When you come so far as downloading the Macro Info File for the Macro Editor (new in 6.2.5.0), please also download a text editor app like BBNotePad (free) and if you think any of the macros need more examples, just add them to the Macro info File using that Text Editor program..
    I also suggest FileScout (FileScout Homepage - a file manager Software for BlackBerry� Devices with OS 4.3 or higher) as a BlackBerry text editor (plus much more!) -- IMO, FileScout is in the same class as SCM (i.e., indispensable!). The free File Scout Lite (free FileScoutLite Information - a file manager Software for BlackBerry� Devices with OS 4.3 or higher) allows you to view, but not edit, text documents.
    08-29-12 08:41 AM
    I also suggest FileScout (FileScout Homepage - a file manager Software for BlackBerry� Devices with OS 4.3 or higher) as a BlackBerry text editor (plus much more!) -- IMO, FileScout is in the same class as SCM (i.e., indispensable!). The free File Scout Lite (free FileScoutLite Information - a file manager Software for BlackBerry� Devices with OS 4.3 or higher) allows you to view, but not edit, text documents.
    No doubt that FileScout is a very well designed app. I have also bought it and use it.
    (I just didn't want to ask others to buy another app to improve the Macro Info file. That is why I mentioned BBNotepad).

By the way, I fixed some more issues in ShortcutMe 6.2.5.0, and submitted it to App World as version 6.2.6.0
    08-31-12 08:51 AM
    :
    :
    By the way, I fixed some more issues in ShortcutMe 6.2.5.0, and submitted it to App World as version 6.2.6.0
    Any chance that you could post the update via the in-app update? It might be DAYS before it is approved!
    08-31-12 10:43 AM
    Any chance that you could post the update via the in-app update? It might be DAYS before it is approved!
    Okay.
    Tomorrow, I will make 6.2.6.0 available via the in-app update.
    08-31-12 07:41 PM
    ShortcutMe 6.2.6.0 is now available to download via in-app updates in ShortcutMe 6.

6.2.6.0 is for all BB models running BB OS 4.7.x.x, 5.x.x.x, 6.x.x.x, and 7.x.x.x

(6.2.5.100 is also available (in ShortcutMe 6) via in-app updates for all BBs running BB OS 4.3.x.x to 4.6.x.x).

These versions will also be available through App World within the next 3-4 days.
    AxKxB likes this.
    09-01-12 09:11 AM
    ShortcutMe 6.2.6.0 and 6.2.5.100 (for OS 4.3), the latest versions, are now available on App World.
    09-05-12 05:39 AM
    I've been using ShortCutMe for a little over two months, wrote a bunch of macros for a BlackBerry Bold 2 9700 with OS 5.0.0.602 over the first couple weeks to minimize key stokes for application start-ups, automating a couple common Tasks app functions (i.e., New Task creation & Filter search categories with a first letter find prompt/input), and automate a multi-step broker app log-on w/prompts & initial menu-selections. I've been happily using and fine tuning these macros and I want to thank Viljik for an awesome app (ShortCutMe) and his on-going development/support.

However, one problem I've run into is the NumLock_ON built-in macro does not seem to simulate any key stroke, but it should simulate an Alt & Left-Shift (either in sequence or simultaneously) to accomplish a successful NumLock function. To be clear, my end goal here is to latch NumLock mode ON to enter an all-numeric hardware dongle-generated security code without having to keep pressing Alt before each number or to manually invoke NumLock via Alt & Left-Shift. I know Vilijik has already spent hours trying to figure out how to fix this issue, but thus far has not been successful (to my knowledge). Hence, so as not to let this issue slip between the cracks, I'm making my first append to serve as a friendly reminder. Peace.
    BBTrader
    09-09-12 04:55 PM
    Hi Vijik,

I have been using SCM v.5.9.6 with no problems. Appworld wants me to upgrade to
    v.6.2.6.0

I have tried to upgrade to this which does not work and now my origional 5.9.6 wont work either.

I have a9900 running 7.1.0.342

Any ideas?
    09-19-12 04:33 AM
    Hi Vijik,

v.6.2.6.0

I have tried to upgrade to this which does not work and now my origional 5.9.6 wont work either.

Any ideas?
    Is it still installed on your phone ? If yes, try deleting it and then see, if you can install it from the uninstalled section on app world.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    09-19-12 09:35 AM
    Is it still installed on your phone ? If yes, try deleting it and then see, if you can install it from the uninstalled section on app world.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Tried that and did not work.

Vijik,

Forgot to mention, I got it from friggin Appworld...would you believe.
    09-19-12 01:16 PM
    @BBTrader,

I tried to get NumLock_ON to work on BB OS 7.1 but somehow it doesn't work. I had to give up on that. I think it is a BB OS issue. ShortcutMe does call for correct key clicks but the OS just doesn't accept it.
    09-20-12 09:31 PM
    Hi Vijik,

v.6.2.6.0

Any ideas?
    It is unfortunately a problem with some user accounts where App World offer the upgrade to ShortcutMe 6, but doesn't actually do the upgrade.

I can't do anything. The problem is on App World side.
    It was one customer who said she contacted App World and asked them to reset her account so that she could buy ShortcutMe 6 and at the end she managed to get ShortcutMe 6.

Try contacting them and ask them to fix your account.

Why your ShortcutMe 5 doesn't work?
    Last edited by Vijik; 09-22-12 at 11:58 AM.
    09-20-12 09:35 PM
    Hey Vijik,

I've been facing the same "upgrade showing: can't download" problem on appworld, Running 5.9.6 now but would be great to fianlly get rid of the DirectLaunch bug with the upgrade. Also tried the In-app update method but that again leads to appworld.

Just a suggestion, the appworld download page does show us our key, so could you either. Post or mail an ota link for the users facing this problem? I rely heavily on this app so I would really appreciate it!

Thank you in advance!
    10-05-12 11:58 AM
    I tried to delete the app and rinstall but now I'm stuck with no app installed and appworld gives and error like that:
    Attached Thumbnails ShortcutMe 6 released for all BB models (Plug-in Function, EventLauncher, HomeScreen)-sixtools_1349461530476.jpg  
    10-05-12 01:34 PM
    It is a problem with some user accounts on App World. The problem shows up in various forms but bottom line it does not let ShortcutMe 5 owners to upgrade to ShortcutMe 6.
    Unfortunately I can't do anything to fix it. Developers have no access to user accounts in App World.

If you own ShortcutMe 5, and you see these problems I don't think that the license key you see in App World is your new key for ShortcutMe 6 (If you want you can email me your PIN and the key you see in App World so that I check it for you). So it doesn't help with a download link. You need to contact App World (the store who sell it and hold your user account) and ask them to reset your account so that you can get ShortcutMe 6.

I wished I could help. This is as much headache for me as it is for you and App World sits with the tools and databases needed to help us all.
    10-06-12 08:29 AM
    Just installed and got done with instructions and basic setup, thanks to the quickest and best app support i have recieved for any purchase. (Yes, i tried Appworld support too, who should have solved this issue, but am still waiting for a reply)

Shortcutme v6.2.6 isnt just an app its like a parallel UI!

Its another level of Blackberry customization. the amount of enhancement, functions and utility it provides is useen and unheard of in any other app. SCM6 gives so much power and control to the user, it is simply unbelievable. I agree the setup takes a little time understanding and patience (differs as per the needs of the user) but once youre done, you start saving precious time and actually start enjoying using your BB more than ever before. If you don't have ShortcutMe installed on your Blackberry, your experience is simply incomplete period

I will try and post some screenshots of my setup soon, and also hope to see other users setups as surely each will be uniquely customized and might provide ideas for all!

Thank you Vijik!
    Vijik likes this.
    10-08-12 11:03 AM
    Here's a screenshot of my very first SCM Homescreen
    Attached Thumbnails ShortcutMe 6 released for all BB models (Plug-in Function, EventLauncher, HomeScreen)-ql_1210912057.jpg   ShortcutMe 6 released for all BB models (Plug-in Function, EventLauncher, HomeScreen)-blackberry_pictures_ql_1210950719.jpg  
    Last edited by Ak.B; 10-08-12 at 06:43 PM.
    Vijik likes this.
    10-08-12 03:10 PM
    Hi there! Of course, I want to start with the thanks to the creator of this wonderful app. It really tides the blackberry together! I do have an issue though. I use the 9900 running 7.1. So when I need to create a bt toggle shortcut it wouldn't work unless I will choose the nfc toggle. So basically to create a bluetooth toggle shortcut you have to choose the nfc toggle from the list of available applications. If you choose bt you will create ether the wifi toggle or hotspot toggle. I could live with that, but if you could please tell me how to create an nfc toggle shortcut, that would be great!

Thanks again for the app!
    10-09-12 09:43 AM
    @Judge Dredd,
    Bluetooth_Toggle and NFC_Toggle functions accept a paramter. If no paramter is set they assume you don't have WiFi Hotspot in Manage Connection.
    In your case, it sounds like you have Wifi Hotspot on your BB, so when you select Bluetooth_Toggle hit the "Parameter?" Button to see how to set the paramter for it.
    On my BB with Wifi Hotspot in Manage Connection, I have set the paramter for Bluetooth_Toggle to 4
    Judge Dredd likes this.
    10-09-12 10:05 AM
    Thanks for the quick reply. Bluetooth works fine now, but the nfc doesn't connect. I choose nfc toggle, then set a parameter on 5 but it doesn't work out. Sorry for being so dummy.
    10-09-12 11:17 AM
    It's been a while, but I wanted to verify... if my device is locked with a password, is there any way SCM can put in the password to unlock the phone, perform some macros and then lock the phone IF the phone was originally locked?
    10-09-12 11:26 AM
    Thanks for the quick reply. Bluetooth works fine now, but the nfc doesn't connect. I choose nfc toggle, then set a parameter on 5 but it doesn't work out. Sorry for being so dummy.
    So you have a shortcut with AppName set to NFC_Toggle, and paramter set to 5, but it doesn't toggle NFC? What does it toggle?
    10-09-12 12:56 PM
    It's been a while, but I wanted to verify... if my device is locked with a password, is there any way SCM can put in the password to unlock the phone, perform some macros and then lock the phone IF the phone was originally locked?
    ShortcutMe can't be launched when the device is locked.
    However if you apps like MediaKeyBooster which can launch (by Volume/Media keys) when the BB is locked then it can launch a shortcut in ShortcutMe that opens the login page enters the password to unlock the device, do som other things before lockking the device again.
    The logging using MediaKeyBooster and ShortcutMe was done before and the macro was also posted on one of the SCM/Macro/MediaKeyBooster threads.
    10-09-12 01:01 PM
    So you have a shortcut with AppName set to NFC_Toggle, and paramter set to 5, but it doesn't toggle NFC? What does it toggle?
    Never mind. I rebooted the device and now it works fine. Thank you for your concern.
    10-09-12 01:06 PM
    Just installed and got done with instructions and basic setup, thanks to the quickest and best app support i have recieved for any purchase. (Yes, i tried Appworld support too, who should have solved this issue, but am still waiting for a reply)

Shortcutme v6.2.6 isnt just an app its like a parallel UI!

Its another level of Blackberry customization. the amount of enhancement, functions and utility it provides is useen and unheard of in any other app. SCM6 gives so much power and control to the user, it is simply unbelievable. I agree the setup takes a little time understanding and patience (differs as per the needs of the user) but once youre done, you start saving precious time and actually start enjoying using your BB more than ever before. If you don't have ShortcutMe installed on your Blackberry, your experience is simply incomplete period

I will try and post some screenshots of my setup soon, and also hope to see other users setups as surely each will be uniquely customized and might provide ideas for all!

Thank you Vijik!
    You're very welcome.
    Glad to see that you like the ShortcutMe's Home Screen.
    I assume since you are good with graphical design stuff, you will end up with a very nice Home Screen.
    10-12-12 11:16 AM
544 ... 1617181920 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD