| | 04-11-12, 09:45 AM Thread Author #1
ShortcutMe 6 released for all BB models (Plug-in Function, EventLauncher, HomeScreen)
ShortcutMe 6 is released for all BB models!
(99xx, 98xx, 97xx, 96xx, 95xx, 93xx, 91xx, 90xx, 89xx, 88xx, 85xx, 83xx, 82xx, and 81xx running BB OS 4.3+ to BB OS 7.0+ )
Screenshot of ShortcutMe for BBs with touch screen running BB OS 7+
Icons on the screen can launch apps or macro shortcuts
This new release has an upgrade fee of $1.99 to cover the cost for developing tons of new features added now and for the ones which will be added (at least) in the next 18 months in form of free upgrades.
Existing users don't have to upgrade. Latest version of ShortcutMe 5 is very stable and full of rich features.
Those who choose to upgrade to ShortcutMe 6, or those who buy it for the first time, can enjoy following new features now:
Added Fully Customizable Home Screen with Icon, Weather, and Battery shortcuts
BBs with touch screen running BB OS 7+, can enjoy having a fully customizable home screen for ShortcutMe. The Home Screen has customizable Date, Time, Battery, Weather and Icon launchers. Each of those can be moved, resized and set to have various transparencies. All of those icons (except Time and Date), when touched, can launch an app or a macro shortcut.
Weather item shows current and today’s weather icon (can use any BeWeather icon set). When clicked, the weather icon can launch any (weather) app you want, or a macro shortcut that launches a weather app and runs a macro on it!
Accepts Plug-in Functions
This will allow users to use macros without knowing about macros!
Download a plug-in function from internet to “uSD/scm/scmpluginfunctions” directory.
Open and close ShortcutMe once to load that plug-in function, adding it to your existing default and plugged in ShortcutMe functions.
Then easily create a shortcut by selecting this new macro plug-in function from the drop down menu.
When selecting a plug-in macro you can read about it directly in Shortcut Setting page:
Added Safe Mode for running macros
When you run a plug-in function for the first time, or when you add “SafeMode_On” macro in your macros, ShortcutMe will run the macros in Safe Mode, prompting you when the macro tries to click an item or hit a (hot) key.
Added a free Plug-In application called SCMEventLauncher
Do you want to automatically launch a (macro) shortcut based on an event on your BB? Now it is possible!
Can launch a (macro) shortcut based on the following events:
- BB is connected to a charger (PC or wall charger)
- BB is connected to a pad charger
- USB cable is disconnected from the BB
- Battery voltage goes low
- Battery voltage goes below what is needed for keeping radio on
- Battery gets too hot
- BB goes into Holster
- BB is taken out of Holster
- BB is connected to a wifi router (with or without a specific SSID name)
- Wifi connection gets unreachable to BB
- Someone with or without a specific number calls you.
- And many more events all available in drop down event list.
Wifi events can be used to automatically detect when you get home, leave home, arrive at work, leave work. Each of those “detections” can launch one or more macro shortcuts depending on what you want to do.
Adding an event shortcut is easy using the Setup Wizard in SCMEventLauncher.
Setting page, however, has lots of other settings that allow a user to have a more detailed setting for his/her shortcut including having a state machine for events.
Added following macros
- IsModuleForeground (returns TRUE if a specific module runs in foreground)
- IsModuleRunning (returns TRUE if a specific module is running)
- GetModuleForeground (returns the module name for the app on the screen)
- LaunchModuleAndWait (launches a module and waits for it to come to foreground)
- LaunchModule (launches a module)
- CloseOptions (Makes sure that BB Options is closed and not on a sub page. This is handy for any macro you have to change a setting in BB Options).
- IsValidNumber (returns TRUE if a variable contains a number)
- IsValidText (returns TRUE if a variable contains a number)
- SafeMode_On (turns on Safe Mode to prompt you when a macro tries to click a key, an item, or a hotkey)
- SafeP (invokes a Safe Mode prompt)
- SafeMode_Off (Turns off Safe Mode)
- SelectFrom (Brings up a screen with a list of options. $$Result will be set to selected option number, starting from 0)
- StartsWith (returns TRUE if a variable starts with a specific text or number)
- EndsWith (returns TRUE if a variable ends with a specific text or number)
'ImportMacro' Is Improved
ImportMacro Can now also import macros from a Plug-in Function
Added following functions
- Messages_Outgoings (opens Outgoing page in Messages)
- Messages_MMS (opens MMS page in Messages)
- Messages_Email (opens Email/Default page in Messages)
- Messages_VoiceMails* (opens VoiceMail page in Messages)
- Messages_Search* (opens Search page in Messages)
- Messages_SMS* (opens SMS page in Messages)
- Messages_Flagged* (opens Flagged Items page in Messages)
- Messages_Incomings* (opens Incomings page in Messages)
- Messages_Calls*(opens Calls page in Messages)
- SwitchTo_2G**(switches the radio to 2G)
- SwitchTo_3G**(switches the radio to 3G)
- SwitchTo_3G&2G** (switches the radio to 3G&2G)
*: Only on BBs with full keypad
**: Only for BBs running BB OS 7+