I know this question was probably asked before but I've searched for 2 days and can't find it. I want to know if someone who doesn't have mobile email or web can send an sms text to an email address?
    I am going out of the country and I would like to text my son back home (who doesn't have mobile web on his phone) using my Int'l. data plan. Verizon charges .50 each text and voice will be $1.99/min.
    Thanks!
    07-11-09 07:58 PM
    Not sure of the specifics on Verizon, being on ATT, but on it should go something like this...
    Before you leave, you send an email to your son his [email protected]. This will send a text to his phone. He should just hit reply and it should land in the email inbox you sent it from. Have him just reply to this thread and it should continue. You can send a new email to this @vtext email address anytime.
    It works fine, diff email suffix with ATT, but you might want to check in the Verizon Forum.
    Failing this, try to get your hands on a Google Voice invite. Try ebay. He can SMS to your Google Voice Number and you can just check the GV mobile web site. Don't set up the number to forward SMS to your cell phone number, if you don't want the intl charge.
    07-12-09 02:26 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD