Can't figure it out. This is the 1st app I installed. My wife has it on her iphone as well. We can both me in the gym listening. She will always have signal. I always get dissconnected.... Whats the dillio??

Also I don't have a memory card. Will this help me. I think I read that I can cache the stations onto my mem card and they will play better and load faster?? Not sure what cache means or how a card would help me?

I tried to sync to my itunes library but can't but music on my 9000. I figure its because I don't have a mem card.. Correct??
    03-26-09 08:35 AM
    how much free mem do you have right now?
    03-26-09 08:38 AM
    Can't figure it out. This is the 1st app I installed. My wife has it on her iphone as well. We can both me in the gym listening. She will always have signal. I always get dissconnected.... Whats the dillio??

Also I don't have a memory card. Will this help me. I think I read that I can cache the stations onto my mem card and they will play better and load faster?? Not sure what cache means or how a card would help me?

I tried to sync to my itunes library but can't but music on my 9000. I figure its because I don't have a mem card.. Correct??
    You could use internal memory for all this. I do not cache Slacker and it works fine. Go to the Blackberry site and get Media Sync. This will make the iTunes transfer work.
    03-26-09 08:40 AM
    how much free mem do you have right now?
    application mem = 27.0 MB

Device mem:
    total 859.2
    free 857.8

Also I notice I never get above -70 dBm for signal....
    03-26-09 08:47 AM
    application mem = 27.0 MB

Device mem:
    total 859.2
    free 857.8

Also I notice I never get above -70 dBm for signal....
    All looks good, no issues there.
    03-26-09 08:55 AM
    slacker should work fine...
    -70 dB is kinda low... mine is jumping back and forth between -81 to -90 and im at work... maybe its your coverage area? whats your wife's signal like??
    03-26-09 08:56 AM
    Usually the lower the db reading the stronger your signal is, I have full bars just about everywhere I go and my signal reading is right at -70db
    03-26-09 09:05 AM
    Usually the lower the db reading the stronger your signal is, I have full bars just about everywhere I go and my signal reading is right at -70db
    i have full signal with 3G and its sayin its at -96

???
    03-26-09 09:16 AM
    I don't know if its different for different areas but I have the same as well and I'm reading around -70, that's interesting. I might have to do a little digging on this.

edit: okay this is what i have found on another forum- "There's a misconception here. Some of you talk about the lowest dB reading you've seen, however, the correct term is the HIGHEST dB you've seen, NOT the lowest. Since these are negative numbers, that means that a reading of -44dB is HIGHER than -80dB. I posted a similar thread in the old forums as some of you may remember. To avoid confusion, I always refer to it as STRONGER/WEAKER, instead of HIGHER/LOWER. Therefore, the lower readings means the signal is weaker (going away from zero) and the higher readings means the signal is stronger (getting closer to zero)."
    Last edited by addict83; 03-26-09 at 09:22 AM.
    03-26-09 09:18 AM
    The bars are relative, not sure I would get too hung up on % vs number of bars.

To stay on topic, the OP's stats are fine for using Slacker. He may not be getting a very good signal inside their gym. In addition, the iPhone only can process one thing at a time, so no other loads are placed on the CPU. The Bold will have a higher load on the CPU. My guess is the very pretty GUI of Slacker is pretty CPU intensive.
    03-26-09 09:24 AM
    From what I can see, I get very little fluctuation from -70. I wll check it tonight when I am in the gym. I have not recieved a phone call in the gym as of yet and now that I think of it the gym does have a metal roof...

I have noticed that if I am playing slacker with headset on and I try to make an outgoing call sometimes I get an error messeg on the screen. I will make not of it the next time it does it. I am thinking maybe it is more a load on the CPU issue.
    03-26-09 09:46 AM
    addict83, thanks for that info.. i didnt know that and im still kinda confused as to why mine is always between -80 to -90 when i have full bars... weird.

as to the OP, if you have that much free mem, and good signal then Slacker should work fine... a memory card is good to free up some hard memory on ur phone for example, put music on there, images, videos.... put its not necessary for slacker to work...
    try a battery pull... i dont know but it might help but low signal in the gym could be the issue as well
    03-26-09 09:47 AM
    From what I can see, I get very little fluctuation from -70. I wll check it tonight when I am in the gym. I have not recieved a phone call in the gym as of yet and now that I think of it the gym does have a metal roof...

I have noticed that if I am playing slacker with headset on and I try to make an outgoing call sometimes I get an error messeg on the screen. I will make not of it the next time it does it. I am thinking maybe it is more a load on the CPU issue.
    This is a good point. Since you are comparing your wife's signal with yours, call each other while your are there, see what happens.
    03-26-09 09:52 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD