Morning all.

Just trying to setup a Bluetooth toggle on my 9900 and when I use the specific Bluetooth toggle option I
    n the menu, it toggles hotspot instead.

What's up with that.
    If you dont have WiFi hotspot, then Bluetooth_toggle and NFC_toggle work out of the box.

If your BB has WiFi hotspot, then use a paramter for Bluetooth_toggle And NFC toggle to change the correct item .

For example for
    Bluetooth_toggle set the parameter to 4.
    If you are not sure how to set the parameter click the "Parameter?" butoon in the shortcut settings page after you set AppName to Bluetooth_toggle.
    02-11-13 07:18 AM
    Morning all.

Just trying to setup a Bluetooth toggle on my 9900 and when I use the specific Bluetooth toggle option in the menu, it toggles hotspot instead.

What's up with that.
    Are you using TurnBtOn and TurnBtOff? If your 7.1.0.825 OS is anything like mine on the 7.1.0.861 for the 9930 then TurnBtOn and TurnBtOff won't work properly because the OS changed the wording from Bluetooth Connections to simply Bluetooth. Unfortunately that throws SCM off...

You can use the following to toggle BT
    App Name: Macro
    Launch Manage Connections;
    Delay140;
    NavMoveDown3;
    NavClick;
    ESCKey;
    Vijik likes this.
    02-11-13 08:22 AM
    If you dont have WiFi hotspot, then Bluetooth_toggle and NFC_toggle work out of the box.

If your BB has WiFi hotspot, then use a paramter for Bluetooth_toggle And NFC toggle to change the correct item .

For example for
    Bluetooth_toggle set the parameter to 4.
    If you are not sure how to set the parameter click the "Parameter?" butoon in the shortcut settings page after you set AppName to Bluetooth_toggle.
    You are the man Vijik.

setting the parameter to 4 and it worked.

cheers for the help.
    02-11-13 03:43 PM
    You are the man Vijik.

setting the parameter to 4 and it worked.

cheers for the help.
    Good.

What dimm0k pointed out is correct and very important.
    If you have the new BB OS, then TurnBTOn and TurnBtOff super
    macros dont work.
    02-13-13 07:41 AM
    Vijik, I need a macro to do the following...
    Compose an email with two recipients and Predefined text+Tomorrow's date in Subject field (e.g.. "Report to be filed on 19/02/13"). Thanks......
    02-18-13 08:01 AM
    Vijik, I need a macro to do the following...
    Compose an email with two recipients and Predefined text+Tomorrow's date in Subject field (e.g.. "Report to be filed on 19/02/13"). Thanks......
    Just saw your post.
    Will write a macro for this and get back to you.

When you open Messages app on your BB and then hit Menu key, is 'Compose Email' option highlighted?
    02-22-13 06:47 AM
    Try this shortcut:

--AppName: Macro

--Parameter: [email protected];[email protected];Report to be filled on ;Hi, This is the report.;

--Macros:
    LaunchAndWait Messages;
    MenuKey; Delay 50; Click; Delay 50;
    Key$$1;key,;key$$2; Click;
    Down2; /*goes to Subject field*/
    Set $y = GetYear;
    Set $m = GetMonth;
    Set $d = GetDay;
    Inc $d;
    key$$3; /*Enters the 3rd parameter in parameter field*/
    key $d/$m/$y;
    Down 1;
    Key $$4; /*Enters the 4th parameter in the Parameter field*/

--Display Name: Compose Report

--Shortcut Chars: CR

Edit: Keep the macro intact, and use the parameter field in the shortcut to enter email addresses, subject, and the text in the email. Separate these items with ;
    For example:
    [email protected];[email protected];Report to be filled on ;Hi, This is the report.;
    Last edited by Vijik; 02-22-13 at 09:07 PM.
    02-22-13 07:12 AM
    @vijik: It appears that BlackBerry (aka RIM) has again broken the ability to manipulate within BlackBerry World (formerly BlackBerry App World). I have long used macros to reset App World cache and to check for app updates, but none of the cursor movement or keystroke commands work after the update.

Reference: ShortcutMe 6.2.8.4_OS7_T, BlackBerry World 4.3.0.26
    bobop likes this.
    02-22-13 10:01 AM
    I know.
    BlackBerry have changed the BB World so that it does not accept Simulated Input from an app.
    02-22-13 09:08 PM
    Try this shortcut:

--AppName: Macro

--Parameter: [email protected];[email protected];Report to be filled on ;Hi, This is the report.;

--Macros:
    LaunchAndWait Messages;
    Key$$1;key,;key$$2; Click;
    Set $y = GetYear;
    Set $m = GetMonth;
    Set $d = GetDay;
    Inc $d;
    key $d/$m/$y;
    Down 1;
    Key $$4; /*Enters the 4th parameter in the Parameter field*/

--Display Name: Compose Report

--Shortcut Chars: CR

Edit: Keep the macro intact, and use the parameter field in the shortcut to enter email addresses, subject, and the text in the email. Separate these items with ;
    For example:
    [email protected];[email protected];Report to be filled on ;Hi, This is the report.;
    Thanks Vijik. I altered it to make it do the following:

To : 2 recipients
    Sub : Predefined text (tomorrows date) predefined text.
    Attachment : file stored on the sdcard.

For the attachment (an excel file) i have added some steps in the macro, which do the following :
    search for the excel file, starting with "reg", stored in Media Card:BlackBerry:documents ->
    Open the file -> Go to cell "D4" -> enter "Edit Mode" -> clear the cell -> enter todays date -> accept the changes -> close the file -> it asks for saving it.
    Then attach the file and send it.
    Please suggest, if it can be done in any other/better way or how the macro can be refined.

--Parameter: [email protected];[email protected];Report for - ;- to be submitted;Thanks;reg;d4;

--Macro:
    LaunchAndWait Messages;
    Key$$1; Click;
    Key$$2; Click;
    Set $y = GetYear;
    Set $m = GetMonth;
    Set $d = GetDay;
    Inc $d;
    key $d/$m/$y;key $$4;
    Down 1;
    key$$5; /*Enters the 5th parameter in the Parameter field*/
    MenuKey; Delay 50;
    Down3; Delay 50; Click;
    Down1; Delay 50; Click;
    Delay 50; Click; Delay 50;
    Down1; Down1; Click;
    Delay 50;Down1; Down1; Click;
    Delay 50;
    key$$6; /*Enters the 6th parameter in the Parameter field*/
    Delay 50;
    MenuKey; Delay 50;
    Down 1; Click;
    Delay 500;
    MenuKey; Delay 50;
    UP 2; Click; Delay 50; Click;
    key$$7; /*Enters the 7th parameter in the Parameter field*/ Click;
    MenuKey; Delay 50; Click;
    MenuKey; Delay 50;
    UP 1; Delay 50; Click;
    Set $y = GetYear;
    Set $m = GetMonth;
    Set $d = GetDay;
    key $d/$m/$y; Delay 50;
    Click; Delay 50; Click;
    MenuKey; Delay 50;
    Menuitemfrombottom 1; Delay 150; Click;
    Delay 50; Click;
    Delay 2000; Click;
    Delay 100; Up 1;
    Delay 50; MenuKey; Click;
    02-23-13 04:59 AM
    Ok peeps. Here is one for you.

I wanna make a macro up that will turn off my network connection for 30 mins if it cannot detect a signal after 1 min of searching. Then after those 30 mins, it turns the network connection back on. It will then repeat this process.

Reason I am asking is that I had another app that done this bit it has now developed a bug and the dev is not responding to emails.

Without this option, my battery is draining down pretty quick as I have a ropey connection at my work. I do get a signal, only when the big roller shutter doors are open. I do work in a blast proof building....
    02-28-13 07:44 AM
    Ok peeps. Here is one for you.

I wanna make a macro up that will turn off my network connection for 30 mins if it cannot detect a signal after 1 min of searching. Then after those 30 mins, it turns the network connection back on. It will then repeat this process.

Reason I am asking is that I had another app that done this bit it has now developed a bug and the dev is not responding to emails.

Without this option, my battery is draining down pretty quick as I have a ropey connection at my work. I do get a signal, only when the big roller shutter doors are open. I do work in a blast proof building....
    Just saw this post.

It should be possible to do this with first making a shortcut that turns on radio (or is it Wifi connection you are looking for?) and searches for 1 min for network connection. It it finds network connection, it keeps the radio on, otherwise it turns it off.

Then get the above shortcut to launch every 30 minutes by using the Scheduled Launch feature available in Common Config page of ShortcutMe.
    04-20-13 02:13 PM
    I noticed that when I use a marco with Blackberry Messenger_BG as the app that once the shortcut is done, it doesn't exit out of the ShortcutMe menu.

Here is what I noticed:
    - I open ShortcutMe menu with space bar.
    - I select the Shortcut Key alphabet.
    - The marco runs.
    - The application exits (the one that the marco uses; in this case Blackberry Messenger).
    - The Shortcut Me menu is still present and doesn't go away.

I checked that I have the latest version of ShortcutMe 6.2.8.4_OS7_T
    Device: 9930
    OS 7.1 Bundle 1149
    05-10-13 01:43 PM
    @robchow,

You are right. I can reproduce it.

As a workaround please do the followings:

Add this at the end of macros of the shortcut with BlackBerry Messenger_BG:
    StopAndRunShortcut QQQ;

Then, create a shortcut like this (Leave Macros field empty):

AppName: Macro
    ShortcutKeys: QQQ
    05-18-13 07:21 PM
    @robchow,

You are right. I can reproduce it.

As a workaround please do the followings:

Add this at the end of macros of the shortcut with BlackBerry Messenger_BG:
    StopAndRunShortcut QQQ;

Then, create a shortcut like this (Leave Macros field empty):

AppName: Macro
    ShortcutKeys: QQQ
    This works. Thanks
    05-28-13 03:10 PM
    Vijik, I'm not sure if this is a bug or just the way it's designed. Using the latest version, 6.2.8.4 via the Updates feature from SCM itself on a Bold 9930 and 7.1.0.1033. What I noticed is that when I pull the device's uptime it gives me the time from when the device was last shut down. I guess this isn't that big of an issue for reboots, but if you pull the battery and hold it out for say 10 minutes, that 10 minutes would be figured into the calculation. This is also apparent in "Device Info Plus"
    08-07-13 11:31 AM
    The up time, if I remember correctly, got updated when the device booted up and automatically started up ShortcutMe.

What you are seeing shows that somehow ShortcutMe is not automatically launched at startup.

Let me double check the source code and get back to you on this.

Posted via CB10
    08-08-13 07:15 AM
    Is it somehow available to turn "IsHeadsetConnected" into a plug-in?

I'm trying to get music shortcut started automatically, when headphones jack inserted.
    Right now system pause music if jack plugged out. But is it possible to continue playing after headphones plugged in again - without starting shortcut manually?
    11-20-13 03:25 PM
    Hello
    SCMEventLauncher does not work, I can not add anything. bb key opens the menu but when Iclick add nything happens. To this day everything worked beautifully.I deleted and installed the application again, but it did not help. Please help me.
    01-10-15 11:53 AM
544 ... 202122
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD