My bro just got an 8900 and there a few problems that need sorting.

I didn't do the an official os update for it, I went straight for the .206, believing it would fix these problems.

He is on T mobile UK and after downloading app world and trying to use it, it says that he needs to upgrade to a data plan blah blah blah! This is rubbish as he has unlimited data. T mobile say it has nothing to do with them and after deleting app world, re-installing it and battery pulls....still nothing.

Second issue....Windows Live Messenger. There is no icon for it. I tried to find the download in the mobile blackberry, but nothing. All it says is if the icon is not there, contact you carriers to find out when it will be available for your device. Again rubbish as I can see other users on here with T mobile that use it. So does someone have an OTA link where this would be obtainable please?

Also is there a YouTube app for the 8900, like there is for the Storm? Because I can't find that either.

Enough of my time has been wasted trying to sort these out. So any help from people who actually know what they are talking about would be much appreciated, as I almost about to throw this thing against the wall using maximum force!
    04-22-09 06:50 PM
    There is no youtube app, and I experienced the same problem with app world after upgrading to .206. Unfortunately for me my problem was solved after a couple battery pulls and reinstall of appworld. I say you just try to uninstall it and reinstall it one more time after another battery pull and it should work. For some reason in my case, it took me a whole day with .206 for it to run well, since then, it has been the best OS and I have had stock OS, .168, and .199
    04-22-09 06:55 PM
    First, I don't know why any one wants or needs App World... I can get the same apps right here.

Don't know about the second one, and the third is a No... go to m.youtube.com
    04-22-09 07:16 PM
    There is no youtube app, and I experienced the same problem with app world after upgrading to .206. Unfortunately for me my problem was solved after a couple battery pulls and reinstall of appworld. I say you just try to uninstall it and reinstall it one more time after another battery pull and it should work. For some reason in my case, it took me a whole day with .206 for it to run well, since then, it has been the best OS and I have had stock OS, .168, and .199
    Ok, I'll give the appworld thing another crack.

Can you or anyone help with the MSN Messenger OTA download issue???
    04-22-09 07:18 PM
    Not sure on the MSN messenger thing, it might be something to do with the carrier though and since .206 isn't specific to your carrier that may be a reason it didn't install. I'm not sure about reinstalling it though because I just use AIM.
    04-22-09 07:31 PM
    Firstly - .206 is an official OS

Secondly - BlackBerry App World works perfectly on .206 so keep trying

Thirdly - WLM is available for download from BB App World, and also works perfectly on .206

Fourthly - No YouTube App yet for the 8900, just use the m.youtube.com link

Fifthly - Chill... you should be used to things not working, you own a Storm!
    04-22-09 07:52 PM
    Firstly - .206 is an official OS

Secondly - BlackBerry App World works perfectly on .206 so keep trying

Thirdly - WLM is available for download from BB App World, and also works perfectly on .206

Fourthly - No YouTube App yet for the 8900, just use the m.youtube.com link

Fifthly - Chill... you should be used to things not working, you own a Storm!
    OK so fingers crossed, if I get app world working I can download WLM from it. Cool!

Youtube is crap for us BB users anyway!

And I can chill cos yeah I have a Storm, but family is family
    04-22-09 08:10 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD