Is there a skype blackberry program yet.. All I want is the chat. Anyone know? Thanks.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-04-09 05:46 PM
    Skype put out a press release about this back in March that claiming Skype for BlackBerry was "coming soon". Sadly, "soon" never came to be.

I think the only alternative right now is using a third party app like iSkoot. I'm not sure if it supports the Tour, however...
    10-04-09 05:51 PM
    I bets its because they are working on getting the iphone app out Damn apple!

10-04-09 08:44 PM
    Is there a skype blackberry program yet.. All I want is the chat. Anyone know? Thanks.

I believe the only Skype IM apps are paid. Who knows why.

Skype works great on my iTouch though.
    10-04-09 11:02 PM
    Here something free and works well.

� iSkoot for Skype
    10-04-09 11:06 PM
    I have google voice for my international calling. The program works great, but it's by invitation only. I requested an invite to the program, and it took about 3 weeks before they got back to me. I use it all the time now. The rates are very reasonable.
    10-04-09 11:46 PM
    I like the sound of it, and may grab it if I ever travel a lot for business, but be forewarned......for those who don't have unlimited minutes, it does route the calls over the voice network, and will incur minutes usage:

iSkoot’s technical architecture takes advantage of the best features of your mobile operator’s existing voice and data networks. Routing your Skype calls over the voice channel ensures that your Skype calls sound as good and connect as well as any other calls you make from your mobile.
    Nice program though.
    10-05-09 07:19 AM
    I have google voice for my international calling. The program works great, but it's by invitation only. I requested an invite to the program, and it took about 3 weeks before they got back to me. I use it all the time now. The rates are very reasonable.
    how much do you pay for google voice to call internationally? how does it work?
    10-05-09 07:28 AM
    ...how does it work?
    10-05-09 07:36 AM
    Which model do you use for the Tour since its not listed on the iSkoot site? Thanks!

Bill...
    10-06-09 07:13 AM
    I have a bb9630 and I use iskoot for skype several times a week. Works very well. I can call skype contacts on their pc. They can't call me unless I have skype out credits. So, I only call them.

10-06-09 12:03 PM

there is one on IM+ SKYPE.
    10-07-09 01:23 AM
    I bets its because they are working on getting the iphone app out Damn apple!

I second that
    10-07-09 01:29 AM
    I use IM+, its paid app but worth the money. Nice user interface

10-07-09 01:36 AM
    When I call internationally, I just log into my google app and dial the phone number I want to call. I think they re-route my call from another number. I usually call Argentina $.03 per minute, or Mexico $.08 per minute. It's pretty cool, it's just like a regular phone call. You can add funds to your google voice account via credit card.
    10-07-09 02:07 AM
    does this work on the storm 9530?
    10-07-09 03:29 AM
    does this work on the storm 9530?
    Yes it does.
    11-06-09 11:14 PM
    Here something free and works well.

� iSkoot for Skype
    They don't have it for the storm though
    11-17-09 03:44 PM
    I assume you download the 8900 version for the Tour, as it has the same screen resolution?
    11-18-09 05:18 PM
    I can confirm that the version of iSkoot for the 8900 does work on the Tour!

By the way, is there any way to change the status message? I was only able to change status from online to away, etc ... But no way to change my personal message?

11-18-09 09:24 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD