just came across skype is available to download from 3's blackberry handsets, it works no problem on my 9700, not sure if it supports 3's early 9000.

go to 3's Sevices on your handset and download skype from there.
    07-25-10 06:10 AM
    Many thanks for this! Have you tried it out yet?
    07-25-10 08:19 AM
    Any chance of a link - hopefully we can make it work on tmob

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-25-10 09:52 AM
    Yeah I'd love to try this.
    07-25-10 09:57 AM
    It can only be downloaded via 3 services.
    07-25-10 10:03 AM
    Any chance of a link - hopefully we can make it work on tmob

I know Verizon BlackBerry's have a Skype application and some of the European carriers do too. Don't see AT&T or T-Mobile offering this anytime soon. <-- Would love to be wrong..
    07-25-10 10:10 AM
    Hmmmm from trying it out now it seems I am unable to make calls?
    07-25-10 10:38 AM
    Put 3's SIM card to another unlocked phone and download it.
    Or somebody leave that link which 3 sent to ur phone
    We can try

07-25-10 11:06 AM
    The best I have found recently is iskoot I iM+ talk is only half duplex - works like a walky talky - you have to push a button to talk.

Anyone got better?

07-25-10 01:29 PM
    Not sure if this will help.

It's a Skype beta program that I got from somewhere - I have no idea where I found it - a senior moment, I think.

Anyway, here it is, if it works, it works. Don't call me if it does not. I can't provide any help. Sorry.
    07-25-10 01:47 PM
    Can somebody let me know if that zip file works, thanks.
    07-25-10 02:18 PM
    Many thanks for this! Have you tried it out yet?
    havent received any calls yet but made a couple of them and they were good.
    07-25-10 04:47 PM
    Oh, it works all right. It is just that it is a beta release from about a year ago.
    07-25-10 04:47 PM
    Hmmmm from trying it out now it seems I am unable to make calls?
    i've got no problems with making calls, i cant think of why, need a credit topup?
    07-25-10 04:49 PM
    havent received any calls yet but made a couple of them and they were good.
    I can receive calls with no problem, but I am unable to make them. I press 'call' and nothing happens :/ I know this sounds rather dumb, but how to do make a call on the thing? Maybe I am doing something wrong?

07-25-10 04:51 PM
    i've got no problems with making calls, i cant think of why, need a credit topup?
    Credit is on the account though, plus I was also calling another skype user hmmmm lol! I can receive them though so its not too bad. Hey I have skype for bb at last so I shouldn't complain lol!

07-25-10 04:52 PM
    Im+ free edition times skype out after 30 minutes. I'll Probably have to purchase it anyways. No biggie. Nimbuzz, sadly, doesn't support calling.

iskoot tried to make several long-distance and international calls. I removed it as each time I launched it, a call would be made at random. I didn't want international call billing at $1/minute either.

I'm patiently waiting for skype to reach Telus, wind and public mobile.

07-25-10 08:29 PM
    Skype on the 3UK network WORKS! Yipee! At last!
    Struggling a little with the messaging/chat format, but call clarity is spot on.
    For those on 3UK network it can be downloaded and installed straight to the phone form planet 3.
    07-29-10 05:33 PM
    Hello everyone, i need a great favour. Can someone upload three uk skype application for blackberry on this website? I have a blackberry which is not from 3 network and i cant download software from planet 3. Please help!!!
    10-05-10 02:51 PM
    Skype on the 3UK network WORKS! Yipee! At last!
    Struggling a little with the messaging/chat format, but call clarity is spot on.
    For those on 3UK network it can be downloaded and installed straight to the phone form planet 3.
    Hello everyone, i need a great favour. Can someone upload three uk skype application for blackberry on this website? I have a blackberry which is not from 3 network and i cant download software from planet 3. Please help!!!
    Imti likes this.
    10-05-10 02:52 PM
    I guess you'll have to wait it out.

10-05-10 03:07 PM
    I guess you'll have to wait it out.

I'm on 3uk network, but can't use planet 3. I have been googling for this app for 7 days now. No luck. Are you on three uk? Can someone upload it or email me at pajocuturapajo(at)yahoo.com? Cheers, James
    10-05-10 06:25 PM
    Oh, it works all right. It is just that it is a beta release from about a year ago.
    I tried to get it work on my Bold 9700 on O2 but it didnt..
    10-10-10 05:00 PM
    I'm having same problem - have you found a solution, if so i would like to hear from you. I have a BB Pearl 3G 9105
    01-11-11 06:36 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD