Holy crap thats huge, has anyone tried the beta posted above?
    Yeah can't even get past the first screen in or out of compatibility mode. Don't think it's working yet, at least not for Storm.
    05-28-09 05:23 AM
    Originally Posted by chrisnz View Post
    Do not allow updates, and do not update it, the update breaks the beta from working.
    Use the key Q, P and Space. Can not use enter key, I hate it
    05-28-09 05:26 AM
    doesn't work on my bold...
    05-28-09 07:45 AM
    I can't wait to get this

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-28-09 08:03 AM
    Aint workin on my curve.
    05-28-09 01:41 PM
    It has skype BETA for BlackBerry, but can not call

Pls test. It for all BB version

P/s: From Tinh Te - Vietnam
    wtf? This page is all in vietnamese. Where is the link for this beta skype program you're talking about?

05-29-09 01:41 AM
    wtf? This page is all in vietnamese. Where is the link for this beta skype program you're talking about?

Try search with "skype" and you find the link for beta version. It`s work on Bold but only chat mode.
    05-29-09 05:28 AM
    So it only works on the bold?
    05-29-09 11:46 AM
    [QUOTE=buisuoi;2655025]It has skype BETA for BlackBerry, but can not call

Pls test. It for all BB version

P/s: From Tinh Te - Vietnam

------------------------------------

Installed it but can�t get past the language selection..... there is also a link from the Skype site but blackberry is not listed in the menu of devices. I�m not convinced this version is meant for BlackBerry.

Fuggedaboutit. RIM will never open up VoIP for Skype to operate over data. Check out GuerrillaTel.com instead.
    05-29-09 03:26 PM
    I think you meant to say VZW. RIM would care less. BTW, look into the other Skype thread for hints on getting the "beta" to run on the Storm. I've got it running. Calls are, however, routed via the cellular network. No VoIP.

RIM will never open up VoIP for Skype to operate over data.
    05-29-09 03:42 PM
    I think you meant to say VZW. RIM would care less. BTW, look into the other Skype thread for hints on getting the "beta" to run on the Storm. I've got it running. Calls are, however, routed via the cellular network. No VoIP.
    You're right. VZW (+ every other carrier who makes a fortune on LD and, epecially, roaming charges) cares a great deal. But, I know for a fact that RIM is looking carefully at all voice apps... very carefuly.
    05-29-09 03:48 PM
    Calls are, however, routed via the cellular network. No VoIP.
    That's a bit disappointing. On my main PC I had a video call with someone in Japan. We both have Skype and it was just through IP. How cool it would be through a handheld!

Are there any other solutions out there? I think iSkoot operates the same way.

Thanks.
    12-21-09 03:12 PM
37 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD