I am new to Blackberry and have just bought the 9700. I have set up my emails and both my gmail accounts are fine and are pushing email through fine but my godaddy account takes around 10 minutes to recive an email on the phone.

Does anyone know what the problem is and how I can fix it. I know it may be something to do with the fact its a pop3 account, but is there anyway to get push email for this account or can I at least get the blackberry to check for emails say every few minutes as I could do with my HTC.
    08-16-10 11:34 AM
    GoDaddy email isn't going to push on a BB. Since it's fetch, I believe it fetches every
    15 minutes by default. If you receive another email within that time frame it'll fetch
    in 10 minutes. There's a thread on here that explains the fetch system but I can't
    remember the name of it.
    08-16-10 12:37 PM
    Interesting. My primary email address is hosted by GoDaddy via my website. I receive emails to this address just fine on my BB. In fact, they usually come through to my BB before they come through to Outlook on my computer.

I did have a problem once and contacted VZW who in turn, sent me over to RIM. The RIM tech told me something I had not heard before. He looked up my account and said I had "too many emails" stored on my GoDaddy account. There is a limit, I believe it was around 900 emails and after that, it takes the RIM servers "too long to sort through the emails to see which ones had already been delivered vs. ones that had not" (or something like that). The fix, he said, was to delete emails on my GoDaddy server account to reduce the number. I thought this was crazy as the actual number of emails I had was LESS than what he said the maximum was (but it was close, within 100 emails or so). I went ahead and deleted a bunch, reducing the number down to around 300 or so and, to my surprise, that did seem to fix the problem. Every once in a while, things seem to slow down regarding emails coming in to my BB, and when I go and clean up the GoDaddy Host account, things return back to normal. Weird, but that's what has been working for me! Keep us posted!
    08-16-10 12:37 PM
    Hey, Maestro: I did not see your post before my own response. As I mentioned, I have my primary email hosted by a GoDaddy account (my domain name) and have no problems. I have sent number test messages to myself, both from my primary email as well as through the email on my cable company domain name and even from Hotmail and Gmail accounts I have and they come through to my BB almost instantly, no 15 minute delays.

GoDaddy email isn't going to push on a BB. Since it's fetch, I believe it fetches every
    15 minutes by default. If you receive another email within that time frame it'll fetch
    in 10 minutes. There's a thread on here that explains the fetch system but I can't
    remember the name of it.
    08-16-10 12:39 PM
    Did you delete on your webmail or your outlook express?

Also do you have godaddy blackberry hosted exchange email on your account? Maybe that's why you get your emails like you do and I can't?
    08-16-10 12:45 PM
    Hey, Maestro: I did not see your post before my own response. As I mentioned, I have my primary email hosted by a GoDaddy account (my domain name) and have no problems. I have sent number test messages to myself, both from my primary email as well as through the email on my cable company domain name and even from Hotmail and Gmail accounts I have and they come through to my BB almost instantly, no 15 minute delays.
    Hmm interesting. Do you get plenty of emails through those accounts though?
    Because there's a trick in those. I know that Hotmail uses fetch on BIS (maybe
    that has changed recently) and uses the 15 minute interval. But let's say you
    get an email that used the 15 minute interval and you receive another three
    right after that, those other three will come in right away after that first one
    because the fetch system continues to fetch for another 10 minutes or so
    after at least one email has shown up. Let me see if I can find the thread that
    explains this further..
    08-16-10 12:49 PM
    08-16-10 12:50 PM
    Hmmmm....weird. No, I just now did another test, sending myself (my email on my GoDaddy account) an email from my cable company email and also from my hotmail account (I SO hate Hotmail, lol). I sent them individually, waiting for the Cox email to arrive first and then sent from the Hotmail account. The cable company email (cox.net) took two full minutes to come through from the time the message showed "sent" (Cox is usually slow). The Hotmail email came through to my Outlook in less than a minute, but as of now, five full minutes since I sent it, not arrived on my BIS BB. I have a client that regularly emails me from his Hotmail address and sometimes it is quite fast and other times, painfully slow. He is the only one that comes to mind who uses Hotmail. (Hotmail just arrived on my BB....it took six minutes).

Hmm interesting. Do you get plenty of emails through those accounts though?
    Because there's a trick in those. I know that Hotmail uses fetch on BIS (maybe
    that has changed recently) and uses the 15 minute interval. But let's say you
    get an email that used the 15 minute interval and you receive another three
    right after that, those other three will come in right away after that first one
    because the fetch system continues to fetch for another 10 minutes or so
    after at least one email has shown up. Let me see if I can find the thread that
    explains this further..
    08-16-10 01:16 PM
    I do try and keep my Outlook (2003, not Express) relatively cleaned up, it can get quite large. However, that should not impact the BB as the BB is receiving emails from the server, not from Outlook. When I say I "deleted emails" I was referring to my webmail.

This is interesting, I am hoping to find some info on this, especially the Hotmail thing as my client and I are getting frustrated over the periodic delays (which has, in the past, been as long as a few hours but then also, a minute or two).

Did you delete on your webmail or your outlook express?

Also do you have godaddy blackberry hosted exchange email on your account? Maybe that's why you get your emails like you do and I can't?
    Last edited by EnergyPlus; 08-16-10 at 01:37 PM.
    08-16-10 01:19 PM
    okay so bb can't offer push on godaddy email accounts. How can I get bb to check email every 5 minutes as you can do on HTC desire, is it possible to change how often it checks?
    08-16-10 01:41 PM
    okay so bb can't offer push on godaddy email accounts. How can I get bb to check email every 5 minutes as you can do on HTC desire, is it possible to change how often it checks?
    No. You can't manually change the fetch times.
    08-16-10 01:45 PM
    Have you ever considered switching your mail to google apps?
    08-16-10 02:49 PM
    whats google aaps? and would it sort this problem?
    Last edited by carlitos99; 08-16-10 at 02:57 PM.
    08-16-10 02:53 PM
    No. You can't manually change the fetch times.
    you could do that with the HTC thought you would be able to it with the blackberry.
    08-16-10 02:54 PM
    just tested my GoDaddy hosted e-mail, and it is definitely being pushed. I got it within 5-6 seconds.
    08-16-10 03:15 PM
    But where did you send it FROM? When I send an email from, say, my Hotmail account, to myself at my GoDaddy domain, it seems (as of the past few hours) to take about 5 or 6 minutes to reach me on my BB. If I send myself an email directly FROM my GoDaddy webmail, to myself at the same address, I get it on my BB very quickly.

just tested my GoDaddy hosted e-mail, and it is definitely being pushed. I got it within 5-6 seconds.
    08-16-10 03:25 PM
    whats the secret?
    08-16-10 06:16 PM
    Not sure what the secret is, I added it with the built-in e-mail setup and it did not ask me additional information like it did with my Exchange e-mail. Just worked automatically. For the test I sent the e-mail using Gmail.
    08-16-10 08:47 PM
    Are you sure you don't have that package I mentioned earlier in the thread or are you still on a pop3 account?
    08-17-10 01:36 PM
    Not sure what package you are referring to carlitos. I am on IMAP. my e-mail server is rimimap.securesever.net port 143.
    08-17-10 02:07 PM
    08-17-10 02:08 PM
    ok thanks will give it a read
    08-17-10 06:41 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD