Just an FYI Shazam for blackberry is here! In the app world!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-01-09 12:25 AM
    What section is it in? I can't find it?

04-01-09 01:07 AM
    Just go to the top downloads
    04-01-09 01:09 AM
    Hmm its not showing up for me there or when I search for it.

04-01-09 01:11 AM
    Well this seems unique. This is similar to that app that comes on Verizon's phones that identifies music through the microphone.

04-01-09 01:14 AM
    It's even on the start page for the appworld...just scroll through the apps.
    04-01-09 01:20 AM
    It's not there for me and neither is the ticketmaster application. I'm wondering if certain applications are available to certain people.
    04-01-09 01:25 AM
    top downloads shouldnt be though... Pretty sure top downloads are based on overall stats, not to mention we are on the same carrier, etc.
    04-01-09 01:25 AM
    Yeah that's what isn't making sense to me. I looked in top downloads, on the start page and I searched for it and its not showing up anywhere.

Ill check again in the morning maybe it'll be there.

04-01-09 01:32 AM
    Works Great! Still searching for TicketMaster app though...

04-01-09 01:57 AM
    What's the deal with the trial period? Will it still tag after that or do I have to pay then?
    04-01-09 02:01 AM
    When I press setup it says, Shazam needs to record to your phone. Please set the permissions on your hone to allow recording. Error #1204. What should I do?
    04-01-09 07:36 AM
    Thank you Blackberry for finally giving us Shazzam... Now how about Facebook 1.5?
    04-01-09 07:46 AM
    @HiitzDennis: close shazam. from blackberry menu go Options > Advanced options > Applications

Wait for list to build

scroll down and highlight shazam and press menu button and select Edit Permissions

set connections and interactions to ALLOW and save

then try re-running shazam.
    04-01-09 07:47 AM
    Yeah that's what isn't making sense to me. I looked in top downloads, on the start page and I searched for it and its not showing up anywhere.

Ill check again in the morning maybe it'll be there.

It's not there for me, either.
    04-01-09 07:54 AM
    @HiitzDennis: close shazam. from blackberry menu go Options > Advanced options > Applications

Wait for list to build

scroll down and highlight shazam and press menu button and select Edit Permissions

set connections and interactions to ALLOW and save

then try re-running shazam.
    Thanks a lot!
    04-01-09 08:04 AM
    Not there for me. I'm in Canada.

04-01-09 08:28 AM
    It works great, but I am also wondering what are the limitations after the trial period? It says for the trial period that I can get unlimited tags, but what is the limit thereafter?
    04-01-09 08:34 AM
    I loaded it this morning, but it is more or less a trial. It has, "Use Shazam free until 8.30 AM 31 May 2009." at the top of the screen. When I look a little deeper it tells me:

"Get unlimited* tagging and access to fully featured Shazam for a single payment of USD $4.99. Valid for this mobile only. Click "continue" to proceed (Your phone's browser will open). If you're on WiFi, please use a WAP connection to ensure you're presented with the right payment options.

*Subject to usage policy."

$4.99 isn't bad for this.
    04-01-09 08:34 AM
    Totally worth $5, but I wonder how many tags you can do in the FREE version? I doubt that I will use this app daily, or even weekly, so if I am limited to 5 tags per week or so, I will just keep the free version.... this is an awesome app though!!
    04-01-09 08:40 AM
    BlackBerry App World

On your blackberry. You can also go to the appworld website online and have them send you a link by email which will then ask to open straight in BB Appworld.
    04-01-09 08:49 AM
    Totally worth $5, but I wonder how many tags you can do in the FREE version? I doubt that I will use this app daily, or even weekly, so if I am limited to 5 tags per week or so, I will just keep the free version.... this is an awesome app though!!

The limited version restricts you to 5 tags per month. They really aren't kidding when they say limited...
    04-01-09 11:08 AM
    I went ahead and bought it just the same..... one of those things that I might want to use in a hurry one day and don't want to start it up to find out that I reached my limit. $5 well spent, it's worth the COOL factor just to show your friends. Amazing app
    04-01-09 11:10 AM
    hi , i'm on o2 u.k and cannot find shazam on app world anywhere??

can anyone please help?
    04-01-09 11:19 AM
    I'm under the impression that the iphone users get this for free, when talking to my friend that uses it on his iphone? Why do we have to pay for it?

For those of you who still cant find the app, look under the music/video section.
    04-01-09 12:26 PM
44 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD