Saw this on a local news channel ... Was wondering if it may come to the bb storm ???

Saving Cents: Google phone app for shopping

03:29 PM CDT on Thursday, April 30, 2009

By Sherry Williams / 11 News

HOUSTON�If you have a smart phone, you can become a really smart shopper by turning the camera on the phone into a bar code scanner.

This works on Blackberry, iPhone and Google�s Android models, to name a few. All you have to do is download a software application. Those applications are typically free.

Here�s how it works: Say you want to buy a Webcam. Go to a store and scan the bar code of the one you like and your phone will tell you what store in your area is selling it at the cheapest price.

You can also type in a product brand and description to get the lowest price if you don�t have a bar code.

Video Slideshows Blogs �I think it�s a game changer. It really reverses the power in a retail setting and puts it in the hands of the consumer,� said Rylan Barnes, developer of the software application ShopSavvy.

Barnes said that the phone will also tell you how much of the product you�re looking for is in stock at stores near you and alert you when products are recalled.

Smart phones with comparison shopping apps available run from $150 to $200 and even higher.

Experts suggest you borrow one before you buy one to get the best price.

For more information on mobile comparison shopping applications, click on these links:
    biggu.com
    snaptell.com
    savebenjis.com
    this would be sweet if they can make it happen
    04-30-09 06:21 PM
    There are multiple apps available, although none work great with the Storm.
    04-30-09 06:33 PM
    where can i find those apps??
    04-30-09 06:56 PM
    i would like to know too
    05-20-09 08:40 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD