Hi folk! I'm quite new to BlackBerry and Shangmail, but at BB now I'm quite good as well.

I've searched here and there, deep googled the net, but still, there is no way for me to make my BB get e-mails at all.
    I even tried with Google Translate to kinda understand the Official Shangmail chinese site for registering. Still.. no way!

Is there somebody who has succeeded in getting e-mails through Shangmail?
    Can you also send them without problems?

The thing is, I set up an account, entered my gmail information (address and password only) but I get nothing.

These my configs:
    � Network: "Other"
    � Use wifi: "yes"
    � Power protect: "No"
    .... (all default)

Under "Account List":
    � Bind account
    � □□□□ (Default) // I guess the squares are Chinese graphemes...
    [email protected]

Is it alright? Why do I keep being prompted "There are 0 new e-mail!"?

So I decided to go to the site again and I got into a config menu I had not seen yet. There I could insert the gmail config for imap (url and port and ssl check button).

What am I missing?
    Can somebody help me?!?!? Please!!!!
    10-03-11 03:45 AM
    There's a lot of useful info for shangmail here:

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...ngmail-399791/
    powerjacques likes this.
    10-03-11 10:24 AM
    Thanks, but still it can't help.
    Cannot figure out what's wrong. I keep being prompted "There are 0 new e-mail!".
    Any other hint?
    10-03-11 12:03 PM
    Thanks, but still it can't help.
    Cannot figure out what's wrong. I keep being prompted "There are 0 new e-mail!".
    Any other hint?
    Could it be, and I'm just guessing here, that you don't have any new emails in your inbox?
    10-03-11 01:47 PM
    Well, that's not the case. In fact I tried to send some emails by myself even from different accounts.
    Though, it possibly regards the email book service... Is it likely?
    What is it? What am I supposed to do with it? The only thing I've done for the moment is enabling the service by pressing alt s b e b keys in advanced option sth menu as I found in some forums. I'm prompted a confirmation message then. But now what?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-03-11 05:37 PM
    Btw in no way can I write an email since the BB tells me I've not configured the service yet and asks for a code and email...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-03-11 05:40 PM
    I think I'd find someone who reads Chinese or find another email program.
    10-04-11 10:45 AM
    To send emails you need the Email Service Book from your service provider. If you are using the BB on a network with no BB plans or service, which I assume you are since you want to use Shangmail instead of setting up through BIS, then you should google Anworm and you can find all the info you need on this. It would be considered a hack IMO so I cannot post instructions here.

In order to receive emails all you need to do is BIND your gmail account to Shangmail. To do this go to Accounts on the BB Shangmail app, click on Bind Account, enter your info.

As far as your connection settings, you might have to play around with that if you do not get a confirmation of the Bind. Direct TCP usually works, WiFi will always work as long as you have a WiFi enabled BB and are in range of a WiFi network.

If you are still having trouble you could always email Shangmail Support at [email protected], they are always helpful.
    Last edited by cartersball; 10-04-11 at 06:52 PM. Reason: To add Shangmail support email address
    powerjacques likes this.
    10-04-11 06:49 PM
    Alright! Here where I got to.
    Now I can send e-mail and receive them, but I have to change e-mail address... now my email is userATshangmail.com. If I send an email from my BB that is the address who sends... I could not receive any e-mail before, because I kept on sending to my gmail address and that is what I still need to fix.
    On the other hand, if I send an email to this userATshangmail.com account, I get my mail in the BB nicely pushed as if it were a sms...
    any hint?

Is this normal? Then, am I supposed to create a forwarding system inside my gmail account? or normally people receive their mail right to their old gmail account?
    10-05-11 06:44 AM
    Problem solved. Google Chrome with its translating engine was my only great help! It was just a matter of shangmail configuration. I had to add another email address and that's it. Now let's see..
    10-05-11 01:05 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD