Just as the title says Sirius XM iPhone app is now live and for a blackberry users why is sirius leaving us out huh! I have there service so why can't make what most smart phone
    users have which is a blackberry. So cmon people let's see some amen for a sirius app for blackberry!!!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-18-09 12:39 AM
    +1 for that!
    06-18-09 02:56 AM
    Doesn't bother me any. That's why I have free internet radio via slacker and Iheartradio.

06-18-09 05:04 AM
    +1 as well. As good as slacker, pandora, and Iheart are.....I still love my Sirius!
    06-18-09 06:38 AM
    Was quite pissed when I heard this today.

Let's go BB !!
    06-18-09 06:43 AM
    Dont get too pissed off. I just read that they released it and blocked Howard 100 and 101.

I wish I could be a fly on the wall in the Sirius executive offices... Would love to hear the reason why they released it just for the Iphone and no Howard. Dont they know he is the only reason why Sirius is still in business?
    06-18-09 08:04 AM
    I just read that too, useless if its not w/Howard. Now i dont feel bad that there isnt a storm version yet.
    06-18-09 08:15 AM
    one word ---> ORB
    06-18-09 08:15 AM
    I just read that too, useless if its not w/Howard. Now i dont feel bad that there isnt a storm version yet.
    Me too. WTH??? I would not render the app useless but very annoying. I'd like to know what the explanation is (vulgarity I assume? psssh)

As for no BB app. Let's go Sirius....I'd rather use you than Pandora.
    06-18-09 08:18 AM
    I would think that having this app would eat up the battery and maybe even memory pretty good, thoughts?
    I am interested in getting this as well as long as there are no major downsides
    06-18-09 08:20 AM
    Dont get too pissed off. I just read that they released it and blocked Howard 100 and 101.

I wish I could be a fly on the wall in the Sirius executive offices... Would love to hear the reason why they released it just for the Iphone and no Howard. Dont they know he is the only reason why Sirius is still in business?
    I personally can't stand howard... I listen to Opie and Anthony, Ron and Fez, and the Jason Ellis Show.

IMO... Howard is a waste of oxygen..

Red Dragons
    06-18-09 08:30 AM
    Doesn't bother me any. That's why I have free internet radio via slacker and Iheartradio.

Just curious if you have Sirius? Most Sirius subscribers (me included) would much rather have the one-stop shop with a Sirius app. The apps you listed are great....they're just not a good substitute if your used to listening Sirius directly on a daily basis.
    06-18-09 08:31 AM
    I would think that having this app would eat up the battery and maybe even memory pretty good, thoughts?
    I am interested in getting this as well as long as there are no major downsides
    No different than running Pandora, I Heart Radio, or Slacker. They are all streaming music.
    06-18-09 08:39 AM
    Just curious if you have Sirius? Most Sirius subscribers (me included) would much rather have the one-stop shop with a Sirius app. The apps you listed are great....they're just not a good substitute if your used to listening Sirius directly on a daily basis.
    It's not just sirius, it's sirius XM. I am an XM subscriber and would also love to see an app for this. Orb is nice but I would rather have a direct app for listening to my XM. I sent Sirius XM a nasty gram so we shall see what their answer is.
    06-18-09 08:41 AM
    I personally can't stand howard... I listen to Opie and Anthony, Ron and Fez, and the Jason Ellis Show.

Red Dragons
    I agree with all of that. It's like when they ran that promo for "the best of Sirius" on 202, giving subscribers a free week of that Howard junk.

Don't forget the love for Special Delivery though man!
    06-18-09 09:01 AM

Red Dragons
    +1 on that. O&A constantly get screwed over by Sirius XM. Of course what do you exppect considering Mel and Howard are secret gay lovers.
    06-18-09 09:04 AM
    I got that email from Sirius this morning and I was so irritated because it was not for the Storm. We have to jump through hoops to get Sirius on our Storms using orb.com, etc. Hopefully in the near future we will get an official app for the Storm.
    06-18-09 09:06 AM
    There has to be some super skilled Storm user who can rework the iphone app to work on the Storm. Right?
    06-18-09 09:19 AM

Red Dragons

lmao you hate howard but like these homos ..if you cant listen to stern than its a waste of time
    06-18-09 09:26 AM
    I agree with all of that. It's like when they ran that promo for "the best of Sirius" on 202, giving subscribers a free week of that Howard junk.

Don't forget the love for Special Delivery though man!
    Can't say that I agree with the opinions on Stern, but everyone is entitled to their opinion. I think what your missing is that none of the jocks mentioned above would even exist without the King of all Media paving the way for them. He's a radio visionary and genius and will go down as the greatest radio broadcaster of all time on terrestrial and satellite radio.

What people and Sirius Xm fail to realize is that Stern is not in the business of Satellite Radio, Sirius XM is in the business of Stern. They had ~600k subscribers when he signed on and had approx ~15 million before the merger and he is the sole reason. Once Howard leaves, which I hope is never they will go belly up in a heartbeat. In a very recent survey, 60% of subscribers listen solely to Stern. I am one of them.

As for blocking 100/101, that is ridiculous. The app is pointless without all the talk radio. If smart phone users want music, they will use Pandora, Slacker, etc...
    06-18-09 09:42 AM
    Orb+Usirius= streaming satellite radio until we get our own app.

Another Jason Ellis fan here!

06-18-09 09:59 AM
    Can't say that I agree with the opinions on Stern, but everyone is entitled to their opinion. I think what your missing is that none of the jocks mentioned above would even exist without the King of all Media paving the way for them. He's a radio visionary and genius and will go down as the greatest radio broadcaster of all time on terrestrial and satellite radio.

What people and Sirius Xm fail to realize is that Stern is not in the business of Satellite Radio, Sirius XM is in the business of Stern. They had ~600k subscribers when he signed on and had approx ~15 million before the merger and he is the sole reason. Once Howard leaves, which I hope is never they will go belly up in a heartbeat. In a very recent survey, 60% of subscribers listen solely to Stern. I am one of them.

As for blocking 100/101, that is ridiculous. The app is pointless without all the talk radio. If smart phone users want music, they will use Pandora, Slacker, etc...
    Wow Howard, is that you? Right there? Am I talking to Howard Stern right now?
    06-18-09 10:21 AM

Bravo...

Thank you for saving me the energy of writing that myself.

And Baba Booey to you all...
    06-18-09 10:30 AM
    Anybody feel like making a partition and sending it to sirius or something lol

06-18-09 10:45 AM
    No howard stations, no point for the app.
    06-18-09 10:51 AM
57 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD