Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    1,086 Global Posts
    PIN
    284371E4
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Saving CaptureIt Pics?

Hey everyone,

I downloaded CaptureIt and when I tried to use it, I couldn't find the pic I saved. I went into the options and selected that it just save into my sdcard /pictures but it never saves there and when I look at the settings again it reverts back to the default save location (file:///store/home/user/CaptureIt/) which I cannot find.

Any ideas on how to make it save to my pictures folder?
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    1,086 Global Posts
    PIN
    284371E4
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #2  

Anyone?...?
    CrackBerry Genius

Quote Originally Posted by tuffy100 View Post
    Hey everyone,

I downloaded CaptureIt and when I tried to use it, I couldn't find the pic I saved. I went into the options and selected that it just save into my sdcard /pictures but it never saves there and when I look at the settings again it reverts back to the default save location (file:///store/home/user/CaptureIt/) which I cannot find.

Any ideas on how to make it save to my pictures folder?
    CaptureIt creates it's own folder either on the device storage or media card. You cannot change the destination that it creates. If your device has a memory card inserted, the capture will be saved there. If no memory card is available it will be saved to the device memory.

Do you have a media card in your device? Then it will be saved there instead of the device memory.
    MY TAKE ON THE Z10... I DON'T KNOW HOW, OR WHY, BUT IT WORKS!!!
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    1,086 Global Posts
    PIN
    284371E4
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #4  

Quote Originally Posted by MADBRADNYC View Post
    CaptureIt creates it's own folder either on the device storage or media card. You cannot change the destination that it creates. If your device has a memory card inserted, the capture will be saved there. If no memory card is available it will be saved to the device memory.

Do you have a media card in your device? Then it will be saved there instead of the device memory.
    I do have a memory card but when I go to "pictures", it is not in there.
    CrackBerry Genius

If the folder is not seen, you may have to set your permissions to "allow" so it has the permission to create the folder.
    If you still cannot see a CaptureIt folder, you may have to do a re-install of the application.

IIRC, it should be under -> file explorer/media card/blackberry/pictures. Just beneath your BBM pics folder.

I've used it for years, but have since moved on to others. I now use ZonaSnap.
    Much Better with more functionality.
    MY TAKE ON THE Z10... I DON'T KNOW HOW, OR WHY, BUT IT WORKS!!!
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    1,086 Global Posts
    PIN
    284371E4
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #6  

Quote Originally Posted by MADBRADNYC View Post
    If the folder is not seen, you may have to set your permissions to "allow" so it has the permission to create the folder.
    If you still cannot see a CaptureIt folder, you may have to do a re-install of the application.

IIRC, it should be under -> file explorer/media card/blackberry/pictures. Just beneath your BBM pics folder.

I've used it for years, but have since moved on to others. I now use ZonaSnap.
    Much Better with more functionality.
    I'll try doing a reinstall.

Thanks for the suggestion, I'll try out ZonaSnap.