Whenever I try to make Skype to Skype calls with IM+, it tells me: "SkypeOut is required to make and receive calls and to send SMS. To get SkypeOut go to shapeservices.com/skypeout. If you want to learn about making calls in IM+ for Skype visit: IM+ for Skype Requirements."

I am currently using the 3.3.3 version with my 9700 Bold. I thought making Skype to Skype calls were free? Am I getting this info wrong? Thanks!
    01-24-10 11:19 AM
    I have Skype Out with my normal subscription to SKYPE and dont have that message with IM+
    01-24-10 11:54 AM
    Only the new beta of IM+ for Skype does true VOIP calls. The current release connected to Skype's network via phone calls. So, when you go to make a call, Skype calls your BB (hence SkypeOut), then connects you to your other party.

If you were lucky enough to get into the IM+ beta (I think they stopped accepting people already), then you should be able to connect to your Skype account via wifi and bypass the need for phone calls.
    01-24-10 01:16 PM
    Thanks! I didn't want VoIP calls anyways. What I wanted is what u decribed where skype calls my phone. I always thought that I didn't need skypeout when I call skype 2 skype.

Oh wellz. I might consider getting skypeout then

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-24-10 01:44 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD