Has anyone had any luck running the sirius radio app on the 9330?
    11-19-10 08:58 PM
    Nope, it still doesn't work on my 9330.
    And I don't understand how it can work on a 8520/8530 yet it can't work on a 9300/9330 when it's essentially the same phone.

Must be in something the BB SDK where each model has to be "approved" by the developer.
    11-20-10 01:59 AM
    hey ladder and bb david.....i tried for 3 days already to try and dl the sirius app. i have uninstalled and reinstalled i even went as far as trying all the blackberry links on there site and same ****. i keep getting the sevice is temp unavail and other error messages.sirius has no answers there so called tech support is outsourced and they read a flow chart and if u ask a question that really stumps em wow they hang up on you. well enuff about me rambling has anyone figured out how to get the app to work or an eta or a phone number to the developers? its greatly appreciated thanks in advance, joey
    01-05-11 11:04 PM
    I am trying also to dl this app for my 9330 and nothing. I tried every link for blackberry. Sirius tech is useless, just like you said, "outsourced." So annoying! Does anyone out there know of way to listen to Sirius on 9330?????????? I am wasting time not listening to Stern while I work in my office Plz HELP
    01-10-11 11:06 AM
    Check out Yourmuze.FM brings web radio to your mobile phone | Yourmuze.FM

There may be 100 reasons for you to do so.......
    01-10-11 12:25 PM
    Does this app use lots of data? How much say for a 1 hour session?
    01-10-11 02:28 PM
    Yourmuze.fm IS NO GOOD DO NOT WSTE YOUR TIME IF YOU ARE TRYNG TO GET SIRIUS
    01-27-11 01:57 PM
    It's July 2011 and none of the new BlackBerrys are compatible with the SiriusXM app. And it's not an OS 6 issue as the Bold 9650 w/ OS 6 works just fine.

It's disappointing that none of latest models do not work... from the Torch, Bold 9780, Style, Curve 9300/9330. it seems they have abandoned complete support and I can bet the upcoming Bold 9900 / 9930 and QNX devices will never get it either.
    07-19-11 05:55 AM
    Well, I am replying to this one because it is the newest one, but I am finally listening to my sirius internet account in my blackberry 9300 with B-mobile carrier (trinidad and tobago).
    I also asked my wife to test it on her Blackberry 9800 with Telcel carrier (Mexico) and she was able to listen the station.

This is what I did: I downloaded the SiriusXMStreamer 1.9.11.0 on my PC (Windows XP) and used my sirius login credentials to start streaming. Open the HITS 1 channel to play that channel.

on the configuration tab, the options selected were Default protocol MMS and Default Format ASX

After that I open a free account on yourmuze.fm and after registering I the create a station by "add station" (streaming options left as by default).

Then I went back to the tab "sirius channels", click right mouse button and copied the url by using the channel url as Direct Stream (single use) under the option of mms.

then just copied that url onto yourmuze on the url box of the new station option, gave a quick test for the url, after that just named it and click "submit" with the option add to "my stations" by checked.

after that I opened m.yourmuze.fm on the blackberry browser and logged into my account, clicked on my stations and the station I just created appeared, clicked on it and I am currently enjoying my sirius music on my Curve 9300 3G type even though is on EDGE mode.

As I said at the same time my wife tested it with her blackberry in Mexico (I am in Trinidad) and worked OK.

Still has bugs because every now and then the signal drops and I had to create a new channel but in general is better than having no app to run my sirius.

So I hope you guys can do the same.

Saludos!!!
    12-17-11 07:40 PM
    Anyone know if the 9930 will ever be able to download the Sirius/XM app?

This is ridiculous!!!
    01-24-12 12:45 PM
    Apparently, Sirius servers have a list of compatible BB devices. They never added any new devices since OS5, so all the new devices don't work. Some devices that originally came out with OS5 (9650) that were upgradeable to BB6 have it working, since the device model number was in their system already.

The app would probably work on newer devices, but SiriusXM (or whoever develops the app for them) has (so far) had no interest in adding new devices.
    01-24-12 04:15 PM
    I haven't had any luck with my 9790 either. I got the 9700 version installed but kept getting an error.
    01-24-12 04:28 PM
    As mentioned in other threads, unfortunately the active user base is significantly skewed towards the iPhone and Android platforms, hence, the focus and development investment is targeted to these operating systems. I can tell you there are no immediate plans for new Blackberry development. It's all a matter of where the user base is.

Being a BlackBerry user myself, I find it frustrating. However there are several solutions floating around such as using Orb, or side-loading the Android application on the PlayBook.

@Xopher: It goes a bit deeper than that. BlackBerry development is significantly more difficult than iPhone or Android, specifically with a handful of different models out in the field with different resolutions, specs and other operating variables; maintaining several different applications for just one platform is time consuming and expensive.
    02-12-12 04:44 PM
    Anyone know if the 9930 will ever be able to download the Sirius/XM app?

This is ridiculous!!!
    9900 and 9930: No. BB10: Yes.
    03-23-12 10:27 PM
    @Xopher: It goes a bit deeper than that. BlackBerry development is significantly more difficult than iPhone or Android, specifically with a handful of different models out in the field with different resolutions, specs and other operating variables.
    Maybe the security features in BBOS make it more difficult for developers who want to grab your personal information without telling you. Is all that security stuff going to go poof with BB 10?
    03-24-12 06:55 PM
    The old app works on a 9650 fine running 6.1.
    01-03-13 05:42 PM
    They do not support the 9900 or the 9930 as has been said already. Maybe BB10 but no plans now. I call all the time to ask and get the same answer. Google play store or Apple Store has the apps.
    01-03-13 08:35 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD