Big fan of Slacker... especially since none of the streaming audio products work outside of North America (except maybe Nobex Radio Companion) but I can still get Slacker's station caching to work outside of NA.

But on to my problem... I recently moved to Australia and because of which I cannot log into the Slacker website and I cannot download the newest version of Slacker for my 9700.

Would it be possible for someone to email me the COD files for Slacker (you can use BBSAK to extract the COD from your device)?

Any takers?

Would love the latest version... haven't upgraded it in over 8 months and I know that there is newer out there.
    06-09-10 01:58 AM
    I'm actually not a fan of the newest version on the 9700. They've nixed showing what song is playing next. Booooo!
    06-09-10 06:50 AM
    I'm actually not a fan of the newest version on the 9700. They've nixed showing what song is playing next. Booooo!
    They've done this with online player as well. You can see up coming songs unless you upgrade. I guess they're not making any money with all the mobile apps so they're limiting functionality.
    06-09-10 06:55 AM
    06-09-10 01:24 PM
    Keep in mind that with the newest version station caching requires a monthly subscription fee for a premium membership.

If you're still using an older version that doesn't (and you don't have a premium membership), you may want to reconsider upgrading.
    06-09-10 02:10 PM
    Keep in mind that with the newest version station caching requires a monthly subscription fee for a premium membership.

If you're still using an older version that doesn't (and you don't have a premium membership), you may want to reconsider upgrading.
    Slacker 2.xx still supports wired caching through your PC. Slacker 3.xx with premium membership allows wireless caching.
    06-09-10 02:19 PM
    Crap! Why would they change the caching?!?!? Oh wait... duh, PaintDrinkingPete just answered that question... the $$$!

I hate it when free apps turn bad.

Well, maybe I will stick with the old version that I have then. Unless someone has the last 2.x version that they can share? By the way, thanks mmanuk!
    06-09-10 05:22 PM
    I have 2.0.91, which I think is the latest version.

Here is a link:

http://www.slacker.com/dwls/bb/slacker_radio.jad
    06-10-10 06:58 AM
    I have 2.0.91, which I think is the latest version.

Here is a link:

http://www.slacker.com/dwls/bb/slacker_radio.jad
    The latest version would be 3.xx ... which as stated now requires a premium membership for wireless caching.
    06-10-10 08:41 AM
    The latest version would be 3.xx ... which as stated now requires a premium membership for wireless caching.
    I meant the latest 2.x.xx version.
    06-10-10 08:46 AM
    They've done this with online player as well. You can see up coming songs unless you upgrade. I guess they're not making any money with all the mobile apps so they're limiting functionality.
    Interesting, I didn't know that.

I've noticed more ads as well. Now, I understand it's "free" and someone has to pay the bills. I used to like Slacker because of the slicker interface, and preset channels. Now, there's really no advantage over Pandora; you can't see what's playing next and there are a lot of ads to listen to.
    06-15-10 06:59 AM
    The two advantages over Pandora are caching, and custom stations with song banning.
    06-15-10 07:18 AM
    But caching is only with the paid version now. I'm talking a 'free to free' comparo.

I hear you on the song banning. I also like the fact that you can ban an artist from the channel.
    06-15-10 01:27 PM
    For Slacker V3 caching can be done wirelessly. If you stick with Slacker V2 you can still cache but you have to do it via your PC with a USB connection.
    06-15-10 01:33 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD