i am looking for a simple task management program for the tour i see most are using todomatrix. i tried it and its to complicated and busy i am looking for a simple one that will sync with outlook or even a mac i have entourage and mac has its programs but dont think mac will be easy to find. anysuggestions would help.
    12-31-09 01:06 PM
    What is wrong with the built-in tasks app? It does everything you ask for. On Mac, it syncs with iCal which in turn will sync with Entourage if you set it up.
    12-31-09 01:19 PM
    Wow does it sync with ical wireless or you have to sync manual. also with the native task have you been able to get the task to work with alarm/reminder function.
    12-31-09 01:23 PM
    Wow does it sync with ical wireless or you have to sync manual. also with the native task have you been able to get the task to work with alarm/reminder function.
    There is no wireless sync AFAIK unless you are on BES with Exchange and use that with Entourage. If you mean Bluetooth, BBM for Mac does not have it, but Missing Sync (third party sync tool) has it. But Missing Sync has its own issues; I switched to BBM from Missing Sync just to keep things simple and to install OS updates.

The alarm stuff works fine, I think, but I haven't been using it as I switched to Remember The Milk. RTM is a great tool on the web and it DOES do wireless tasks sync on the Blackberry using the native the Tasks app (if you upgrade to their "pro" account, worth the small amount of money to me). But that is probably more than what you need.
    12-31-09 01:38 PM
    There is no wireless sync AFAIK unless you are on BES with Exchange and use that with Entourage. If you mean Bluetooth, BBM for Mac does not have it, but Missing Sync (third party sync tool) has it. But Missing Sync has its own issues; I switched to BBM from Missing Sync just to keep things simple and to install OS updates.

The alarm stuff works fine, I think, but I haven't been using it as I switched to Remember The Milk. RTM is a great tool on the web and it DOES do wireless tasks sync on the Blackberry using the native the Tasks app (if you upgrade to their "pro" account, worth the small amount of money to me). But that is probably more than what you need.
    hi i have a bes server but the task's do not sync with entorage wireless. My office has both bes and exchange servers we are very advanced tech wise. the built in task manager for some reason does not work with reminders or alarms on the BB. also money is not an issue. thanks for your help
    12-31-09 06:37 PM
    hi i have a bes server but the task's do not sync with entorage wireless. My office has both bes and exchange servers we are very advanced tech wise. the built in task manager for some reason does not work with reminders or alarms on the BB. also money is not an issue. thanks for your help
    Ah, I haven't used Entourage in a while but I remember now that tasks do not sync between Entourage and Exchange. So that is a failing of Entourage and you are SOL on that front; BES will not do it. If you can live with your tasks not being in Entourage/Exchange/Outlook, look into Remember the Milk for OTA task syncing, it is really nice. Otherwise, you can sync manually with your computer and tasks will sync with iCal and Entourage.

Alarms and reminders ought to work for tasks set up on your device. Maybe you should start another thread about that with more details about what you are trying to do.
    01-02-10 03:23 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD