Hello Guys,

Creator of Show Me the Images and the newly released Photo Quest here. I am having an issue confirming that Show Me works with the Torch. I've only confirmed partial compatibility with a few users but I want to make sure the application is about perfect.

If you are not sure what it is, please read here:

http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=434725

and here:

http://software.crackberry.com/product.asp?id=53944

Go from left to right (below) automatically (this was an e-mail on one of my devices!):

I need a few beta testers to help out with this. If you had the application for your old device then all the better since you know how it works. If you've never heard of or had the application before then even better for you since you'll experience it first-hand!

Let me know by replying. Thanks!
    09-02-10 12:56 AM
    I am a current user of Show Me The Images on my Torch and the app is working perfectly. I would be willing to test a beta version but not sure if you need it as this app seems to be just fine as is.
    Last edited by tellsells; 09-02-10 at 08:59 AM.
    09-02-10 06:56 AM
    I would test this out for you, I hate the fact that I cannot see images in my emails on my Torch.
    09-02-10 08:22 AM
    As a bumbling blackberry user trying to shine the Torch into the nooks and crannies of communications, I would also like to see images automatically in email without having to "Get Image".
    09-02-10 09:14 AM
    Please, I need this app again. I had it on my 9700 and when I switched, I sent an email asking if there was any way to get it on my 9800 and they said no. I would love to test this app out on my Torch.
    09-02-10 10:29 AM
    As mentioned, Show me The Images version 1.2.2 (for OS 5.0) works on my Torch!
    09-02-10 10:43 AM
    As mentioned, Show me The Images version 1.2.2 (for OS 5.0) works on my Torch!
    How did you get it to work? I tried to restore it from my App World and it gave me an error saying "Show me the mages is not available for download from Blackberry App World".
    09-02-10 11:11 AM
    I would love to know how you got the old version on your Torch as well. I made purchase from Mobihand and it will not show up on my purchased list so I can download it over the air.

As to the original post, I am torn, on the one hand I miss the application and would like it back ASAP but on the other hand, I don't have any real time to beta test. Also, my Torch is so stable and fast right now as to almost be supernatural, I don't want to mess with that.

I do have a question, is there a way to import my safelist from the old phone to the new?

Thanks.
    09-02-10 11:53 AM
    How did you get it to work? I tried to restore it from my App World and it gave me an error saying "Show me the mages is not available for download from Blackberry App World".
    Didn't buy it from AppWorld; got it from Mobihand.(Updated my account with new pin # and downloaded the app.)

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by tellsells; 09-02-10 at 11:56 AM.
    09-02-10 11:54 AM
    I cannot find that I purchased it on the site.
    09-02-10 12:29 PM
    I'd like to be on the list. I had it on my 9000 (still do and love it). Can't see a compatibble upgrade on mobihand.

Thanks!

09-02-10 12:55 PM
    I cannot find that I purchased it on the site.
    He must of slipped in because I can not find it on the Mobihand site on my Torch generally or in my purchased apps list. The site is supposed to filter out the programs that are not compatible with your device and, at the moment, it is listed as not compatible with the Torch.

At least, we know an update is in the works.
    09-02-10 12:59 PM
    Here it is on my Torch. (It is the 5.0 version that I previously purchased for my Bold). I updated my Mobihand account with my new pin # and downloaded the app when I got my Torch two weeks ago. When logging into my Mobi account, ShowMeTheImages has a red X next to it (meaning not compatible for the Torch) but I can assure you that it works perfectly :

Last edited by tellsells; 09-02-10 at 02:54 PM.
    09-02-10 02:14 PM
    i'd like to be on the list too!!! thank U!!
    09-02-10 07:19 PM
    I'd love to beta it for you. I get a ton of emails with no images displayed...

Thanks!
    Brian
    Pin 22c63838
    09-02-10 07:37 PM
    Add me to the list to beta it. PIN is 22D30623
    09-02-10 07:45 PM
    Sorry guys but I did not get notification that there were replies.

tellsells, I'm glad that it is working for you. I just need a few more people to confirm it before I release it as compatible to make sure it is 100%.

The issue that someone had was that their confirmation to download images still prompts but that could be a one-off thing.

Will update you guys later today.
    09-07-10 09:19 AM
    Sorry guys but I did not get notification that there were replies.

tellsells, I'm glad that it is working for you. I just need a few more people to confirm it before I release it as compatible to make sure it is 100%.

The issue that someone had was that their confirmation to download images still prompts but that could be a one-off thing.

Will update you guys later today.
    Actually had to re-download the app yesterday, as I updated my OS to .214 and ShowMeTheImages somehow got corrupted. I deleted it and then reloaded from my Mobihand account and it is working fine! (The "confirmation to download" pops up for a half a second when receiving an e-mail with images, but all goes fine.)
    09-07-10 09:56 AM
    Does it pop up on every single email or just the first? It should automatically check the "do not prompt" checkbox.

09-07-10 10:02 AM
    Does it pop up on every single email or just the first? It should automatically check the "do not prompt" checkbox.

It just pops up for less than half a second on all e-mails with images. I do not do anything, as it goes away and the images appear.
    Last edited by tellsells; 09-07-10 at 10:20 AM.
    09-07-10 10:11 AM
    Try this:

Go into your e-mail options and for each account, make sure that the following is set:

* Download Images Automatically: YES
    * Confirm External Image Download: NO

Then when you receive a new e-mail, let me know if you receive that popup.
    09-07-10 10:21 AM
    Try this:

Go into your e-mail options and for each account, make sure that the following is set:

* Download Images Automatically: YES
    * Confirm External Image Download: NO

Then when you receive a new e-mail, let me know if you receive that popup.
    I just unchecked "confirm external image download" and all now works without the prompt!
    09-07-10 10:36 AM
    I just unchecked "confirm external image download" and all now works without the prompt!
    Ok based on your experience, do you feel that was a simple workaround?

I believe that is the only thing holding it back from release.

OS 5.0 would auto-confirm the prompt and never show it again. Since I do not have an OS 6 berry in my possession, I can't figure out the difference yet. The nature of the actual dialog may have changed a bit.
    09-07-10 10:39 AM
    Ok based on your experience, do you feel that was a simple workaround?

I believe that is the only thing holding it back from release.

OS 5.0 would auto-confirm the prompt and never show it again. Since I do not have an OS 6 berry in my possession, I can't figure out the difference yet. The nature of the actual dialog may have changed a bit.
    It's an extremely simple work-around and, if you didn't mention it to me, I was perfectly happy the way it was before I inchecked it.
    But now the app works exactly as it did on OS 5.0!!!!!
    09-07-10 10:43 AM
    1) I un-install it;

2) then I have sent myself an email (with images), open it, select "get images" and on the prompt check "dont show it again";

3) i re-install it;

4) now works without showing the prompt
    09-07-10 10:51 AM
77 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD