I've tried downloading the Skype application for my new Bold but it appears that its not available for this phone. This is odd as I thought skype was supposed to be on all verizon smartphones? Anyone that successfully got skype on their bold 9650?
    06-04-10 11:47 PM
    I was just looking for this myself. No luck either. Anyone had any luck with it?
    06-05-10 09:22 AM
    Okay, found it. Use the browser and for to the homepage favorite the you want to get into the media store. It's in there.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    06-05-10 05:12 PM
    I downloaded it, kinda useless, doesn't work over wifi which doesn't make much sense to me... Why bother using it if you still have to use VZW's network?
    06-05-10 05:34 PM
    use the browser at the homepage
    06-05-10 08:10 PM
    yeah i had the same problem too
    06-05-10 08:11 PM
    i sent myself a link via SMS and skype says my phone is not supported
    06-24-10 10:53 AM
    I used the link that was pushed to my phone. It was actually on the home screen (on the bottom).

If it helps the version number is 1.0.0.6.
    06-24-10 11:02 AM
    actually, Download Skype for your mobile still says phone is incompatible, but when you click 'download' it lets you do it for Bold 9650. Sounds like a bug.
    06-24-10 01:29 PM
    I downloaded it, kinda useless, doesn't work over wifi which doesn't make much sense to me... Why bother using it if you still have to use VZW's network?
    The fact that it works anywhere you have signal is an upside. If it were limited to Wifi only, it'd be practically useless.
    06-24-10 04:59 PM
    i have it working fine on my Bold, and using it for international calls is a huge plus! i call friends of mine that are in portugal, itlay, and england for muuuch cheaper than i would have to pay verizon
    Last edited by TheAdmira1; 06-24-10 at 05:31 PM. Reason: forgot to metion it's working on my bold
    06-24-10 05:30 PM
    Skype on Verizon is unreliable and they are trying to tweak it to their advantage so you have to pay monthly fees. I discovered this when the advert on the television in spanish didn't much the set description of the application. Unlimited calls/text through data network right? That's not exactly how Verizon wants to do it.
    06-25-10 01:01 AM
    OK I'm confused. I don't have the Skype icon on my 9650 home screen, and when I have Skype SMS me the link, it says my 9650 is not compatible. Does anyone know how to get around this so you can download the app? Thanks!
    10-25-10 06:53 AM
    OK I'm confused. I don't have the Skype icon on my 9650 home screen, and when I have Skype SMS me the link, it says my 9650 is not compatible. Does anyone know how to get around this so you can download the app? Thanks!
    The system won't let me post a link to the skype installer. You'll need to parse it yourself. Go to the following url from blackberry browser:

mobile DOT vzw DOT com SLASH download SLASH Bourbon SLASH BB9650 SLASH Skype_mobile.jad
    10-26-10 11:18 AM
    The system won't let me post a link to the skype installer. You'll need to parse it yourself. Go to the following url from blackberry browser:

mobile DOT vzw DOT com SLASH download SLASH Bourbon SLASH BB9650 SLASH Skype_mobile.jad

You're a genius!! Thanks so much!!
    10-26-10 12:27 PM
    Skype icon was already on my BB 9650 and when i opened it led to the download site. I just got it a week ago
    and it works fine
    10-26-10 02:15 PM
    Me too....works well, but as someone mentioned, it is somewhat limited in use.

Great for IM PC to BB, and also great for using Skype credit to call internationally from the cell phone using Skype.

The use of wifi would NOT be useless at all. In places where the signal is poor or when I travel internationally, the ability to make calls over wifi would be HUGE.

R
    10-26-10 07:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD