the BB. A list comes up with a heading entitled "Cached stations." You click on this and go to the desired station.
    04-03-09 12:52 PM
    When I try to cache Slacker stations on my Blackberry, I get a message that I must have an SD memory card. I already have an SD memory card installed though so I don't understand why it is not recognizing it. I have mass storage turned off - is that correct? Any ideas on why my card is not being recognized by Slacker?

Thanks!
    05-10-09 08:14 AM
    Mass storage must be turned ON and then you have to connect your BB to your PC to upload the songs after you hit "cache stations."

05-10-09 11:30 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD