ShortcutMe 6 is released for all BB models!
    (99xx, 98xx, 97xx, 96xx, 95xx, 93xx, 91xx, 90xx, 89xx, 88xx, 85xx, 83xx, 82xx, and 81xx running BB OS 4.3+ to BB OS 7.0+ )

Screenshot of ShortcutMe for BBs with touch screen running BB OS 7+
    Icons on the screen can launch apps or macro shortcuts

This new release has an upgrade fee of $1.99 to cover the cost for developing tons of new features added now and for the ones which will be added (at least) in the next 18 months in form of free upgrades.

Existing users don't have to upgrade. Latest version of ShortcutMe 5 is very stable and full of rich features.

Those who choose to upgrade to ShortcutMe 6, or those who buy it for the first time, can enjoy following new features now:

Added Fully Customizable Home Screen with Icon, Weather, and Battery shortcuts

BBs with touch screen running BB OS 7+, can enjoy having a fully customizable home screen for ShortcutMe. The Home Screen has customizable Date, Time, Battery, Weather and Icon launchers. Each of those can be moved, resized and set to have various transparencies. All of those icons (except Time and Date), when touched, can launch an app or a macro shortcut.

Weather item shows current and today�s weather icon (can use any BeWeather icon set). When clicked, the weather icon can launch any (weather) app you want, or a macro shortcut that launches a weather app and runs a macro on it!

Accepts Plug-in Functions
    This will allow users to use macros without knowing about macros!

Download a plug-in function from internet to �uSD/scm/scmpluginfunctions� directory.
    Open and close ShortcutMe once to load that plug-in function, adding it to your existing default and plugged in ShortcutMe functions.

Then easily create a shortcut by selecting this new macro plug-in function from the drop down menu.

When selecting a plug-in macro you can read about it directly in Shortcut Setting page:

Added Safe Mode for running macros
    When you run a plug-in function for the first time, or when you add �SafeMode_On� macro in your macros, ShortcutMe will run the macros in Safe Mode, prompting you when the macro tries to click an item or hit a (hot) key.

Added a free Plug-In application called SCMEventLauncher
    Do you want to automatically launch a (macro) shortcut based on an event on your BB? Now it is possible!

Can launch a (macro) shortcut based on the following events:
    - BB is connected to a charger (PC or wall charger)
    - BB is connected to a pad charger
    - USB cable is disconnected from the BB
    - Battery voltage goes low
    - Battery voltage goes below what is needed for keeping radio on
    - Battery gets too hot
    - BB goes into Holster
    - BB is taken out of Holster
    - BB is connected to a wifi router (with or without a specific SSID name)
    - Wifi connection gets unreachable to BB
    - Someone with or without a specific number calls you.
    - And many more events all available in drop down event list.

Wifi events can be used to automatically detect when you get home, leave home, arrive at work, leave work. Each of those �detections� can launch one or more macro shortcuts depending on what you want to do.

Adding an event shortcut is easy using the Setup Wizard in SCMEventLauncher.
    Setting page, however, has lots of other settings that allow a user to have a more detailed setting for his/her shortcut including having a state machine for events.

Added following macros
    - IsModuleForeground (returns TRUE if a specific module runs in foreground)
    - IsModuleRunning (returns TRUE if a specific module is running)
    - GetModuleForeground (returns the module name for the app on the screen)
    - LaunchModuleAndWait (launches a module and waits for it to come to foreground)
    - LaunchModule (launches a module)
    - CloseOptions (Makes sure that BB Options is closed and not on a sub page. This is handy for any macro you have to change a setting in BB Options).
    - IsValidNumber (returns TRUE if a variable contains a number)
    - IsValidText (returns TRUE if a variable contains a number)
    - SafeMode_On (turns on Safe Mode to prompt you when a macro tries to click a key, an item, or a hotkey)
    - SafeP (invokes a Safe Mode prompt)
    - SafeMode_Off (Turns off Safe Mode)
    - SelectFrom (Brings up a screen with a list of options. $$Result will be set to selected option number, starting from 0)
    - StartsWith (returns TRUE if a variable starts with a specific text or number)
    - EndsWith (returns TRUE if a variable ends with a specific text or number)

'ImportMacro' Is Improved
    ImportMacro Can now also import macros from a Plug-in Function

Added following functions
    - Messages_Outgoings (opens Outgoing page in Messages)
    - Messages_MMS (opens MMS page in Messages)
    - Messages_Email (opens Email/Default page in Messages)
    - Messages_VoiceMails* (opens VoiceMail page in Messages)
    - Messages_Search* (opens Search page in Messages)
    - Messages_SMS* (opens SMS page in Messages)
    - Messages_Flagged* (opens Flagged Items page in Messages)
    - Messages_Incomings* (opens Incomings page in Messages)
    - Messages_Calls*(opens Calls page in Messages)
    - SwitchTo_2G**(switches the radio to 2G)
    - SwitchTo_3G**(switches the radio to 3G)
    - SwitchTo_3G&2G** (switches the radio to 3G&2G)

*: Only on BBs with full keypad
    **: Only for BBs running BB OS 7+
    Last edited by Vijik; 04-27-12 at 07:25 AM.
    ipos likes this.
    04-11-12 08:45 AM
    OK, having a small problem with version 6.1 on OS 5.0: I had an old macro "break" after installing the new version. I noticed that when I open Messages, ShortcutMe switches to Messages_SMS without any intervention.
    04-11-12 11:20 AM
    OK, having a small problem with version 6.1 on OS 5.0: I had an old macro "break" after installing the new version. I noticed that when I open Messages, ShortcutMe switches to Messages_SMS without any intervention.
    Toss me the macro, and some sort of description of what it did, and what it does. I'll fix it up for ya. Or at least Vijik will be able to reproduce it.
    04-11-12 11:23 AM
    Thank you Juggalo20! I commented out the macro and still noticed the switch in the messages window (old, slow device, hehe). I set up a new macro that only opens the app name Messages, and I can still see the same switch to SMS Messages.
    04-11-12 11:34 AM
    Thank you Juggalo20! I commented out the macro and still noticed the switch in the messages window (old, slow device, hehe). I set up a new macro that only opens the app name Messages, and I can still see the same switch to SMS Messages.
    Does it happen every single time for you?
    04-11-12 11:48 AM
    Does it happen every single time for you?
    Yes, it does it consistently, even after restarting the phone. I tested accessing all the individual message apps like Messages_Email, Messages_Calls, etc..., and they work fine. Just the unified Messages app is switching.
    04-11-12 12:05 PM
    Yes, it does it consistently, even after restarting the phone. I tested accessing all the individual message apps like Messages_Email, Messages_Calls, etc..., and they work fine. Just the unified Messages app is switching.
    I can confirm that the Message is switching to SMS page in Message app in SCM 6.
    I will fix it soon.
    In the mean time, can you use Message_Email instead?

or any of the other one (Messages_Outgoings, Messages_MMS, Messages_Email, Messages_VoiceMails, Messages_Search, Messages_SMS, Messages_Flagged, Messages_Incomings, Messages_Calls)?
    04-11-12 12:18 PM
    I can confirm that the Message is switching to SMS page in Message app in SCM 6.
    I will fix it soon.
    In the mean time, can you use Message_Email instead?

or any of the other one (Messages_Outgoings, Messages_MMS, Messages_Email, Messages_VoiceMails, Messages_Search, Messages_SMS, Messages_Flagged, Messages_Incomings, Messages_Calls)?
    No problem, I've got an interim solution working now. Thank you for your assistance Vijik and Juggalo20.
    Vijik likes this.
    04-11-12 12:26 PM
    Can someone see if In-App Update works (ShortcutMe > BB/Menu Key > Updates).

Some users report that it works while others get an error message.
    04-11-12 12:53 PM
    Can someone see if In-App Update works (ShortcutMe > BB/Menu Key > Updates).

Some users report that it works while others get an error message.
    This may not make sense, but I get an error message, "Error reading data. (No '<<'!)", connected via WIFI, but it works fine when I toggle WIFI off.
    04-11-12 01:03 PM
    Vijik, I used to be able to launch MOHK with SCM. Doesn't seem to work anymore. Any ideas? I launch it via SCM so I can quickly change the settings if need be. Thank you.
    04-11-12 02:20 PM
    This may not make sense, but I get an error message, "Error reading data. (No '<<'!)", connected via WIFI, but it works fine when I toggle WIFI off.
    So when Radio is On and Wifi is On, Updates doesn't work, but when you turn off Wifi on the BB (keeping Radio on) then Update works?
    04-11-12 02:25 PM
    So when Radio is On and Wifi is On, Updates doesn't work, but when you turn off Wifi on the BB (keeping Radio on) then Update works?
    Exactly. WIFI + Radio and WIFI only fail. Only Radio works every time.
    04-11-12 02:51 PM
    Exactly. WIFI + Radio and WIFI only fail. Only Radio works every time.
    Thanks.
    Just to clarify things even more: When you have Wifi On then your BB gets connected to a Wifi router with internet connection?
    04-11-12 02:59 PM
    Vijik, I used to be able to launch MOHK with SCM. Doesn't seem to work anymore. Any ideas? I launch it via SCM so I can quickly change the settings if need be. Thank you.
    MyOwnHotKeys is a bit different than other apps because it overrides the BB Hotkeys.
    I didn't think that its Main Setting page (launched when you click on Home Icon) could be launched with any version of ShortcutMe.

You can however launch A and B in MyOwnHotKeys if you set AppName to MyOwnHotKeys and Alternative launch to * and # respectively.
    wkaneh3 likes this.
    04-11-12 03:04 PM
    Thanks.
    Just to clarify things even more: When you have Wifi On then your BB gets connected to a Wifi router with internet connection?
    That's right. The WIFI connection seems to be working fine too.
    04-11-12 03:56 PM
    That's right. The WIFI connection seems to be working fine too.
    Working fine for Updates in ShortcutMe?
    04-11-12 05:15 PM
    Working fine for Updates in ShortcutMe?
    Meant to say that my WIFI connection in general is working as expected, but the Update feature in ShortcutMe does not work when it's on.
    Vijik likes this.
    04-11-12 05:23 PM
    @hornlovah,

Do you have a BB with touch screen running BB OS 7 or later?
    04-11-12 06:05 PM
    I have an antique device, running 5.0
    04-11-12 06:10 PM
    I fixed the "Message" bug and the Updates issue in a new version called 6.1.0.6.

I will soon submit it to App World and also make it available for the In-App Update feature (ShortcutMe > BB/Menu key > Updates).

Let you know when that is done.
    hornlovah likes this.
    04-11-12 08:50 PM
    Any way to override the home screen function, I don't really care for it.
    Also, update is not working wifi or no wifi
    04-11-12 11:10 PM
    Any way to override the home screen function, I don't really care for it.
    Also, update is not working wifi or no wifi
    6.1.0.6 has a temporary workaround that users can use to force ShortcutMe to show its Shortcut List right a way (on top of the Home Screen).
    You can use that to avoid using the Home Screen.
    04-12-12 12:10 AM
    Thanks for the reply, but how can I get that version? The update function fails. Also if the shortcut list pops on top of the screen I will still get that red screen which also flashes when using shortcuts in Myownhotkeys app that uses shortcutme. I really need to get back to 5!! Can you make it available on appworld so I can downgrade?
    04-12-12 12:41 AM
    Does the Shortcutme homescreen replace the existing homescreen (ie appear automatically when I turn on my BB) or do I have to press a button for it to appear?
    04-12-12 12:59 AM
544 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD