Hello,
    SHAPE Services is glad to announce that today we launch a beta-testing campaign for our best-seller IM+ All-in-One Messenger. The newest version is noteworthy by Skype chat functionality that has been recently implemented. Give it a try! Download the beta version of IM+, connect to Skype and chat with your Skype buddies!
    Your feedback and suggestions are welcome and highly appreciated. Please note, that Skype chat is the primary aim of this beta testing. To make your observation, please fill out the Report Form.
    The most active beta-testers will be rewarded with licences for IM+ or any other SHAPE Services product.
    The latest version is available for download at Shape Services web or wap site.
    Last edited by DoLphin_Lena; 05-05-09 at 09:47 AM.
    05-05-09 09:32 AM
    When I try to download, it tells me it isn't a proper .jad file. Tried both website and wap site.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-05-09 09:37 AM
    I would test but I wouldn't even know what to do with skype.
    I don't believe any of my friends use it either

Im+ is a great application though.
    I am a hardcore user

05-05-09 10:02 AM
    navygreengolf: please download it again. Should be ok now!
    05-05-09 10:05 AM
    Great addition! The only thing I felt that was truly missing from IM+

05-05-09 10:57 AM
    Yep, works now!

05-05-09 11:57 AM
    Is this beta report form only for problems or for any observations? So far, so good. IM speed is almost instant
    05-05-09 01:08 PM
    I did a chat via Skype down to a buddy Brazil. Worked great, almost as fast as the native BB IM app. I only wish it had the "typing" indicator so I knew whether to wait for a reply or assume the conversation was over

05-05-09 06:42 PM
    I just installed and it looks and works great. Perhaps adding irc capabilities in the future would be cool as well.
    currently running:
    aim
    facebook
    google talk
    msn

skype takes a bit longer to connect than the others at times but runs smooth. have had a disconnect while in conversation.
    I ran the app for over 24hrs to see what services would remain connected even when idle. google talk and skype will drop out I believe due to idle time. AIM, MSN, Yahoo and Facebook stayed connected.
    When running multiple services there is a noticeable drain on the battery. This was to be expected due to many connection updates and user status updates. If only a couple are running then the drain is not very noticeable at all.
    Today(5/9/2009) I received a message from check.online.hall via skype(unsolicited):
    ATTENTION ! Security Center has detected
    malware on your computer !

Affected Software:

Microsoft Windows Vista
    Microsoft Windows XP
    Microsoft Windows 2000
    Microsoft Windows NT Server 4.0
    Microsoft Windows Win98
    Microsoft Windows Server 2003

Impact of Vulnerability: Remote Code Execution /
    Virus
    check.online.hall: Infection /
    Unexpected shutdowns

Recomendation: Users running vulnerable version
    should install a repair
    utility immediately

Your system IS affected, download the patch from the
    address below !
    Failure to do so may result in severe computer
    malfunction.

http:// www.xxxxxxxxxxx.cc/?q=scan

I had to type this in as "Capture It!" does not work inside of IM +
    Anyone else seen this?

facebook should be excluded from global status update. social networking site updates are not the same as an im update/status. options need to be set for what services are to be updated in global status.
    having issues with facebook open on computer receiving messages and showing logged in. when like this I can send from my storm but not receive from them. the entire dialog pops up on the computer though. interesting
    Last edited by jaskru; 05-09-09 at 10:49 AM.
    05-05-09 07:22 PM
    I saw my Facebook status change once when I downloaded IM+ the first time but don't see how I can do it proactively. Not the "away" etc status but the long form one's where you can say whatever you want. Anyone know how? Otherwise that would be a nice addition so I could possibly get rid of my Facebook app too.

05-06-09 12:35 AM
    alextse, please press menu button and select Change Global Status. Then enter the message you would like to set as your status message.

Any observations and suggestions are welcome here and by report form. Thank you for your cooperation!
    Last edited by DoLphin_Lena; 05-06-09 at 06:55 AM.
    05-06-09 06:53 AM
    DoLphin_Lena: do all the services have the same status format? For example, Facebook automatically inserts your name so it appears "[Name]..." Can I assume the same for all the services IM+ covers so that a global status update can apply correctly across all services? If not, then it would be nice to have the ability to set long form status for each service individually. Thanks!

05-06-09 11:05 AM
    DoLphin_Lena: do all the services have the same status format? For example, Facebook automatically inserts your name so it appears "[Name]..." Can I assume the same for all the services IM+ covers so that a global status update can apply correctly across all services? If not, then it would be nice to have the ability to set long form status for each service individually. Thanks!
    Yes, global status message is the same for all your connected services. All the statuses are updates correctly according to the service.

As for separate status message for each service, I have forwarded you suggestion to our development team.
    05-06-09 11:21 AM
    Just tested with my Dad. He's using a PC hard-wired to Internet and I'm using my BlackBerry on cellular. My BB posts to him were instant whereas his replies to me were delayed about 3-5 seconds after hitting "enter." Also the emoticons I sent to him came across as text, not sure if that is a setting issue though. It appears that he was able to leave me a voice message which is very nice.

Still suggest adding "is typing" so I know if the other person is currently responding or has gone away.

Great app!
    05-06-09 01:55 PM
    Hi there,
    Twitter chat is available in IM+ (also in beta). Try it, visit
    SHAPE Services website
    or
    SHAPE Services wapsite
    05-16-09 04:25 PM
    Just used Skype/Skype chat from NYC with a friend in London. Worked perfectly. Going to check out the Twitter chat next.
    05-16-09 07:48 PM
    It would be nice if, with all accounts, pushing the Back button would delete text entered into an instant message (i.e., like BBM and other RIM chat programs). Also, when pushing the Delete key while highlighting a dialogue, I am asked whether I want to delete that particular user. Given that pressing Delete while highlighting a chat (in other apps) generally offers to close the chat, rather than deleting the user, I'd like it if this worked the same. I imagine that the current functionality will result in accidental deletion of contacts when people only intend to close the chat.
    05-16-09 08:34 PM
    no the best to use is implus 7.0.1 it has everything on there including facebook messenger
    05-17-09 11:13 AM
    im+ was updated yesterday to 7.2..adds skype chat. Twitter is still only on the Beta
    05-19-09 08:44 PM
    There is a post going as of last night on users of IM+ no longer able to connect to facebook. I was able to connect with your test account but my account will not connect. There is another user who posted as well and can't connect either with facebook. Both of us were able to connect before last night. Can you please help. Thanks.
    05-20-09 06:48 AM
    The prob on me is kept on disconnected from myspace. Not sure whether that just my coverage or myspace itself. The rest don't have that prob. But since I use it, my bat runs out quite quick... :s

05-22-09 04:58 PM
    I'm loving the beta version. I sometimes have problems logging into Skype. Best app out there!

05-22-09 05:53 PM
    Downloading now. I'll post me thoughts sometime this weekend.
    05-23-09 03:12 AM
    So can anyone confirm that skypeout (skype to landline) only uses voice minutes? Can someone try it on wifi and data?

05-23-09 09:04 AM
    There is a post going as of last night on users of IM+ no longer able to connect to facebook. I was able to connect with your test account but my account will not connect. There is another user who posted as well and can't connect either with facebook. Both of us were able to connect before last night. Can you please help. Thanks.
    Same thing happened to me, I cant log in Facebook chat Via the new Beta IM+, login/password error but i enter the right password and user, i even tried my wife and my brother's account all cant connect to facebook chat,

BUT the weird thing is i can connect to IMPLUS Facebook Trial Account....
    05-24-09 11:22 AM
32 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD