That sucks!

I was waiting for skype to be released. It would make my blackberry THAT much more useful!
    08-02-09 11:18 AM
    Well it's still mentioned on the skype page (Skype Coming to BlackBerry Smartphones in May - About Skype)
    It clearly says that it should be available VERY soon.
    Last edited by jvd; 08-02-09 at 03:35 PM. Reason: Yeah, can add links now
    08-02-09 03:25 PM
    You see what happens when investors take over companies... what a sac of s-h-i-t! Anyways, whenever google voice will be released it will destroy "Frankenskype' or Skype or whatever the h-e-l-l they wanna call it. It's a pity because I like skype and have been using it from day one!

One thing is for sure, Google has been consistent since day one with their apps, or at least try to be as consistent as possible.
    What in the eff is FrankenSkype??

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-02-09 08:20 PM
    This is the reply of Skype:

Thank you for contacting Skype Support.

We are glad to hear that you are interested in using Skype software on
    your device.

We are aware of the demand for a Skype release that for Blackberry and
    are working on it.
    Unfortunately at the moment we cannot provide you with the exact
    timeframe, but we are trying to release Skype for BlackBerry as soon as
    possible.

Please stay tuned to our website Skype – Make free calls and great value calls on the internet.
    Skype versions for mobile devices: Skype on your mobile device

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience and if you should need more
    assistance, feel free to contact us again.

Best regards,

Kaarel

Skype Customer Support

Well not really a surprise. So we'll have to wait.......wait......wait.......

So JoeyDee (They'll give you a sack of s-h-i-t for an answer dude....). You're right. It sucks
    08-05-09 03:02 PM
    Oh, I sent a message back to our dear Kaarel (Mr. Skype):

Dear Kaarel,

Thank you for your reply, but various website (including skype!) talk abou the release in May. No further information.

It would be very good if we (blackberry users) can find proper information regarding an estimated release date and delay so all blackberry users are properly informed.

Also the link for downloading skype software for blackberry, isn't software for blackberry (which I found out during installation on the blackberry) while the site clearly talks about blackberry (Skype Coming to BlackBerry Smartphones in May - About Skype).

Lots of users talk about the skype announcement of May but no one knows what the actual plan is. Even rumours about skype can be found which isn't very good.

With kind regards,

Skypes reply: .................Nothing
    08-05-09 03:06 PM
    It's ridiculous that Skype hasn't managed to put out a reasonable application yet. I have used iSkoot in the past, but honestly, the call quality is bad so I stopped.

Wouldn't you think that this is the next logical platform for Skype? That it would grow their business tremendously?
    08-05-09 03:10 PM
    I'm really surprised it still not of for blackberry handsets. I tried the beta download which i found i link on here but it doesnt seem to work, i cant even log in. Skype.. pull your finger out
    08-05-09 03:55 PM
    Does anyone know if BB's Skype implementation is going to be true WiFi -> WiFi Voip or like other solutions for other handsets do you need to dial a landline number first ?

Thanks

Ash.
    08-06-09 05:30 PM
    Does anyone know if BB's Skype implementation is going to be true WiFi -> WiFi Voip or like other solutions for other handsets do you need to dial a landline number first ?

Thanks

Ash.
    Well I'm afraid there WON'T be a skype for BB. I lost my confidence in Skype. They still have the release in May on their website!! maybe May of 2033. No skype for me anymore.
    08-06-09 05:37 PM
34 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD