Hi there,

I was wondering how to share a link to facebook using my bb. I saw the copy page address and send to facebook, but that just changes my status to the link...can I just share it like I normally would on my pc? Maybe an app I can use?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-23-10 11:12 AM
    Anyway to get it to not be my status and just a normal link on wall..just like you do on the pc?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-23-10 12:16 PM
    Even on the PC, or at least mine, it is still a part of your Status.
    12-23-10 01:35 PM
    Hmm lemme try and rephrase when you post a link on ur wall does your status change? Sorry if i making it sound complicated :P
    12-23-10 01:56 PM
    Hmm weird, only time my status would change is if i update it myself. If i post a link say http://crackberry.com/ it would come up as a wall post lol
    12-23-10 02:38 PM
    I have always had (no matter what version) what I THINK may be your issue as well:

Can't share or post a link... Let me explain.

If a friend posts a link, the RIM F/B app doesn't provide the SHARE button like on computer version. (annoying)

So if I follow that link to the internet address - or perhaps I was on the net first, didn't go thru f/b- , often that page/ article will give me an option to SHARE on f/b. IT will then bring up a f/b page, where I can add my comments, and have the SHARE button at the bottom. However, when I hit that button, nothing happens, even though it is colored, as in active. There is a sort of a timer icon that continues to spin on the f/b page, so not sure if that has anything to do with it, but it never stops spinning. Like I said, this feature has NEVER worked for me.

I can work around: I can post the link by using the BB's menu and SHARING that way, but it then posts as a STATUS UPDATE (allowing no comments), not as a LINKED post. And of course if it was initially a link posted by a friend, it won't "track" that sharing.

Does this make sense?

I have searched google for similar problem posts, but haven't seen anything. And since I have the newest app, you think that it would have been corrected if it was a glitch.

Is there a setting I am missing? Or just a development snafoo?
    Any work-arounds?

Thanks so much.
    01-31-11 02:58 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD