I have been hearing about Quicklaunch and ShortcutMe. Which both sound like good products. However, I have not seen any reviews for ShortcutMe (I have for Quicklaunch) nor have I seen any beta test for the 8900. Can someone provide feedback. I'm trying to figure out which would be the best for me!

Thanks Everyone!
    05-04-09 01:50 PM
    QuickLaunch hands down! It's faster, easier to setup, doesn't run in the background eating away your battery like shortcutme, is constantly updated and looks cooler!
    05-04-09 06:21 PM
    Thanks for the feedback. I will be reading the user manual to see what all it can do!!
    05-04-09 07:57 PM
    I have been hearing about Quicklaunch and ShortcutMe. Which both sound like good products. However, I have not seen any reviews for ShortcutMe (I have for Quicklaunch) nor have I seen any beta test for the 8900. Can someone provide feedback. I'm trying to figure out which would be the best for me!

Thanks Everyone!
    Comparing the two:

Running in Background: (No winner)

None of the two, ShortcutMe or QuickLaunch, runs in the background after launching your apps. (The new ShortcutMe V3.0.0.4 does not run in background)

Time to launch your application: (Winner: ShortcutMe)

Multiple convenience key clicks on ShortcutMe launches 6 of your applications in no time. QuickLaunch doesn�t have this feature at all.

Time to launch your application: (Winner: ShortcutMe)
    In ShortcutMe, you can entirely rely on your shortcuts to launch your apps (i.e. ConvKey+A+B to launch address book. Depending on your typing skills, it could be so fast you can�t even remember it was ShortcutMe who has launched it for you).
    QuickLaunch does not have this feature. You always need searching/browsing/clicking with trackball (very slow comparing to typing one or two keys). If you happen to have many items on your app list, QuickLaunch becomes another Home Screen where you have to browse to find what you search for.
    You can also browse on ShortcutMe like quicklaunch. I don't use that feature as I am a typing addict.

Saving your settings: (Winner: ShortcutMe)

ShortcutMe can save your settings on SD card. You can then modify settings on PC and load it into ShortcutMe. QuickLaunch does not have it.

Peace of mind for Future: (Winner: ShortcutMe)
    QuickLaunch uses a UI that might not run on your blackberry if you upgrade your BlackBerry OS. It is based on overlaying itself on other panels. It is risky. Check other threads where people complaining that QuickLaunch is not running correctly after they have upgraded their BlackBerry OS.
    ShortcutMe has its own UI. It is not depending on risky (and changing) overlaying feature of Blackberry and therefore it is less prone to fail on new Blackberry OS in future.

Convenience key occupation: (Winner: ShortcutMe)
    QuickLaunch occupies your convenience key. ShortcutMe, in contrast, allows you to assign 3 applications to it.

I still have my QuickLauch but I am not using it anymore for the reasons above.

You can download the trial version from Mobihand and test it for your self.
    PS: ShortcutMe is addictive!
    05-05-09 09:37 AM
    Thanks so much for the feedback! Is there a manual of some sort that shows how to get this set up?
    05-05-09 10:50 AM
    Thanks so much for the feedback! Is there a manual of some sort that shows how to get this set up?
    I haven't seen any manual for it yet!
    05-05-09 11:26 AM
    QuickLaunch hands down! It's faster, easier to setup, doesn't run in the background eating away your battery like shortcutme, is constantly updated and looks cooler!
    The new ShortcutMe version does NOT run in the background.

Even when it did, in earlier versions, it did not eat up battery. It was just sitting there, fully inactive, waiting to get waked up by convenience key click. Exactly like all those other 5 or 6 applications always in the background on BlackBerry phones.

Get the facts right!
    05-05-09 04:55 PM
    I haven't seen any manual for it yet!
    User manual can be found here:

http://shortcutme.com/ShortcutMe_V3_0_0_4.pdf
    FAQ pages:
    ShortcutMe (ShortcutBerry) - FAQs

(User Manual for ShortcutMe for Storm is here:
    http://shortcutme.com/ShortcutMe_Storm_V3_0_0_4.pdf
    FAQ pages:
    ShortcutMe (ShortcutBerry) - FAQs
    )

Aslak, thanks for the comparison. I assume you already have a license for ShortcutMe. If not let me know, I will give you one for free.

ShortcutMe (ShortcutBerry) - Testimonials
    ShortcutMe (ShortcutBerry)
    Last edited by Vijik; 05-05-09 at 05:03 PM.
    05-05-09 05:00 PM
    try them both. guaranteed you'll pick QuickLaunch. no contest.
    05-05-09 11:56 PM
    I am going to try them both. I'm going to wait to make a decision though because Quicklaunch is suppose to be updating and it will include shortcut keys as well. That's suppose to be in the next week or so. That would be the fair thing to do. Plus, I want to make sure I get the best product for me!

I definitely appreciate the feedback.
    05-06-09 01:08 PM
    I am going to try them both. I'm going to wait to make a decision though because Quicklaunch is suppose to be updating and it will include shortcut keys as well. That's suppose to be in the next week or so. That would be the fair thing to do. Plus, I want to make sure I get the best product for me!

Hi. The trial for QL 2.0 won't be available for awhile but if you pm me
    I can send you the 2.0 beta right away.
    thanks.
    05-06-09 01:31 PM
    Hi. The trial for QL 2.0 won't be available for awhile but if you pm me
    I can send you the 2.0 beta right away.
    thanks.
    PM Sent!

Thank you
    05-06-09 04:19 PM
    try them both. guaranteed you'll pick QuickLaunch. no contest.
    A lot of ShortcutMe customers are old time QuickLaunch users. They send email to us saying that they switched to ShortcutMe because QuickLaunch is actually not Quick. One of them said that he choose a new theme and QuickLaunch suddenly didn't even look nice!
    05-07-09 07:20 AM

Good that you plan to test both.

FYI: A new ShortcutMe with new features is also under development. And upgrading to the new Versions of ShortcutMe is totally free (as it always have been).
    05-07-09 07:27 AM
    hi Vijik,
    are u able to give me the licence for free....find the application very interesting
    Last edited by asics64; 05-27-09 at 09:49 AM.
    05-27-09 09:42 AM
    I currently have QL 2.0.8 and I must admit after seeing Shortcutme I am mightily impressed. QL in my opinion still requires too frequent use of the trackball and Shortcutme seems to suit me better as I am more of a keyboard sort of guy.

I will definitely download the trial and possibly make a future purchase.
    07-05-09 12:21 PM
    I have Shortcutme and have been so impressed I don't see the need to even try QL. How can it get any faster? I can get to all my apps and more in less than a second. If it aint broke, don't try to fix it.
    08-04-09 07:50 PM
    I haven't been on in a while and needed to provide an update. After using Quicklaunch and ShortCut Me I find that ShortCut Me is the better application. It is not only more user friendly. But, the application itself actually views better. Quicklaunch is rather small and pulls up on the side of your phone when you are wanting to do thing such as add an application. But, with ShortCut Me it is viewed on your full screen which helps in manuevering if you are wanting to move the apps. Also, you can change the colors of all the Apps Names to have them stand out. This is great for the people that may not use the ShortCut keys. Speaking of Shortcut Keys those are available via ShortCut Me as well (Quicklaunch may have updated this but, I'm not sure). I'm just upset I didn't find out about ShortCut Me sooner as this is definitely the better Application. If you haven't tried it you SHOULD!! Oh, and you can add Messengers (BBM, Yahoo,etc) to ShortCut Me and you can not with Quicklaunch. Also, the Homescreen add does not work on Quicklaunch and it doesn't have a flashlight like ShortCut Me either.

OK, that's seriously it this time. If I think of other stuff it does that Quicklaunch doesn't do I will update and bump thread!!
    10-15-09 10:59 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD