Heres a zip of a few I made. Most are transparent because I use the plain icon option. I hover over it to get my status. This zip has 13 icons
    THANKS! I just changed mine to #12, and it works pretty well. A little large for the Notification area icon, so I am using the default for that, but it works very well for the home screen icon.
    07-12-10 01:49 PM
    THANKS! I just changed mine to #12, and it works pretty well. A little large for the Notification area icon, so I am using the default for that, but it works very well for the home screen icon.
    Good deal! I'm glad it worked for ya I'm still looking for more icons to try out. I have enough so far that I can change them to match my themes. I'm a little OCD when it comes to a perfect looking homescreen.
    07-12-10 01:56 PM
    Is there a way to make the app so that the normal icon and the status indicator icon are both selectable instead of using the same one?
    Two different custom icons? Right now you can select a custom icon for the app icon and leave the status indicator as the default, or else have both be the custom icon. I could add ability to select two different ones; it would add a few K to the size of the app and consume a few K more of flash and RAM.

More can be done also such as having different icons selectable depending on the status, or just have them change sometimes for variety, it's just a matter of deciding where to stop adding size to the app for extra functionality. Such things would take extra power and CPU time, also.
    07-12-10 06:37 PM
    Yes having both icons to be selectable I think would allow you to use a 73x73 icon for the program icon and then a much smaller one for the indicator icon at the top of the screen.

If i use a 73x73 icon then the indicator icon gets distorted from being shrunk too much, and if i use a small icon the indicator icon looks great but the programs icon looks all distorted from being blown up too much. Just my observations.
    07-12-10 07:26 PM
    I see.

OK, I will try to add that ASAP.

Also, would anyone be interested in an added facility to set the multi-click to launch your favorite memory app instead of the built-in recovery? In that case the icon could be used in place of the regular icon for memory apps that do not have dynamic icons, freeing up a homescreen slot because you could then hide the other app's static icon.

Maybe there could be a way to upload your custom icons to my server and then you could browse the custom icons others have uploaded, all within the app. Not sure if that's worth the time but maybe.
    This isn't an app I personally plan to buy, but despite that I think adding memory cleaning multi click would be awesome.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-12-10 08:12 PM
    I'm sorry, I've been posting this in the wrong thread... this belongs in the Memcon thread. That's what happens when you're reading and writing in a few threads at once.
    Last edited by LSphone; 07-12-10 at 08:30 PM.
    07-12-10 08:28 PM
    Are we talking about the same application?
    07-12-10 08:36 PM
    I got crossed up talking about custom icons which work the same way in both Sigcon and Memcon, and forgot which thread I was writing in.
    07-12-10 08:41 PM
    Ah - then I don't have to worry about the thread suddenly not making sense. I thought I had missed something there for a minute.
    07-12-10 08:42 PM
    Unless you WANT to double-click the Sigcon for memory recovery . Wish I could make that do something better like boost your signal strength not your memory.
    07-12-10 09:24 PM
    I'm not sure if I found a bug or not, but I noticed after I open the app settings or just even if my phone hasn't been rebooted for a few days, that when I hold the bb key to use the app switcher the phone icon sometimes changes to the sigcon icon. When I hover over the phone icon it will show the sigcon app status just like I'm hovering over the program icon. If I click on the phone icon my recent call list opens as normal. I don't know if this is something that can be addressed in the next release or not.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    07-14-10 11:16 PM
    I'm not sure if I found a bug or not, but I noticed after I open the app settings or just even if my phone hasn't been rebooted for a few days, that when I hold the bb key to use the app switcher the phone icon sometimes changes to the sigcon icon.
    I have not noticed this... I don't think this was intentional...
    When I hover over the phone icon it will show the sigcon app status just like I'm hovering over the program icon. If I click on the phone icon my recent call list opens as normal. I don't know if this is something that can be addressed in the next release or not.
    Ha Ha. But I have noticed this! Silly me. And I thought this was a feature of the app, but some view it as a bug. I was thinking that because we all know what the phone icon means, that this was replaced by more useful info. I now wonder if this was intentional or not.

EDIT: I now believe that it may actually be a bug due to the fact (as you stated) it is not consistent. It appears to happen after the device has been running for a while, but not directly after a battery pull. At least for me, it starts by stating "Phone" but after a while the signal status starts showing.
    LOL.
    Brad
    Last edited by MADBRADNYC; 07-14-10 at 11:39 PM. Reason: Edit for clarification.
    07-14-10 11:34 PM
    It wasn't intentional. Don't even see how it could do that... haven't seen that on my Storm. Will look into it. Don't know why it's happening but think I know how to prevent it from happening.

Thanks for the report
    07-15-10 02:26 AM
    It wasn't intentional. Don't even see how it could do that... haven't seen that on my Storm. Will look into it. Don't know why it's happening but think I know how to prevent it from happening.

Thanks for the report
    No problem! Nothing is perfect I guess so if you come up with a fix, that would be cool. Just figured I would see if anyone else was havin the same issue. Lovin the app though and great work!
    07-15-10 07:08 AM
    +1. Same here.

He He He. It actually didn't bother me because as I stated before, I thought it was a feature. What bothered me was that it was not consistent. So funny... ROTFLMAO...

I'm sure it will be worked out.
    07-15-10 07:31 AM
    Think I might have it figured out. Does it look normal after your daily battery pull, then change after you disconnect from a call?

And does it only happen with Sigcon, or are you seeing the Memcon icon pop up there sometimes also?

Thank you

P.S. This 'accident' just gave me an idea for another app...
    07-15-10 08:08 PM
    Think I might have it figured out. Does it look normal after your daily battery pull, then change after you disconnect from a call?

And does it only happen with Sigcon, or are you seeing the Memcon icon pop up there sometimes also?

Thank you

I never noticed this "feature" before, but sure enough after receiving several phone calls today pressing the BB/menu button does bring up the Sigcon icon instead of the phone icon. Everything went back to normal after a BP/reboot.

I don't have Memcon so I can't answer your question about that icon.

Neat little trick!
    07-15-10 08:21 PM

Thank you

I think you hit the nail on the head! It seems that the signal status does start to show after calls. Even just a call to voicemail when I just checked. It is "repaired" after a battery pull/restart though. I don't have the phone icon change to the Sigcon icon though. It remains as the phone icon just with signal status text.

I as well don't have Memcon, so I can't comment on that.

Any new app idea that you have would surely be very nice though.

Brad.
    07-15-10 08:29 PM
    OK, in that case I know what is happening and it's trivial to fix.

Since I now have to update Sigcon, might as well upgrade it as well as fixing it, so a separate custom icon will be selectable for the status-area indicator. If there's anything else that needs changin' now would be the time to pipe up...

thanks...
    07-15-10 08:45 PM

Since I now have to update Sigcon, might as well upgrade it as well as fixing it, so a separate custom icon will be selectable for the status-area indicator. If there's anything else that needs changin' now would be the time to pipe up...

thanks...
    Thank you! I was hoping for the seperate selectable icon for the status indicator I'll be waiting for the upgrade!
    07-15-10 08:51 PM
    Actually, as I stated before, I liked the signal status text under the phone icon. It was more informative than just stating "Phone". But I can see where users had their phone icon replaced by the Sigcon icon where a fix would be warranted.
    I am interpreting this as meaning it would be a user customizable choice to have the Sigcon icon there, correct? I don't need another icon in my app switcher ribbon to clutter up things. Especially if the app icon already has a place on my home screen. Just my own preference.

Great (detective) work as usual.
    07-15-10 08:56 PM
    Just meant that whereas right now you can specify only a single custom icon that replaces the app icon and optionally also the notifications icon, in the update you'll be able to specify a separate custom icon for each (i.e. a 73x73 version for the app icon, and a 24x24 version for the notifications icon). I tried to do a decent job with the scaling but it's of course better if it's a 24x24 icon to begin with. The phone may also scale that down more, so with double scaling (me scaling the 73x73 to 24x24, then the phone scaling it again), I can see how on some devices it would not look so good. Now you will be able to play with the icon size to see what works best; I'll scale your custom notifications icon to 24x24 if it was larger, but will leave it alone if it was smaller, so if you make it just the right size for your phone, it shouldn't be marred at all by scaling.
    OK. Sorry. My bad. I thought you were referring to an icon being placed in the app switcher, rather than the notifications area. The option for a second resizable icon there is a good idea.
    The text changing for the Phone app could be an option. Actually that was the idea for another app, something that changes the Phone icon to sum up your previous call such as how long you talked, highest and lowest signal experienced during the call, how much battery you used during the call, or anything else useful such as any stock opportunities you missed out on while talking to someone about that football game... well, maybe that last would be too much to do.
    I really like this idea! Maybe some text that changes to each of the data status' that you mention at customer defined intervals. Sort of how MeterBerry chnages selected views. Kick A$$! Just keeping the phone icon itself of course.
    Maybe that should now just be incorporated into Sigcon rather than making it another app. What do you all think?
    Yes!!! Update Sigcon!
    07-15-10 09:27 PM
    Just meant that whereas right now you can specify only a single custom icon that replaces the app icon and optionally also the notifications icon, in the update you'll be able to specify a separate custom icon for each (i.e. a 73x73 version for the app icon, and a 24x24 version for the notifications icon). I tried to do a decent job with the scaling but it's of course better if it's a 24x24 icon to begin with. The phone may also scale that down more, so with double scaling (me scaling the 73x73 to 24x24, then the phone scaling it again), I can see how on some devices it would not look so good. Now you will be able to play with the icon size to see what works best; I'll scale your custom notifications icon to 24x24 if it was larger, but will leave it alone if it was smaller, so if you make it just the right size for your phone, it shouldn't be marred at all by scaling.

The text changing for the Phone app could be an option. Actually that was the idea for another app, something that changes the Phone icon to sum up your previous call such as how long you talked, highest and lowest signal experienced during the call, how much battery you used during the call, or anything else useful such as any stock opportunities you missed out on while talking to someone about that football game... well, maybe that last would be too much to do.

Maybe that should now just be incorporated into Sigcon rather than making it another app. What do you all think?
    Sounds great to me! The more options the better. Not everyone will use every option anyway, but if its there and gives users the option to customize then the app would appeal to a bigger crowd. Assuming also that it doesnt make the size of the app huge. I run a bold 9650 anyway so the app size isnt such a huge deal but the apps still add up! Thanks again for all of your effort and time you put into this app! I'm looking forward to the update
    07-15-10 10:05 PM
    Just posting to see how the progress is going toward the update?
    07-17-10 11:43 AM
    No rush man, no rush Just figured i'd ask how the progress was goin!
    07-17-10 03:09 PM
90 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD