Hi
    I have just changed from opera beta to the full version but now the sensitivity of my trackpad in opera is much higher and is difficult to control. Is there a way of turning it down like it was in beta version? Thanks mark

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-27-10 10:41 AM
    Same issue here. Also, the text box input screens (like this forum) on many websites have problems accepting the data from opera mini. It is a work in progress, but is a hundred times better than the built-in BlackBerry browser. BlackBerry should buy opera and then improve upon it.
    04-27-10 12:09 PM
    From what I've read, the newer versions of OS 5.0.0.x handle the touchpad a lot better in Opera. I'm still running .330 so can't confirm yet.
    04-27-10 03:22 PM
    From what I've read, the newer versions of OS 5.0.0.x handle the touchpad a lot better in Opera. I'm still running .330 so can't confirm yet.
    0.93 here..and no, it's not true

These 2 issues with mini have been around for a while, I dont know why Opera has been so crap with patching it :P
    04-27-10 04:13 PM
    Also having this issue on a curve 8530. What sucks most about this is Opera is practically the only usable browser for this phone. It took me a good 4 minutes just to make it to this post screen. What I'd do for a god damned tab key...

05-28-10 11:26 PM
    I do have opera mini on my onyx and this is what i found:

- Opera mini to be much slower than stock browser... if set to socket or http uses opera's proxy servers whether you have carrier radio on or off... (not sure what it defaults to when on wifi as it always uses the opera proxy)

- I do like opera because of tabs as i usually leave a dozen tabs running.

- Browsing was a bit of a bit*#* but you get used to it... up is 2... left is 4 and 6 is right and 8 is down...

- The trackpad response being very slow is good because you can precision control it.

- ALT+Trackpad increases the speed.

OVerall i dislike opera because its slower than stock browser but its got tabs....

my $0.02.
    05-28-10 11:41 PM
    Alt+trackpad does not seem to work for me. Of course the jump keys work but its incredibly difficult to be precise with the cursor with it being so sensitive / unresponsive.
    05-28-10 11:55 PM
    I have OS .680 and it is better than 593.
    It renders the same speed as native but it does not render images as smoothly as native. The text boxes are better sized than na�ve

On the whole though I prefer native

05-29-10 01:15 AM
    In my case Opera5 was the fastest and I am on EDGE most of the time and rendered pages in 5-10 seconds in full...fast!

Cursor sucks, is all jumpy and a pain...nothing you can really do about it as it is an Opera thing...

Also in my experience I would post something on a forum using Opera5 and it would not go through and going forward or back you would lose all the text...was a deal breaker for me.

So went to Bolt and isn't as fast, but still faster than native BB browser and just as stable...been using it ever since.

Opera is laid out the best, but cursor and not posting stuff lead me to other browser...and it suffices till webkit...hopefully...

05-29-10 09:53 AM
    Having the trouble with my new Bold 9650. Trackpad goes all crazy, and it only happens in Opera. Very upset! Opera please fix this ASAP.
    06-06-10 07:37 AM
    slow down while scrolling and you won't have the issue. if you try scroll as fast as you would anywhere else, it will be jumpy.

this is a feature of the new Opera browser. it assumes that you're scolling fast for a reason. it tells you this when you first install it.
    06-06-10 08:19 AM
    Yea, I'm on .593 and experience some of the same scrolling issues. Some of websites I go to I need to use Opera because in the default browser they dont work right and I like the tabs as well.
    06-06-10 08:52 AM
    Yeah the jumpy cursor is a real pain in the as$ but you just have to get used to it as OM is much better then the native browser IMHO.
    06-06-10 10:22 AM
    The Opera Mini cursor is practically impossible to use with the Bold 9650. It can jump to the bottom of a page when the trackpad is hardly touched.

One really cannot expect to get used to it...
    06-24-10 01:38 PM
    Wow, ever since taking Java-script off my native browser, it is as fast if not faster than Opera5 is.

Been using it ever since and really like the layout on the native better. Just miss the tabs!

Guys all know about that? Check into it..gives me a whole new browsing experience.

06-24-10 03:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD