Just noticed there's a new version. Downloading now. I know a lot of you hate version 3 due to station caching no longer being free. I honestly don't care for the caching.

Just thought I'd get the word out, since I haven't seen a thread on it yet, and the release is fairly new (wasn't up a few days ago).
    05-26-10 01:31 PM
    Last I checked their web site did not have the updated version on it.
    05-26-10 03:23 PM
    I am seeing 3.1.71 also. Maybe they don't have it for all phones yet, I only tried on my Storm 2. 1.1MB, downloading now. Curious what changed.
    05-26-10 03:55 PM
    Last I checked their web site did not have the updated version on it.
    When you go to slacker.com on your BB and click the download link, it's not showing version 3.1?

Here's what's new, according to the Slacker forums:

"Some of the changes for this version of the application:

Bugs
    -Special Characters in password not accepted
    -5.0 Connection setup not working properly if OTA is off and WiFi is on.
    -Pause issue on Storm (OS 5) - counter UI stops but audio continues
    -App crashes if Auto Resume station is on and the last played station was a Streaming Station if the Radio is off on the phone
    -White squares appear on either side of banner ads (biography and review views only)
    -Other Misc Bugs

Improvements
    -Bluetooth controls support for phones running OS 5 + (not available for phones on OS 4.x or below)
    -Cache station playback behavior - only play "cached" when selected from "Cached" folder and stream otherwise.
    -Subscription Info button added to BB Settings Screen
    -Switch EDGE device audio stream flow to the same as CDMA
    -Loading of up next art for basic user disabled per our agreements with the record labels
    -Disable heart and ban buttons during audio ad playback
    -Change "Reset Slacker" to "Reset Account" (Settings)
    -Message for no OTA connection available."
    Last edited by jabbs1; 05-26-10 at 03:59 PM.
    05-26-10 03:57 PM
    I just downloaded this today. This morning, on my way to work, Slacker was really buggy...kept pausing for no reason. When I got to work, I noticed AppWorld pushed an "update available" message to my BB inbox.

This is interesting: "Loading of up next art for basic user disabled per our agreements with the record labels"

You can no longer see what song is coming on next. Why would something like that be part of an agreement with record labels?
    06-02-10 12:26 PM
    Let alone be described as an "improvement".

My guess is the labels strong-armed Slacker and said that if you don't remove the up next artwork that we will charge you more for licensing.

I just don't get this stupid thinking.....
    06-02-10 12:31 PM
    Anyone have a link (OTA) to the previous version? I miss knowing "what's next".

06-03-10 06:43 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD