I know this has been asked 100 times, but does anyone know of an app or know if there is an app in development like shopsavvy for iphone and android phones?
    07-30-09 03:14 PM
    I hope so. I would PAY for that app too. I didn't know the iPhone had a version.
    07-30-09 04:11 PM
    bump... anyone?
    09-26-09 07:06 PM
    Edocrab is in beta so far. The beta is available on the Blackberry App Store. The description is as follows:

""edocrab" (barcode spelled backwards) is a new, FREE beta app for the BlackBerry� smartphone that will let you scan product barcodes with your camera� and get instant online price comparisons, user reviews, product images, video clips, and more! You can even make purchases online directly from your BlackBerry device. In a rush? E-mail great deals to yourself or to friends and buy it later from your computer. "edocrab" helps you save time AND money while making you cooler in the process. Does it get much better than this?

* Note that is is a BETA app and is still being actively developed. Check out edocrab | Leave the Jungle. Hit the Beach. (SM) for scanning tips and answers to FAQ regarding the app.

� edocrab works on all devices with OS version 4.5 and higher. Scanning feature requires a camera with an auto-focusing lens (BlackBerry� Storm™, Tour™, and Curve™ 8900). Other users can manually enter the barcode easily too!"

Still needs refinement, but it looks very promising. Also don't think they have a "local" option yet, but I imagine that will come in time.

Also take a look at their site here:
    edocrab | Leave the Jungle. Hit the Beach. (SM)
    09-26-09 07:19 PM
    i had just found this!! and installed it! it is aweomse just what i was looking for! now need the keyring app like android has!
    keyringapp.com
    09-26-09 07:21 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD