Afternoon all, ok first off i'm in in the UK using bold 9000 or as I call it the kojak. I have been waiting for skype to come out on the blackberry for ages. I emailed them, suggested things, and today I did "the search" and found this:

skype.com/intl/en-us/get-skype/on-your-mobile/download/

but it is only for one US carrier, uniclimax of the day contender! I know for many of you it is good news,so enjoy.
    Cheers,

kumar
    Last edited by kkpancholi; 07-29-10 at 09:15 AM.
    07-29-10 09:12 AM
    My understanding has been that Skype has been available for BB for quite some time. I know that VZW has an agreement with Skype to offer their services no charge. I'm not a Skype user... so I don't know much about it.
    07-29-10 10:04 AM
    Correct elvin. This isn't new. Verizon and Skype partnered up to offer Skype calling on Verizon Blackberries.

The rest of us BB users will have to use 3rd party programs or wait for now.
    07-29-10 10:12 AM
    Yep, I know that any Skype to Skype call is free, and any call from Skype to a landline phone uses your minutes...
    07-29-10 10:57 AM
    Yea, like what has been said, Skype has been out for a while, and is only available for Verizon users.

Skype Mobile Now Available for Verizon Users ... But What About Other Carriers? | CrackBerry.com

I don't have a need for Skype, but have heard iSkoot works well for some people. Check it out iSkoot
    07-29-10 11:50 AM
    As of 20 Jan, iSkoot no longer works :-(

I'm on O2 in the UK - any other ideas now?? Does the 3 app work on an O2 phone and is the download anywhere?
    01-21-11 11:06 AM
    I just bought IM+ Talk, very expensive but seems to work well.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-21-11 12:01 PM
    HAs anyone worked skype successfully?
    01-21-11 01:32 PM
    HAs anyone worked skype successfully?
    Yes, If you're on Verizon.
    No, If you're on any other carrier.
    01-21-11 01:39 PM
    I just checked out the iSkoot website ( http://www.iskoot.com ) and bad news for any BlackBerry users...

This statement is on their product page regarding iSkoot for BB:

"ISKOOT FOR SKYPE WILL BE SHUT DOWN ON JANUARY 20, 2011

Current users will be able to connect to iSkoot for Skype until January 20, 2011.

As of today, downloads are no longer available from www.iskoot.com and no new user accounts can be accepted.

Sincere thanks to everyone who has used this service for your support and feedback over the years."

Hmm, the more inexpensive options for using Skype features are slowly thinning...

Anyone know what happened to these guys anyway?

Posted using my CrackBerry Torch at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by Jleeblanch; 01-21-11 at 11:28 PM.
    01-21-11 11:10 PM
    01-22-11 07:44 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD