I mentioned this in another post

While watching the video someone made to promote and show the Quick Launch App Program. I noticed the phone used in that video had the ability to flick and continue to scroll like my friends IPhone does

I have tried every setting on mine and I have yet to be able to do this .. It seems weather I slide my finger .. or flick it .. the moment it comes off the screen the scrolling stops .. there is no sense of after flick movement

This would be useful when I'm scrolling thru my contacts with one hand and wanting to flick and get from A to T

Seeing it on the video I see its possible . perhaps I'm not noticing a setting

Any help???

Thank you
    02-14-09 09:43 AM
    I haven't seen such a setting, but have seen that behavior in some aps...sorry to say I don't remember which ones.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-14-09 09:49 AM
    Well, I don't remember seeing this but I know who made the video. His name is 0mie. Try sending him a message.

02-14-09 10:10 AM
    That would be cool to do that. I dont think there is a setting for that though. It was discussed in other threads before. Unless he has a leaked OS and it just seems to be scrolling fast. Thats all I can think of.
    02-14-09 10:28 AM
    I don't remember seeing that on the video, but I do remember that one time I was talking to 0mie about how long it takes me to scroll to the bottom of my 200 contacts, and he was like "Really? it takes me about 30 seconds..."
    there's gotta be some funny business going on here...
    knowing 0mie, he probably has some super top-secret beta application that we all won't be privy to, but I'll see what's going on and report back!
    02-14-09 12:54 PM
    there is a news group app that the flick works on. maybe that was in the vid. from what i've seen it doesn't work on all parts of the phone yet
    02-14-09 01:11 PM
    Wheres the vid?
    02-14-09 01:13 PM
    I don't believe there is any type of flick feature built into the current Storm OS. There are programs such as Quick Launch & Gmail that are programmed to allow that flick motion... RIM will hopefully build that into their applications soon...
    02-14-09 01:22 PM
    Link for the vid?

02-14-09 01:34 PM
    The BB myspace app has flick scrolling when viewing albums and pictures.but not everywhere =\
    02-14-09 01:39 PM

video....let's all watch and analyze it now
    02-14-09 01:42 PM
    I get the flick action on Instago when browsing thru my AIM contacts .. so this is DEF possible just program inclusive
    02-24-09 05:21 PM
    The programs have their own implementations written. There is no native blackberry widget/component that supports this. It is feasible for them to make such a thing, but I'd look at them to sort out their existing problems first before fulfilling wishlists.

This kind of thing could be a 4.7.1 release...
    02-24-09 08:40 PM
    I just saw the vid and I gotta say... He does seem to be flick scrolling... Weird

02-24-09 08:53 PM
    flick scrolling works on the AP Mobile news app
    02-24-09 08:55 PM
    it is built into that app specifically. the blackberry os does not currently have that option. future apps could enable it though i would imagine
    02-24-09 09:45 PM
    I wish there was flick scrolling, it would be very helpful. The best I can do is just set the sensitivity up
    02-24-09 10:41 PM
    Flick scrolling is also working on WSJ Reader (Wall Street Journal)
    02-24-09 10:48 PM
    If someone made this app to integrate with the OS, that would be worth buying. To just use it as a setting to add in the "screen" properties section. C mon Guys! SOMEONE MAKE THIS and I garentee they will get good sales from it. There is a lot of people dying for this
    03-03-09 08:14 PM
    i'd imagine that since the AP mobile news app designers can figure out how to get flick-scrolling functional on the Storm the OS designers can also figure it out. i have a feeling it's not long off, esp. based on demand for the feature.
    03-03-09 08:44 PM
    flick scrolling works on the AP Mobile news app
    this is not flick scrolling, the flick scrolling reminscent of the iphone works by inertia. If you use a small amount of force the page travels slowly. On the AP app if you swipe as hard as you can the phone will continue at the same speed a if you swiped really slow. This is just a cheap trick being ran in the back of the app. However the app does allow for quicker scrolling by swiping multiple times to increase speed.
    03-03-09 08:49 PM
    Flick works on the Gmail app as well.

I would love to have it on my contacts list!
    03-04-09 02:45 AM
    Yes,

This would be very nice scrolling through your contacts!
    03-04-09 02:47 AM
    im not a rich man but if someone created the app to work with the entire os I would sure as **** buy it...
    04-23-09 02:37 PM
    u can flick your contacts =)

04-23-09 03:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD