New skype app works great on Blackberry curve!! I love it!!
    06-30-09 02:13 PM
    New skype app works great on Blackberry curve!! I love it!!
    ummm i haven't found any skype apps for the curve... where did you find it?
    07-07-09 03:21 PM
    duh. this thread is about a skype beta for blackberry not just storm.
    07-07-09 05:33 PM
    duh. this thread is about a skype beta for blackberry not just storm.
    duh? take a look at the thread name before you "duh."
    07-07-09 09:21 PM
    I have enough trouble with the Storm screen, but the Skype Beta does not allow screen touch, and although I know how to use p, q, a, and <spacebar>, I still can't figure out how to enter my password. It's also very happy to just throw you out any time it wants.

I use IM+ on my curve, I love it. I think this will probably work fine on the curve, but I need it for the Storm. Anyone figure out how to tab around this thing?
    07-14-09 02:42 PM
    so does this just route the call to skype server then skype is essentailly calling the number? so your call would be to a skype number? if so the friends and family idea should work
    07-14-09 11:54 PM
    Both IM+ for Skype and he new Skype app work by making an outbound call from their local site and connecting you with your phone line. It is especially useful if you have an unlocked phone (which I do) and buy local-country sim cards for pennies or pence, as the case may be, usually from a typical mom-and-pop type operation, or in Asia, a 7-11. It saves a fortune.
    07-15-09 01:04 PM
    I just want to add my experience to this thread.

I'm french and I'm in UK for 6 months. I got my french BlackBerry 9500 unlocked.

In UK, 3 Mobile has an unlimited Skype offer with Pay-As-You-Go SIM Card. This feature is compatible with LG, Samsung, Nokia, Sony Ericson phones but... not for Blackberry.
    Basically it works with all phones which are compatible with the Official Skype mobile application : Skype Lite.
    The technical support told me that this offer wouldn't work with third party Skype client such as IM+ or iSkoot. With these apps, It would use my data allocation instead of being free.

So, I got an awesome SIM card with the free Skype feature... without the good phone to go with...

Thanks RIM and thanks Skype...
    07-21-09 12:58 PM
    Skype to the Storm..nice if its done correctly
    07-21-09 01:00 PM
    For now, all the feebacks I've found about Skype Lite on BB Storm are like : "It doesn't work with the touchscreen, I can't connect to my Skype account".

Maybe I missed something, my english comprehension isn't so good...
    07-21-09 01:10 PM
    in comparison to iskoot, are ther advantages?
    07-21-09 02:25 PM
36 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD