I tried out this application called send a fix. It's like a quick way to mms/email your gps location to someone. It grabs your position very quick, which makes me wonder if it isn't keeping the gps 'warm'. Also, since the day I downloaded it, I noticed a dramatic decrease in battery life at the end of my day.

So, anyone else tried this app?

John
    02-26-09 06:16 PM
    try doing a battery pull or going into each sepeart app and making sure you exit each one.
    02-26-09 08:28 PM
    try doing a battery pull or going into each sepeart app and making sure you exit each one.
    Thanks. But it's a 'start menu' item only. It's never turned on or off, just an additional item menu.
    I'm more interested in seeing if anyone else has tried this application with such issues. I've removed it, and will check battery life again tomorrow.
    As far as my other programs, I've been sure to make nothing is 'on' in the background.

I've had this phone for 2 months, so I'm fairly aware of my 'normal' battery life, and this application was the only change I made. I suspect tomorrow I'll see decent battery life and know my answer.
    02-26-09 08:40 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD