Hi, just a quickie.

Could you point me in the direction of where to find custom wallpaper backgrounds JUST for SCM's popup menu please? The guides say there's a link within one of the config pages, but I'm sure it's not present on mine... either that, else could you tell me what size the menu background should be so that I can create my own?

TIA
    The wallpaper size for only shortcut menu on BB 99xx is 600x360.

To download (or to load from SD/Flash) wallpapers for ShortcutMe, open ShortcutMe's Home Screen, hit menu key and select "Setup Home Screen", "Background","Set Wallpaper" and ....

ShortcutMe's shortcut menu will show the wallpaper in all UI Modes (in Common Config page) except "Home Screen Off".
    11-10-12 07:29 AM
    Nice.
    You are an excellent graphic designer.
    AxKxB likes this.
    11-10-12 07:30 AM
    Anyone having issues with the ShortcutMe starting the clock? For me, it works sometimes and sometimes is starts but is in the background (I can see that the app started using the switch app blackberry menu).
    Confirming that this happens on my new BB OS (7.1.0.714). This is probably because something is changed with the Clock app.
    I will look into how to write a workaround for it (something that doesn't messes up launching Clock on older BB OS).

In the mean time, just use this shortcut instead:

AppName: Macro
    Macros: Launch net_rim_bb_clock;
    robchow likes this.
    11-10-12 07:41 AM
    Just thought of a couple of ways that would make SCM improve 10-fold, at least, for myself :P

I don't use the homescreen mode at all, but I probably would if I could use the space bar from my normal homescreen to launch SCM into it's own homescreen (which I'm aware I can, so so far so good on this point)..... On here, I'd love to add my own customisable icons, which could be resized too, with customisable text titles. This could result in some pretty awesome UI customisation. The possibilities are endless really. One icon could open SCM with say, my internet subsection menu (by setting the icon launch parameters to "shortcut me touch" / "i". Another one could open my maps subsection. Etc.

The second idea was to allow other shortcuts to be visible on the standard shortcut view. At the minute, this only looks possible with the date, time, battery and weather.

What are your thoughts ?

(and thanks for the update!)
    To keep ShortcutMe's Home Screen clean and useable with clear space for wallpaper , the icons on ShortcutMe's Home Screen can't have text and get resized (unlike Battery and Weather icons). But those icons can be set to open a sub section of ShortcutMe (as you wrote: your internet and maps subsection). That can be done by setting icon's launch settings to:
    Application Name: ShortcutMe_Touch
    Parameter: M (for Maps or I for Internet subsection).

Those icons on ShortcutMe's Home Screen can also launch a macro shortcut in ShortcutMe.

Example for nice and clean UI design (AK.B can design even better ones I am sure ) is:
    ShortcutMe 6 released for all BB models (Plug-in Function, EventLauncher, HomeScreen)-homescreenlatest.jpg
    ShortcutMe 6 released for all BB models (Plug-in Function, EventLauncher, HomeScreen)-akb1.jpg
    AxKxB likes this.
    11-10-12 08:16 AM
    i hate this stuff. i pay for it and doesnt work on my 9790 i want my money back. damn im gonna cry
    11-10-12 04:27 PM
    i hate this stuff. i pay for it and doesnt work on my 9790 i want my money back. damn im gonna cry
    Could you provide some details as to your issues? Maybe we could help you figure things out...
    11-10-12 04:37 PM
    Could you provide some details as to your issues? Maybe we could help you figure things out...
    I am also waiting for a description of what doesn't work.
    11-10-12 06:09 PM
    Just thought of a couple of ways that would make SCM improve 10-fold, at least, for myself :P

I don't use the homescreen mode at all, but I probably would if I could use the space bar from my normal homescreen to launch SCM into it's own homescreen (which I'm aware I can, so so far so good on this point)..... On here, I'd love to add my own customisable icons, which could be resized too, with customisable text titles. This could result in some pretty awesome UI customisation. The possibilities are endless really. One icon could open SCM with say, my internet subsection menu (by setting the icon launch parameters to "shortcut me touch" / "i". Another one could open my maps subsection. Etc.

The second idea was to allow other shortcuts to be visible on the standard shortcut view. At the minute, this only looks possible with the date, time, battery and weather.

What are your thoughts ?

(and thanks for the update!)
    I made a new version, 6.2.8.1 based on your request.
    You can use this version to open ShortcutMe's Home Screen directly even if you have turned it (SCM Home Screen) off in ShortcutMe.
    All you need to do is to create a shortcut with AppName set to "SCM_HomeScreen" (lets say it has SHS as shortcut) and get other apps/menus to launch ShortcutMe with parameter SHS.

For example you can have ShortcutMe's Home Screen turned off so that you usually open SCM with shortcut menu opened. (the way you have it now)
    But, in the same time have one of the below ways to open ShortcutMe directly in its Home Screen so that you can touch an icon to launch something:

- Select a BlackBerry System Menu (Use ShortcutMe's System Menu feature to launch SHS shortcut)

- Click an icon on BB Home Screen (Set a MyOwnIcon's or MyOwnIcons_light's icon to launch ShortcutMe with SHS parameter)

- Enter a hot key in BB Home Screen (Set a MyOwnHotKey's hot key to launch ShortcutMe with SHS parameter)

- Multiclick a media key (Set one of the MediaKeyBooster's shortcuts to launch ShortcutMe with SHS parameter)

- Tap a NFC tag (use NFCShortcuts)

You can upgrade to 6.2.8.1 using In-App Upgrade feature (Select Updates menu item in ShortcutMe) (only valid for 99xx, 981x, 985x, 986x, 979x and 938x models).
    11-10-12 06:33 PM
    That's fantastic, thank you!

Don't want to sound ungrateful or pushy, but the small icons don't give much "touch-friendliness". What would *really* make a kickass feature would be

1) ability to resize icons (or just add images?)

2) another shortcut to launch or return to shortcut menu mode (in the same way as the new SCMHomescreen)

3) ultimately, the ability to have multiple homescreens with different names and backgrounds, launchable via shortcuts. Imagine then being able to launch to homescreen mode (homescreen_0), with 4 big icons. clicking one of them takes you to another page (homescreen_1), with an internet-style wallpaper backdrop, on top of which there's an icon to launch the browser, another to launch a google search etc. Clicking the 2nd icon on homescreen_0 takes you to another page (homescreen_2), with a blurred map-style backdrop with a selection of icons to launch googlemaps, blackberry maps etc.

Sorry to sound ungrateful, I'm really not at all. The power of your app is amazing, it truly is. I just feel that adding these kind of features would allow users (and yourself) to create some incredibly complex launch structures, masked with a ridiculously simple (and visually impressive) UI. The current UI is a little restrictive, if that's the right word.

What are your thoughts ?
    11-10-12 11:48 PM
    Confirming that this happens on my new BB OS (7.1.0.714). This is probably because something is changed with the Clock app.
    I will look into how to write a workaround for it (something that doesn't messes up launching Clock on older BB OS).

In the mean time, just use this shortcut instead:

AppName: Macro
    Macros: Launch net_rim_bb_clock;
    That works. Thanks.
    11-14-12 01:28 PM
    That works. Thanks.
    Interesting... I just created 3 macros that launch the Clock and switch to Timer, Stopwatch, and Clock. For each of these they all launch fine without using "Macros: Launch net_rim_bb_clock;" Have not run to inconsistent launches of the Clock and I'm using 7.1.0.714 with SCM 6.2.8. The only difference is I'm using .714 on a 9930 instead of the 9900 where I got the OS from.

Related to starting the Timer/Stopwatch and back to Clock, is there a better way to write the macro for this? I currently launch the Clock, MENUKey, then use the keys to jump to that specific function before ENTERKey to start.
    11-14-12 01:46 PM
    How does one rename or delete a category label?

Also, I noticed that if I have more than one category starting with the same letter (for example, web and weather) that when clicking on one of these category in the shortcut menu, the sub-menu will display the other category shortcuts as well as its own. For example, there are three shortcuts for web category and five for weather category. The "main" menu shows the shortcuts properly separated in their respective category. However, after selecting web, not only will it display the three web shortcuts in the sub-menu but also display the five weather shortcuts. Is this how it is supposed to work? Can be it setup that the only shortcuts displayed in the sub-menu are the one for that category?
    11-14-12 01:50 PM
    Interesting... I just created 3 macros that launch the Clock and switch to Timer, Stopwatch, and Clock. For each of these they all launch fine without using "Macros: Launch net_rim_bb_clock;" Have not run to inconsistent launches of the Clock and I'm using 7.1.0.714 with SCM 6.2.8. The only difference is I'm using .714 on a 9930 instead of the 9900 where I got the OS from.

Related to starting the Timer/Stopwatch and back to Clock, is there a better way to write the macro for this? I currently launch the Clock, MENUKey, then use the keys to jump to that specific function before ENTERKey to start.
    This is interesting. When I use the clock app (not the launch net_rim_bb_clock) with a macro, the clock app starts fine. However, I get inconsistencies when just using the clock app without macros. This may be helpful for Vijik when troubleshooting this issue.
    11-14-12 02:08 PM
    How does one rename or delete a category label?

Also, I noticed that if I have more than one category starting with the same letter (for example, web and weather) that when clicking on one of these category in the shortcut menu, the sub-menu will display the other category shortcuts as well as its own. For example, there are three shortcuts for web category and five for weather category. The "main" menu shows the shortcuts properly separated in their respective category. However, after selecting web, not only will it display the three web shortcuts in the sub-menu but also display the five weather shortcuts. Is this how it is supposed to work? Can be it setup that the only shortcuts displayed in the sub-menu are the one for that category?
    I actually posed this very question not too long ago and here's the reply I received on this...

"That is normal behaviour. Categories are made just to make the main screen Tidy. They are not folders as folders brake the live search feature of ShortcutMe. When you click on a category from main screen, you actually enable a search for the first character of the category name. That character will also bring other shortcuts with the same char. If you want, after you click on a category, you can move the ones not from the category to top so that the category items are on the bottom. Or you can do as I do, by having all the categories on the main shortcut page at the bottom (so when I open them, their items are on the bottom."
    11-14-12 02:36 PM
    I actually posed this very question not too long ago and here's the reply I received on this...

"That is normal behaviour. Categories are made just to make the main screen Tidy. They are not folders as folders brake the live search feature of ShortcutMe. When you click on a category from main screen, you actually enable a search for the first character of the category name. That character will also bring other shortcuts with the same char. If you want, after you click on a category, you can move the ones not from the category to top so that the category items are on the bottom. Or you can do as I do, by having all the categories on the main shortcut page at the bottom (so when I open them, their items are on the bottom."
    That is good to know. A possible work around is to use a "prefix" to my category such as qWeb so that I will use "q" for web related shortcuts.

What about renaming or deleting categorizes? How can this be done?
    11-15-12 12:24 PM
    What about renaming or deleting categorizes? How can this be done?
    Always wondered about this myself...
    11-15-12 02:50 PM
    Robchow and Dimm0k, currently it is not possible to rename a category (the reason is because a category is not a shortcut and it was just reflecting the items in it).

Last night I made a new version that allows you to rename the category and also automatically change the shortcut keys for the shortcut in that category.
    It was working correctly when I briefly tested it, but I need to do more testing before it can be made available for you to download.
    dimm0k and AxKxB like this.
    11-16-12 06:44 AM
    Robchow and Dimm0k, currently it is not possible to rename a category (the reason is because a category is not a shortcut and it was just reflecting the items in it).

Last night I made a new version that allows you to rename the category and also automatically change the shortcut keys for the shortcut in that category.
    It was working correctly when I briefly tested it, but I need to do more testing before it can be made available for you to download.
    Nice! Does this mean we'll also be able to rename default categories or only the ones we've created?
    11-16-12 08:19 AM
    Nice! Does this mean we'll also be able to rename default categories or only the ones we've created?
    Any category you see in the main shortcut menu can be renamed, that including the default ones.
    11-16-12 10:17 AM
    That's fantastic, thank you!

Don't want to sound ungrateful or pushy, but the small icons don't give much "touch-friendliness". What would *really* make a kickass feature would be

1) ability to resize icons (or just add images?)

2) another shortcut to launch or return to shortcut menu mode (in the same way as the new SCMHomescreen)

3) ultimately, the ability to have multiple homescreens with different names and backgrounds, launchable via shortcuts. Imagine then being able to launch to homescreen mode (homescreen_0), with 4 big icons. clicking one of them takes you to another page (homescreen_1), with an internet-style wallpaper backdrop, on top of which there's an icon to launch the browser, another to launch a google search etc. Clicking the 2nd icon on homescreen_0 takes you to another page (homescreen_2), with a blurred map-style backdrop with a selection of icons to launch googlemaps, blackberry maps etc.

Sorry to sound ungrateful, I'm really not at all. The power of your app is amazing, it truly is. I just feel that adding these kind of features would allow users (and yourself) to create some incredibly complex launch structures, masked with a ridiculously simple (and visually impressive) UI. The current UI is a little restrictive, if that's the right word.

What are your thoughts ?
    djh_wolf,
    1) It is an issue with resizing APIs for images with transparent background (all icons on the Home Screen). For some reason (it is reported as a bug a while back) when images are resized the transparent background is changed to black. I still haven't found a workaround for that.

2) I will add SCMShortcutMenu function in newer versions.

3) This is not easy to do because of digital rights for images/icons downloaded to ShortcutMe and because of the limited memory in persistent storage, and also the effect on the performance.
    Besides, it will eventually become a parallel to the existing shortcut menu. So, because of the above reasons, I don't have plan to make every feature of the shortcut menu in the SCM Home Screen.

You sound very reasonable. Don't have second thought when you are suggesting good ideas.

Cheers.
    AxKxB likes this.
    11-16-12 07:15 PM
    @Robchow and Dimm0k, you can now upgrade to ShortcutMe 6.2.8.3 (for your 99xx BBs) by using the Upgrade menu item in ShortcutMe.

If you highlight a category in main shortcut menu of 6.2.8.0 and hit BB key, you will see the new menu item called "Rename Category".
    AxKxB and robchow like this.
    11-16-12 07:21 PM
    Thanks for the explanation
    11-17-12 01:01 PM
    @Robchow and Dimm0k, you can now upgrade to ShortcutMe 6.2.8.3 (for your 99xx BBs) by using the Upgrade menu item in ShortcutMe.

If you highlight a category in main shortcut menu of 6.2.8.0 and hit BB key, you will see the new menu item called "Rename Category".
    Thank you. I will give this a try.
    11-27-12 05:48 PM
    Recently changed my font on device to Google's "Roboto" font and it looks like the yellow highlighting that you see when you scroll the menu list is a little off. The highlight bar looks like it could move slightly down as it currently overlaps the text above the selection...
    11-27-12 06:51 PM
    Hi All - this is my first post here.

Is there anyone who tried "SwitchTo_XG" Macros on BB9900?
    When I'm trying use it, it always swithing off Data Services in my Device.

My OS is 7.1.0.190 and SCM 6.2.8.0 currently.
    12-05-12 12:18 PM
544 ... 1819202122
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD