Hello,

With the Sirius XM app released a few months ago for the iPhone, does anyone know if a better version will be released for Blackberrys?

I haven't heard good things about the iPhone version because it doesn't include Howard Stern or broadcast any live sporting events. It wouldn't make sense to pay $2.99 per month for their radio stations when there are so many free radio apps out there.

Is something in the works to make the app worth buying if it does become available for Blackberrys?

Thanks
    08-19-09 12:45 PM
    According to a inside IT person there, there is an application currently being developed. Why it is taking so long....who knows.

But, here's how the app works on the iPhone level since there was some initial confusion there.

1. The application download itself is free.

2. If you are NOT a Sirius XM subscriber, there is a one-week free trial option. If you elect to continue after the one week, it will be $12.95/month (+ royalties).

3. If you ARE a Sirius XM subscriber and do NOT subscribe to the premium internet feed (additional $2.99/month), you must get the premium internet feed at the $2.99/month rate.

4. If you ARE a Sirius XM subscriber and DO subscribe to the premium internet, there will be no additional cost incurred. You just log-in with your information and listen.

Random notes: No Howard Stern (yet) due to 'rights issues', no live gameday audio for any of the professional sports

Hopefully this helps lay everything out.
    08-19-09 01:35 PM
    Any updates on the Sirius XM app for Blackberry yet? I still don't understand how Apple got one before Blackberry since there are so many more blackberries out there than Iphones. I digress and I guess I'll just keep waiting.

And no, I don't want to hear about the crappy XM app for blackberry that costs $8/month for 20 channels so don't bother commenting on that please.
    10-14-09 12:21 PM
    Any updates on the Sirius XM app for Blackberry yet? I still don't understand how Apple got one before Blackberry since there are so many more blackberries out there than Iphones. I digress and I guess I'll just keep waiting.

And no, I don't want to hear about the crappy XM app for blackberry that costs $8/month for 20 channels so don't bother commenting on that please.
    I called sirius about this issue a week ago and was told the reason there's an app for the iphone is because its the most popular phone out. I was also told that there is an app for blackberry and its in testing right now but the guy gave me some crazy window for release. Around christmas time all the way into the first quarter of next year is what I was told.... Oh well... Orb it is!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-14-09 12:36 PM
    Like I have said before the Sirius/XM App will be out just in time for Howard to retire.

Anyhow, I can still hear Howard 101 on Flycast for free!
    10-14-09 01:32 PM
    Like I have said before the Sirius/XM App will be out just in time for Howard to retire.

Anyhow, I can still hear Howard 101 on Flycast for free!
    The last year or so, he sounds like he pretty much is retired.

For the record, the XM app for blackberrys has been around for a long time.
    link

Sirius just hasn't gotten their act together now that they have purchased/merged with XM to update it. Instead they want to release something new.
    10-14-09 02:29 PM
    Ok, I just got this email from a Sirius rep. There is not a Sirius XM app in development for Blackberry. ONCE AGAIN, I don't want to hear about that crappy third-party app that is currently out for XM. It stinks and costs $8/month. I refuse to pay that for something that should be free for current Sirius customers. Looks like we're screwed again.

Thank you for contacting SIRIUS!

We do appreciate you have taken time contacting us. We are glad to help!

Thank you for your suggestion, we will be forwarding your message to the appropriate department for consideration. As of this moment we don't have further information about Sirius agreement with Blackberry regarding having Sirius Application. We will definitely get back at you as soon as we have further information about this matter. Again, thank you so much for your suggestion!

We hope you are enjoying SIRIUS? 100% commercial-free music and entertainment programming. We are committed to providing you with the best in customer care. For your convenience, SIRIUS Customer Care is available 7 days a week at:

SIRIUS Customer Care: 1-888-539-7474

As well as by e-mail at:

SIRIUS Satellite Radio - Customer Care

And you can always manage your account 24/7 by visiting our website at:

SIRIUS Satellite Radio - Everything worth listening to is now on SIRIUS

Sincerely,

Emily B
    SIRIUS Customer Care
    10-15-09 09:26 AM
    were do i find flycast at would love to hear howard some place else beside my car thank you
    10-15-09 06:04 PM
    BB App World. You have to search for it.
    10-15-09 06:44 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD