A new version of ShortcutMe, 6.2.7.0, is submitted to App World yesterday.
    It has some new macros for switching language and some bug fixes.
    Hopefully it will become useful for those macro writers with other native languages than English.
    Last edited by Vijik; 10-12-12 at 11:05 PM.
    10-12-12 11:25 AM
    You're very welcome.
    Glad to see that you like the ShortcutMe's Home Screen.
    I assume since you are good with graphical design stuff, you will end up with a very nice Home Screen.
    Surely! I've been setting up the shortcuts and macros as of now, next the Homescreen!

Here's a shot of my current setup
    Attached Thumbnails ShortcutMe 6 released for all BB models (Plug-in Function, EventLauncher, HomeScreen)-screenshot_oct_15__17_55_25.png  
    10-15-12 07:40 AM
    @Ak.B,

Nice.

If you want to spice up your shortcut screen and don't want to use ShortcutMe's Home Screen, then:
    In Common Config page youcan set UI Mode to "HomeScreenOff+Wallpaper", then you can design your Home Screen with your shortcuts, all in one screen.
    (any Home Screen item you want to see in Shortcut Screen has to have a proper setting for "Visibility in NoHomeScreen Mode")
    10-15-12 08:54 AM
    That's cool! Got the Time, Date and weather to show..
    Attached Thumbnails ShortcutMe 6 released for all BB models (Plug-in Function, EventLauncher, HomeScreen)-screenshot_oct_15__20_25_42.png  
    10-15-12 10:03 AM
    Anyone has a non latin language (in addition to English) installed on their BB?
    I need someone to test the new language related macros for me.
    10-17-12 08:31 AM
    Anyone has a non latin language (in addition to English) installed on their BB?
    I need someone to test the new language related macros for me.
    Anyone from Korea, Indonesia, Vietnam, Thailand, India on this thread?
    10-20-12 11:35 AM
    I use 9800 and error in MacroEditer is the point jump top when AddSelectedMacro the. Unable to switch to type vietnamese in MacroEditer with v6.2.7
    10-21-12 07:42 PM
    Anyone from Korea, Indonesia, Vietnam, Thailand, India on this thread?
    India here..

10-24-12 06:22 AM
    Ķhaisilk and AK.B, when you have a text field open does ALT+Enter brings up a list where your language is one of them?

If the answer is yes, what ALT+ENTER does in the Input macro window when you run this shortcut:

APPname: macro
    Macros: Input $v;
    10-24-12 12:32 PM
    Looking forward to the update release
    11-04-12 05:01 AM
    Looking forward to the update release
    6.2.8.0 is now submitted to App World. It should be available to 9900, 9930, 998x, 9380, 9810, 9850, and 9860 owners within next 2 days.
    AxKxB and Judge Dredd like this.
    11-04-12 09:03 AM
    I am having a little problem here. I have a scheduled profile switching every day. The problem is that my phone starts every day at the time that is scheduled for the first profile switching even on the days that are marked as "except". It seems like exception does not really work in my case. So my phone starts at 7 a.m. even on a weekend when it suppose to start at 10. Any ideas?
    11-05-12 07:47 AM
    @Judge Dredd,
    Can you give more info as how you have set scheduled launch parameters, and what are the settings for the shortcut that is supposed to launch?
    11-05-12 09:49 AM
    Of course I can. I have several shortcuts that are switching my profiles at certain time. So I had scheduled the launch for each of it. The first one is turning on the normal profile every working day at 7 a.m. except Saturday and Sunday (days 6&7). At Saturday and Sunday I have this shortcut scheduled to run at 10a.m. I turn my phone off every night so before it shuts down I see the message saying that it will start automatically tomorrow at some certain time. This time is either alarm or first scheduled action. So I don't have alarm set on Saturday morning and the first scheduled action would start at 10 a.m. This is the time to switch the profile to normal. But the phone starts at 7 as it will start on any working day. I know that because I tried to disable this action and then the phone start on Monday morning when the alarm is scheduled.

I hope I gave you an idea of what is happening. )) I can also attach the screenshot if you need more information.

Thanks!
    11-05-12 12:41 PM
    Of course I can. I have several shortcuts that are switching my profiles at certain time. So I had scheduled the launch for each of it. The first one is turning on the normal profile every working day at 7 a.m. except Saturday and Sunday (days 6&7). At Saturday and Sunday I have this shortcut scheduled to run at 10a.m. I turn my phone off every night so before it shuts down I see the message saying that it will start automatically tomorrow at some certain time. This time is either alarm or first scheduled action. So I don't have alarm set on Saturday morning and the first scheduled action would start at 10 a.m. This is the time to switch the profile to normal. But the phone starts at 7 as it will start on any working day. I know that because I tried to disable this action and then the phone start on Monday morning when the alarm is scheduled.

I hope I gave you an idea of what is happening. )) I can also attach the screenshot if you need more information.

Thanks!
    That is the normal behavior.
    The BB OS APIs for scheduling something do not have filter for days. ShortcutMe, therefore, sets the scheduling to everyday but before it launches the scheduled shortcut, it checks and doesn't run the shortcut if the current day is one of the days specified in "Launch all days except" (in Common Config page of ShortcutMe).
    11-05-12 03:34 PM
    Well, thank you very much, that answers the question.
    11-05-12 08:27 PM
    Hi, just a quickie.

Could you point me in the direction of where to find custom wallpaper backgrounds JUST for SCM's popup menu please? The guides say there's a link within one of the config pages, but I'm sure it's not present on mine... either that, else could you tell me what size the menu background should be so that I can create my own?

TIA
    11-06-12 09:03 AM
    11-06-12 01:17 PM
    11-06-12 01:20 PM
    11-06-12 01:22 PM
    11-07-12 01:49 PM
    11-07-12 01:57 PM
    11-07-12 02:00 PM
    Anyone having issues with the ShortcutMe starting the clock? For me, it works sometimes and sometimes is starts but is in the background (I can see that the app started using the switch app blackberry menu).
    11-07-12 06:10 PM
    Just thought of a couple of ways that would make SCM improve 10-fold, at least, for myself :P

I don't use the homescreen mode at all, but I probably would if I could use the space bar from my normal homescreen to launch SCM into it's own homescreen (which I'm aware I can, so so far so good on this point)..... On here, I'd love to add my own customisable icons, which could be resized too, with customisable text titles. This could result in some pretty awesome UI customisation. The possibilities are endless really. One icon could open SCM with say, my internet subsection menu (by setting the icon launch parameters to "shortcut me touch" / "i". Another one could open my maps subsection. Etc.

The second idea was to allow other shortcuts to be visible on the standard shortcut view. At the minute, this only looks possible with the date, time, battery and weather.

What are your thoughts ?

(and thanks for the update!)
    11-08-12 02:27 PM
544 ... 1718192021 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD