Whew! Glad all that time wasn't a waste, I was sweatin' the possibility of it not working toward the end.

Tried deleting a few things with "What's Running?" including CLDC and the simulator accepted the requests, so those modules should also be replaceable with FishLoader because it does a force-delete before the save-with-overwrite.

Since it worked for you, I'm bumping it to release 1.0 and unless solvable problems turn up, that will probably be final as I've now got to move on to stuff for the holidays.

This will probably remain a free app, here's a perma link: FishLoader Release

------------
    Ah, one thing I didn't mention, if you're just looking to quickly load some COD's javaloader-style and don't need to create a JAD or ALX, then you can skip filling in all that header information and even the installer filename. Just add the COD's to the list and click Force-Load. Only the "Build Package" button requires all that other stuff.

And of course using Force-Load will not ask before replacing existing modules, but using "Build Package" and then saying Yes to install, WILL ask before replacing anything, because it uses the ordinary installation process.
    Last edited by LSphone; 09-13-11 at 01:41 PM. Reason: after line
    SCrid2000 likes this.
    09-13-11 01:13 PM
    As SOON as my Exams are done. I shall.
    09-13-11 08:00 PM
    09-13-11 09:16 PM
    You're probably not gonna want to use this for a whole hybrid, especially a whole hybrid installer (there's lots of files in there that don't get installed).
    FL will press on with a force-load if there are any files that the phone rejects. When the first error occurs it vibes and adds an "ERRORS" button, and you can pause the loading and check what's gone wrong, then resume or cancel.

There's also an error summary at the end in case you just let it go. But it will not abort the operation Windows-style the first time something goes wrong, when it is doing a force-load.
    09-13-11 09:32 PM
    FL will press on with a force-load if there are any files that the phone rejects. When the first error occurs it vibes and adds an "ERRORS" button, and you can pause the loading and check what's gone wrong, then resume or cancel.

There's also an error summary at the end in case you just let it go. But it will not abort the operation Windows-style the first time something goes wrong, when it is doing a force-load.
    I meant files that you don't want to install, like extra languages or Myspace

Sent from my NookColor using Tapatalk
    09-13-11 11:56 PM
    What a great app! Thanks for your hard work developing it.

Russ.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9850 using Tapatalk
    09-14-11 02:15 AM
    Testing loading a hybrid (several hundred new files) now.
    09-15-11 07:12 PM
    Here's a beta of an update with a faster force-loader and a way to escape a long COD list if you're using a trackpad (move directly left, then up or down).

edit: Please see newer version below
    Last edited by LSphone; 09-17-11 at 05:27 AM. Reason: noted
    09-16-11 02:54 PM
    Hey LS, I wanted to post something from the OSBB 600v7 thread
    Either way - loaded and running great - thanks for the v7 update! Long awaited for.

BTW - I used the LSPhone's FishLoader to load the Medical, Financial, and Legal language files. For some reason, those never get loaded but I need the Medical especially. Worked great!
    Blackfeet likes this.
    09-16-11 07:49 PM
    Hey LS, I wanted to post something from the OSBB 600v7 thread

I guess I should have done this to begin with, but thanks all the same Scrid . . .

And thanks to LSPhone for another extremely useful tool. This one will come in handy everytime I do an update/upgrade to my OS.
    09-16-11 09:26 PM
    Version 1.0.3 keeps the speed increase of 1.0.2 but will force-delete and try again for files that wouldn't take with the faster method. But it won't delete if there was some other problem such as unable to read a .cod file.

It works here... after a while if no-one reports a problem I'll post it as an update.
    09-17-11 05:25 AM
    Great tool, extremely useful, as it has been already stated but I haven't said my thanks yet.
    Just one remark: on the CB store the current version reads 1.0.3.5 while on your server it says 1.0.0.5

Txs again!
    09-26-11 08:21 AM
    Good Sunday Folks,

While waiting for the next OSBB v9 release, I am trying to swap a COD, net_rim_bb_ribbon_app, using FishLoader, but keep getting errors:

When trying to force load it, I get "[Error creating module]", and when trying to build a package and load it, I get "907 Invalid COD; A network error occurred."

I know the issue I am having with v8.5 that is caused by the version of net_rim_bb_ribbon_app used is corrected in v9 (have already been in contact with Scrid), but I kind of want to figure this out, just for educations sake. I have tried everything I can think of, so....

Anybody got any ideas? Thanks....
    10-09-11 01:29 PM
    Two things I noticed - it doesn't seem to handle spaces in the path name and the description can't be left blank. Otherwise, an awesome tool!
    10-11-11 11:07 AM
    Two things I noticed - it doesn't seem to handle spaces in the path name and the description can't be left blank. Otherwise, an awesome tool!
    The description is only required if you're creating a JAD or ALX, it's not necessary for direct COD loading (force-loading). Lack of a description is a peev of mine, we have so much stuff on our phones that I feel everything should have at least a brief description.

Thanks for bringing up the space issue, if I update this I'll try to address that.

As for it not working for Blackfeet, the error it gave means it was able to read the COD file, but could not even start creating the new module in memory before trying to save it over the existing one. It's an error that RIM's documentation indicates could occur, so I covered it, but the docs do not explain why it would occur. And I can't think of why it would...
    10-14-11 08:11 AM
    The description is only required if you're creating a JAD or ALX, it's not necessary for direct COD loading (force-loading). Lack of a description is a peev of mine, we have so much stuff on our phones that I feel everything should have at least a brief description.

Thanks for bringing up the space issue, if I update this I'll try to address that.
    I agree, blank descriptions stink, but I only noticed it because EA didn't specify a description for Need For Speed.
    10-14-11 08:38 AM
    The update just sent to the store allows spaces in path and filenames.

There's been another change -- to approve this for App World, RIM requested that it not overwrite OS, RIM app, or carrier modules. I've decided to distribute only that "safe" version through all stores. Most people are not hybriders, and don't need the ability to do that.

For people knowledgeable enough, the direct-download link continues to serve a fully-capable "OS" version, which does not restrict you from at least trying to overwrite any module you like.

"Safe" Version in CrackBerry Store

"OS" Version direct-download

You can distinguish which you have by whether or not "OS" appears in the top-right corner.
    10-15-11 11:44 AM
    Awesome LS!
    I suppose that doesn't surprise me that RIM would want the version in app world to be basically brick proof.
    Thanks for the update
    10-15-11 11:47 AM
    Awesome LS!
    I suppose that doesn't surprise me that RIM would want the version in app world to be basically brick proof.
    Thanks for the update
    After talking to them, I can see their point of view.

This way, no-one who casually downloads random stuff from the store will get ahold of the version that can patch the OS; only someone who went looking for an OS patch tool will get it, and they should know what they're about, otherwise don't start up a chainsaw...
    10-15-11 11:57 AM
44 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD