I downloaded the shortcover app to my phone today and went on it and an error message popped up "The application shortcovers has attempted to open a connection to a location inside the firewall and outside the firewall which is not allowed by your IT policy." This shows up twice and then says "There was an error starting Shortcovers. Please try again later." Well its later and its still not working. So what do the error messages mean and how do we fix this!?

OH YEA! What is IT policy?

Thanks in advance for your help!
    06-04-09 04:12 PM
    i dont have an answer for you but i just had to comment on the "Well its later and its still not working." that is too funny.

/hijacking.
    06-04-09 04:57 PM
    Same here!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-04-09 09:19 PM
    I looked into what exactly an IT was and Im not getting a definite answer.. but it looks to be some kind of firewall placed by a business you could be working for.. Is this correct?

I have a personal BB bought straight from Sprint. Not ebay or craigslist or any other place like that.. Right there in the Sprint store. So I shouldnt have one right? I see there is a way to delete an IT policy. When I go to Options> Security> General Settings and scroll down like Im told in those other threads I see Services: ***No Services***

So do I have an IT policy? Because the app says I do but Im not showing one.. if Im even looking in the right spot.

Should I attempt to delete an IT policy or will that mess things up.

I would really like to get this to work already! I really hate having a phone that is smarter than I am.

ETA: Now a little more than an Hour later I have that stupid message stuck on my screen I have done several battery pulls and the phone comes back on with the error message. I can not access any part of my phone and I cant shut it off with my power button.. Im about to throw the phone into the storm!
    Last edited by mmartinez1987; 06-05-09 at 02:29 AM.
    06-05-09 01:32 AM
    Hi,

The problem you are experiencing lies with the firewalls on your device. If Shortcovers is not on the firewall's list of recognized and allowable applications to access the Internet, then the Shortcovers application will fail at startup and the error message will appear.

Our advice is to contact Sprint and ask that Shortcovers be allowed access.

We hope this helps!
    06-10-09 02:05 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD