I have downloaded Sccope and it is supposed to have a barcode reader. I have a Tour which does have autofocus but there is no option to read barcodes.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-27-10 10:29 AM
    Hey,

The barcode scanning feature on the Tour is currently disabled due to reliability issues on that specific model. We're currently looking at how we can fix or work around the problems.

Scanning was originally enabled for this device however a number of users reported problems whereby the camera viewfinder would not open or the app would crash outright.

While we haven't gotten to the bottom of it yet, we know that the behaviour is different depending on which version of the OS you have. We have a bunch of Tours in the office and oddly enough, scanning works on ours, but the viewfinder is the wrong size.

I don't want to unleash it on the public until I'm happy it works properly. ;-)

May I ask which specific OS version you have?

Would you be interested in helping us test?

Many thanks,

-Yann

10-27-10 11:53 AM
    I'm using 5.0.0.975

10-27-10 03:36 PM
    The 9650 also has a history of camera reboot problems, although I've only had it happen once or twice. Just so you know tho, it's working fine on mine.
    10-27-10 04:35 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD