I just downloaded Shazam on my Bold.

First message when I go to load Shazam is: "Shazam is requesting changes to its application control permissions."

I click view.

No matter whatever I change it to I get the following message: "Sorry, you must accept the permission update to allow Shazam to work."

Can anyone help?
    06-28-09 07:24 PM
    U must go to Option and set up permission from there

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-28-09 07:46 PM
    U must go to Option and set up permission from there

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Just tried that - got same result. By going to Options, it will not let me change it to Allow. I am forced to keep it at Custom.
    06-28-09 07:54 PM
    Let me take a guess...

You are on BES 5.0 and you probably have a software configuration assigned to your device by your BES admin, and further your BES admin has not created a custom "Application Control Policy for Unlisted Applications". The default one only allows "prompt" or "deny" access to the Phone API, Internet network and internal network.

Shazam sees it can't set the permissions to "Allow" for these three items, and exits.
    07-08-09 10:56 AM
    I am having the same error, but my BES admin says we are not on 5.0. Also, I am using a VZW 8330.
    07-17-09 02:03 PM
    This issue is related to having an IT policy that doesn't like applications changing certain permissions. We hope to have a fix out for this shortly.
    07-21-09 05:21 AM
    robinShazam, has there been any progress made on this? I'm having the same problem. I just dropped my BB on our BES. Pretty upset about this, as shazam is a SWEET app.
    10-01-09 09:32 AM
    Has there been any progress made on this? Having the same problem.
    02-04-10 11:06 PM
    Shazam is more flexible than it used to be regarding permissions. What issue are you experiencing? Does Shazam not start up? Does it ask for permissions and then exit anyway?
    02-05-10 04:58 AM
    When I try to set the permissions, it looks like I can set it to Allow. But after selecting Allow, it goes back to Custom, and I still can't access anything.
    02-07-10 04:13 PM
    When I try to set the permissions, it looks like I can set it to Allow. But after selecting Allow, it goes back to Custom, and I still can't access anything.
    Taking this to PM.
    02-08-10 05:09 AM
    robinShazam, I' m having the same problem. Often, by the time I get Shazam to work the song is over.
    03-10-13 04:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD